test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading reviews!

xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hey guys. I'd like to start another quest review trading thread. I will play / rate / review any of your quests that are posted here providing they are manageable solo (even if challenging.)

Of course, I'd expect you to try mine out as well!

Post your quest info here.

Mine -
Name:Tomb of Talanos
ID: NW-DGZ62JVB3
#Combat, #Story

Short description:
The Circle of Nevermana has enlisted in your aid. They have tracked the nefarious lich Talanos deep inside an ancient crypt and have requested assistance from capable adventurers.

Soloable but will take some care. Especially at higher levels.
Lots of combat! Also has some puzzles, lore, and an alternate ending depending on choices you make.

JnfU90S.jpg

Quests reviewed -

Atiaxi: Rated and reviewed
Narathkor: Rated and reviewed
Daezo: Rated and reviewed
skratchx: Rated and reviewed
dugada: Rated and reviewed
adhrean: Rated and reviewed
maddriver: Rated and reviewed
savagehenrry: Rated and reviewed
luther8: attempted quest, got stuck at the "find body" part of the quest. Really big map, explored alot of it and couldn't find it. Might need to have the waypoint for this part. I'll try again later though
strainzed: Rated and reviewed
hflord1: Rated and reviewed
vlayde9: Rated and reviewed
lostcharta: Rated and reviewed
Post edited by xivilyn on

Comments

• atiaxiatiaxi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I reviewed this last time you posted it, actually - I see you've already changed the description from my feedback :)

Hoping to see your review for mine!
    --
    My foundry campaign "In Thrall to the God of Rage":
    Crumorn the Spiked: NW-DCDX6KMED
    Nerisatis the Cold: NW-DNIEWE95D
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My new one needs reviews/testing. It is very challenging but you can solo it, I have on a 60 GF, 28 CW and 16 Cleric.

Quest: A Name For Yourself
    Shortcode: NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Combat: Standard to Hard
    Story: Heavy

After dealing with your father's past, it is time to set off and make a name for yourself. You seek to be your own hero, create your own mark on the world. You have heard of the troubles in the Blacklake District and it is time to head there to see if you can be of service. There is a once noble family who remains in the Blacklake District that seeks aid in keeping what is theirs.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    atiaxi wrote: »
    I reviewed this last time you posted it, actually - I see you've already changed the description from my feedback :)

Hoping to see your review for mine!

Rated and reviewed. Really enjoyed it, thanks for bringing my attention to it
  • daezodaezo Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Will trade reviews with ya!!

Bringing Truth to Words
    NW-DDE386E52
    to view foundry quest click on campaign name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    My new one needs reviews/testing. It is very challenging but you can solo it, I have on a 60 GF, 28 CW and 16 Cleric.

Quest: A Name For Yourself
    Shortcode: NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Combat: Standard to Hard
    Story: Heavy

After dealing with your father's past, it is time to set off and make a name for yourself. You seek to be your own hero, create your own mark on the world. You have heard of the troubles in the Blacklake District and it is time to head there to see if you can be of service. There is a once noble family who remains in the Blacklake District that seeks aid in keeping what is theirs.

Rated and reviewed. Liked the boss encounter alot.
  • skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    In my sig :)
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    I played yours and its very good ;) Really like that ending with effects, great job:)

Here is my, pls review:
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    The camp and bandits

The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • adhreanadhrean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, would really appreciate some feedback and reviews for the first quest of my campaign. Will return the deed! =)

Campaign: A Tale of Mercenaries
    Part1: Tomb Raided NW-DMDKN4OSV
    Tags: Story + combat

I really need some feedback to fuel the fires for part two =) Thanks in advance
    7hkpesap3zswchmskoh.jpg
    Part 1(NW-DMDKN4OSV) Part 2(NW-DDILOBE9K)
  • maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Played it, rated it. All in all it was an impressive quest.

The part that I liked the most was the start of the adventure, that very atmospheric search for a way into the tombs. Rain, thunder...excellent.

First of all I played as a level 22 Control Wizard with a rank 10 Healer companion.
    The encounters were difficult, but not impossible. The quest can definitely be completed solo, but it just takes a lot of care and...inspiration.

