test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is Not Okay - Threshold for reporting spammers!

lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am a giving person, after Epic Idris I went to Protectors Enclave to give away the epics that I didnt want. Give away means free. I posted two times "GIVING AWAY TO FIRST CW THAT NEEDS[Fatebender's Focus]!" There was 5 lines of text in between my posts. I was silenced for 24 hours. WTF, I cant type to anyone. Private, guild, party.. nothing!1R7uez2.jpg
Post edited by lazerglovez on

Comments

• timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    I am a giving person, after Epic Idris I went to Protectors Enclave to give away the epics that I didnt want. Give away means free. I posted two times "GIVING AWAY TO FIRST CW THAT NEEDS[Fatebender's Focus]!" There was 5 lines of text in between my posts. I was silenced for 24 hours. WTF, I cant type to anyone. Private, guild, party.. nothing!1R7uez2.jpg

Caps in trade chat. . .and you wonder why you got a ban. . .
  • gruxgrux Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Five lines of text at the rate Zone chat spams.....

What was that, half a second?
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    touchy community.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not spam, spam is line after line after line. I was giving away epics! Im pissed and I want it removed!
  • zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If everyone posted their messages every 5 lines, hoping that people will see it, /zone would be more of a mess than it already is. Just post your message once a minute, or maybe 30 seconds if chat is super active. Don't contribute to the already crazy problems. If people want to read what you have to say, they will take the time to scroll through chat and read it. If they see you say the same thing more than once in the matter of a few lines though, they will very quickly lose patience with you and ignore you, get enough ignores and you will be auto-silenced for a day. You reap what you sow.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you get ignored by 5 people, you get the 24 hour ban. System is working as intended. Don't spam chat in all caps FTW.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not spam, spam is line after line after line. I was giving away epics! Im pissed and I want it removed!

Spam isnt the only thing that can get you banned. Flaming, All Caps, and Spam are just some of the reasons behind bans. It seems to me you posted in all caps. It sucks it was only once and without a warning, but it cant be helped sometimes. Send a ticket and hope for the best.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get squelched like that when other players ignore you or report you as a spammer. It also accumulates over time, so this might have ticked off just one person - but that one person was enough to send you over the edge.

Also, you may have been ignored or reported because some people are bent out of shape about dungeon looting mechanics.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    If you get ignored by 5 people, you get the 24 hour ban. System is working as intended. Don't spam chat in all caps FTW.

I think the limit is higher than 5 right now (in NW).
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    If everyone posted their messages every 5 lines, hoping that people will see it, /zone would be more of a mess than it already is. Just post your message once a minute, or maybe 30 seconds if chat is super active. Don't contribute to the already crazy problems. If people want to read what you have to say, they will take the time to scroll through chat and read it. If they see you say the same thing more than once in the matter of a few lines though, they will very quickly lose patience with you and ignore you, get enough ignores and you will be auto-silenced for a day. You reap what you sow.

Really what you are saying is that if people want to be ***'s they can report you to just try and get you silenced...... there is no reap what you sow, the guy was just trying to be nice and give something away. I think if i was him i would learn my lesson and just put the stuff up on the auction and forget giving anythign away to anyone other then guildies or friends.
  • lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had already taken the single line approach, it stays in view for about 1 second. Everyone who responded did not need the item and wanted it only to sell. TWO lines is not enough for a 24 hour mute. END OF STORY. The problem is that the threshold for the amount of people it takes is far too low, it might be 2 right now??? So if two self righteous a$$holes flag me as a spammer then I cant talk for 24 hours!? Screw this
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG he said the same thing twice in a chat box in a video game. What ever will we do? In the few months this game has been around, has it already devolved into players tattle taling on eachother for two lines of text?

File under first world problems.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    OMG he said the same thing twice in a chat box in a video game. What ever will we do? In the few months this game has been around, has it already devolved into players tattle taling on eachother for two lines of text?

File under first world problems.

People get tired of all the nubs spamming stupid stuff in all caps. . .so they just hit the spam button on all of them that they see. . .

. . .the lesson here?

DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS :p
    edited May 2013
    Silenced for 40 minutes after submitting a ticket and still no word from a GM.. wtff

Well then maybe you bichy little preteens need to take a break from this gddm game. Just because I want to get rid of an item quickly doesnt mean I deserve a 24 hour ban from chat.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    People get tired of all the nubs spamming stupid stuff in all caps. . .so they just hit the spam button on all of them that they see. . .

. . .the lesson here?

DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS :p

I wonder what they would find if they chose to monitor those who abuse the spam report...

Coupla kids grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ing the chat channels in a video game perhaps. OMG caps, TWICE EVEN!!! we're all collectively offended!!! :p
    edited May 2013
    Well then maybe you bichy little preteens need to take a break from this gddm game.

Just a heads-up. If you talk like this in game, more people will ignore you, which will earn you another squelching.
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Just a heads-up. If you talk like this in game, more people will ignore you, which will earn you another squelching.

Just a heads up, im pissed off. So your white knighting is not going to help you get your point across.

Also I could care less if people ignore me, thats not what gets you muted. Its the report option.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ban sucks, it's happening a lot. I'd like to say it was very nice of you offering up epics for free though. Lots seem to miss that point. I wouldn't care if you did spam it in all caps, wth I guess post them for sale from now on at half what the others are listed for, still give someone a deal, don't get reported, and get a little more ad to your pile.