Spoilers (don't read if you haven't played the map already)
    The zombie room was quite easy to dodge, once you figure out the patterns. I stood close to the right-hand wall and killed about 3-4 waves, while the rest of them didn't attack.
    The Neverdeath encounter next was also quite easy to dodge. I simply stuck to the wall and I was out of their range.
    A similar method I used for the final encounter in the crypts, just near the Bone Golem. Opening the large door was a bit tricky, but manageable.

/End of spoilers

The finale was also intense, but I got a little lost there until I figured out that I had to click the vortex first. Perhaps it was just my lack of attention.
    I liked the search for the second item (after the defeat of the cult leader), as it it not explained where it is. I just remembered that "not cleaned yet" room I was told not to go into. It was a nice touch, but I don't know what other players will think of it (different opinions and all that). I certainly like a bit of exploration and stuff you have to figure out for yourself.

The hidden traps were great. It gave a relatively harmless component of the game a surprising attack.
    The rooms are quite linear, in terms that there isn't a lot of side exploration to do, other than the main quest. Some extra rooms with readable/intractable objects would have done nicely, in my opinion. But I guess that that would have greatly increased the play time.
    I would have also liked a bit more conversations with the NPCs there. While I understand that it is a combat-oriented map, I always think that there's stuff like this that adds more flavor for everyone.

The scripted events (like the initial attack on the guards) were well made and they felt natural in the way they started and ended.
    I also expected some monsters to spawn on my way back from the Bone Golem.

All in all I enjoyed it as a story and as a combat quest. While there are things that can be tweaked, it is one of the quests that deserves a continuation (and its own campaign). Keep it up.

In my case, I have created the first quest in the campaign called Ignum.
    I am curious to see what's your opinion on the way the maps are designed and combat handeled.
    Ignum - Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld by @krtr
    Short Code: NW-DA4N8EOZD

~Cheers
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • savagehenrrysavagehenrry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quest: Slig Caves
    Author: @savagehenrry
    Short Code: NW-DMRNRKVJD

First of a campaign I am working on
  • luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I left a review, If you are interested in my quest check out NW-DGTN72HYL
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
    edited May 2013
    maddriver wrote: »
    Played it, rated it. All in all it was an impressive quest.

The part that I liked the most was the start of the adventure, that very atmospheric search for a way into the tombs. Rain, thunder...excellent.

First of all I played as a level 22 Control Wizard with a rank 10 Healer companion.
    The encounters were difficult, but not impossible. The quest can definitely be completed solo, but it just takes a lot of care and...inspiration.

Spoilers (don't read if you haven't played the map already)
    The zombie room was quite easy to dodge, once you figure out the patterns. I stood close to the right-hand wall and killed about 3-4 waves, while the rest of them didn't attack.
    The Neverdeath encounter next was also quite easy to dodge. I simply stuck to the wall and I was out of their range.
    A similar method I used for the final encounter in the crypts, just near the Bone Golem. Opening the large door was a bit tricky, but manageable.

/End of spoilers

The finale was also intense, but I got a little lost there until I figured out that I had to click the vortex first. Perhaps it was just my lack of attention.
    I liked the search for the second item (after the defeat of the cult leader), as it it not explained where it is. I just remembered that "not cleaned yet" room I was told not to go into. It was a nice touch, but I don't know what other players will think of it (different opinions and all that). I certainly like a bit of exploration and stuff you have to figure out for yourself.

The hidden traps were great. It gave a relatively harmless component of the game a surprising attack.
    The rooms are quite linear, in terms that there isn't a lot of side exploration to do, other than the main quest. Some extra rooms with readable/intractable objects would have done nicely, in my opinion. But I guess that that would have greatly increased the play time.
    I would have also liked a bit more conversations with the NPCs there. While I understand that it is a combat-oriented map, I always think that there's stuff like this that adds more flavor for everyone.

The scripted events (like the initial attack on the guards) were well made and they felt natural in the way they started and ended.
    I also expected some monsters to spawn on my way back from the Bone Golem.

All in all I enjoyed it as a story and as a combat quest. While there are things that can be tweaked, it is one of the quests that deserves a continuation (and its own campaign). Keep it up.

In my case, I have created the first quest in the campaign called Ignum.
    I am curious to see what's your opinion on the way the maps are designed and combat handeled.
    Ignum - Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld by @krtr
    Short Code: NW-DA4N8EOZD

~Cheers

Thank you so much for all your feedback!!
    Good point on the rooms being linear. I will add a few rooms for flavor and some more dialogue for the next version.

I used to have some more monsters in the zombie room guarding the sides, but some of my testers said that room was too much for a soloer so i moved them. I'm thinking of adding something interactable to the sarcophagus in the middle of the room so that if a player wants to get to it they'll have to fight their way through it.

I'll be reviewing some more quests for posters in this thread today, including yours of course :P
  • strainzedstrainzed Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    That was a neat dungeon. I really like the interactions you set up with objects. That will really help me figure out what all can be donw with the foundry. I left a review. If you would like to check out my dungeon, it's:
    Witches Brew
    #NW-DKWBQE64E
    @strainerzed
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll trade reviews too. My quest in in the link in my sig.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • vlayde9vlayde9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quest: Unnerving Portal
    Code: NW-DMTFHPK4D
    @vlayde9

First quest I've made, would like feedback. Going to review some of the quests mentioned in this thread.
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fair enough. I'll try your mission asap.

My mission:
    A small dwarvish grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    Author name: @cphonx
    Solo
    about 20 min.
    Story and combat. Some humor.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    Maddriver I played your quest and posted feedback in your thread. Really enjoyed your quest.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?224751-Ignum-Chapter-1-Path-to-the-Underworld
  • maddrivermaddriver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for your review, xivilyn. Looking forward to more of your maps/campaigns.
    Ignum Campaign NWS-DBBV2EY9G
    "The quest for the Book of Ignum"
    Chapter 1 Path to the Underworld NW-DA4N8EOZD
    "I have seen your future. I have seen your end"
  • iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I added your quest in to my "to do" list.
    Check my quest:
    Sacred Oath
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished the mission. A great mission but it became a bit unfocused at the end. I was wondering for awhile why I couldn't use the fire until I realized that monsters had spawned on the bridge and were just sitting there. Also the final quest for the phalact... err... the urn thingy was a bit random. Still, a good mission.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm happy to trade . This is my Campaign and Quest : The Fear That Freeze

In The Streams of Inferno : The Fear That Freeze by @voivodak
    Short Quest Code: NW-DNUSZYEEY
    Short Campaign Code : NWS-DPT8BX3XE
    Mission Type: Lore, Dialogue, Exploration, Hard-oriented Combat
    Average Duration: 30-45 min.
    Amount of Combat: Average
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just done with lv47 control wizard.
    Combat isn't too difficult. One or two tricky encounters but nothing unmanageable. Nicely challenging.

Comments
    * The skeletons on the south east corner of the outside map got stuck behind a tree.
    * The sword stand is sunken into the ground strangely.
    * Aw... kitty. And another kitty. Aw...
    * Go talk to the guy? Nope. I'll go the opposite way into the kobold infested crypt thanks. Good that you let people do this and everything still works in this different order.
    * Why did the sarcophagus vanish when I pulled the lever? Maybe I missed some text that said it crumbled into dust. I so ignore me. If not it seems a little strange.
    * One of the arrow traps if jutting half out of the wall, but I like that the floor is scattered with arrows as a warning.
    * The reward chest seems to be slightly floating off the ground.
    * Where you fight the necromancer the pillars at the bottom of the stairs don't quite line up with the bottom of the stairs.
    * Oh. For some reason I still have the great-sword that I put on top of the stand. Maybe remove that from inventory? Unless it's just a bug with me.
    * Go back and talk to the guy? Ha. No. I think i'll use this key. Once again, excellent that different order is allowed.
    * It's convenient that there's a secret path back from the 'item' but it could do with more explanation. Is there a tunnel? I couldn't see one.
    * The ending fight is great, plus the stuff you have to do with the other... 'item'. But after that it's find of abrupt. Shouldn't that red mist vanish? Maybe a conversation with the mages where they thank you (unless there was one and I just missed it). You could make it optional so people who just want the treasure can go straight there.

All in all, yeah. That was fun. Looking forward to more.

And, this is me...

@lostcharta
    The Linkwell Crypt
    NW-DIRYOWUKY
    Solo

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
  • adhreanadhrean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @xivilyn,

Thanks for the review and rating on Part 1 of my campaign, xiv. Appreciate it. =) I'm going to have a go at yours now =) cheers

ps. oh and if you have the time, I just published my part 2 today. some feedback would be nice =) code in my sig.
    7hkpesap3zswchmskoh.jpg
  • hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Will go review yours now - take a look at either of mine:

Goblin Uprising - NW-DMQRRFJYT

Or

Fellheart - NW-DBEZA3C47
    edited May 2013
    hflord1 wrote: »
    Will go review yours now - take a look at either of mine:

Goblin Uprising - NW-DMQRRFJYT

Or

Fellheart - NW-DBEZA3C47

Will check out yours right after, cheers!
    7hkpesap3zswchmskoh.jpg
  • hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Loved the feel and look of everything. The hallways were alittle bare but the rooms were amazingly done as were the monsters (loved the big zombie). The mob spawn and movements and use of sniper nodes was really really well done.

On a tomb stone I inspected it talks about a language inscribed on it that I don't understand. Says, "language transcribe" instead of "language transcribed". I found nothing else wrong.
    edited May 2013
    Fair enough. I'll try your mission asap.

My mission:
    A small dwarvish grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    Author name: @cphonx
    Solo
    about 20 min.
    Story and combat. Some humor.

I started your quest but got stuck. For some reason after I entered the portal after talking to the guard the quest disappeared from my log all together. I was still on the quest because I went to the Halls of Justice and talked to the merchant up there and he still is asking me to do stuff but there's no quest in my log so I can't follow where to go and he doesn't really say where to go...so I'm not sure what happened here
    edited May 2013
    lostcharta wrote: »
    Just done with lv47 control wizard.
    Combat isn't too difficult. One or two tricky encounters but nothing unmanageable. Nicely challenging.

Comments
    * The skeletons on the south east corner of the outside map got stuck behind a tree.
    * The sword stand is sunken into the ground strangely.
    * Aw... kitty. And another kitty. Aw...
    * Go talk to the guy? Nope. I'll go the opposite way into the kobold infested crypt thanks. Good that you let people do this and everything still works in this different order.
    * Why did the sarcophagus vanish when I pulled the lever? Maybe I missed some text that said it crumbled into dust. I so ignore me. If not it seems a little strange.
    * One of the arrow traps if jutting half out of the wall, but I like that the floor is scattered with arrows as a warning.
    * The reward chest seems to be slightly floating off the ground.
    * Where you fight the necromancer the pillars at the bottom of the stairs don't quite line up with the bottom of the stairs.
    * Oh. For some reason I still have the great-sword that I put on top of the stand. Maybe remove that from inventory? Unless it's just a bug with me.
    * Go back and talk to the guy? Ha. No. I think i'll use this key. Once again, excellent that different order is allowed.
    * It's convenient that there's a secret path back from the 'item' but it could do with more explanation. Is there a tunnel? I couldn't see one.
    * The ending fight is great, plus the stuff you have to do with the other... 'item'. But after that it's find of abrupt. Shouldn't that red mist vanish? Maybe a conversation with the mages where they thank you (unless there was one and I just missed it). You could make it optional so people who just want the treasure can go straight there.

All in all, yeah. That was fun. Looking forward to more.

And, this is me...

@lostcharta
    The Linkwell Crypt
    NW-DIRYOWUKY
    Solo

Thanks very much for the feedback. I am going to try your dungeon next!
    Alot of the issues you mentioned have been addressed in the most current version, as well as some other stuff added :)
  • zelrantzelrant Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll do your foundry later, kindly take a look at mine too! It's my first foundry so I really need some helpful feedback. Thanks in advance!

NW-DFJR2DOH6 = The Epic: Secrets of Shiganshina
  • sirhc2sirhc2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, was wondering if anyone could review my campaign. I modeled it after the D&D Red Box beginner campaign if anyone has played it. The first quest of the campaign is pretty much just a prologue to lead you into the second. So it is short and simple. The second quest of the campaign is much harder, and I recommend bringing a group and lots of pots.

Campaign -D&D Red Box Campaign: NWS-DCS2HQ27J
    Chapter I First Encounter: NW-DALZWIS9L
    Chapter II The Twisting Halls: NW-DHELEPLXV

Please be gentle. Constructive criticism is welcome. Flaming and trolling isn't. I will search for and review as many quests as i can.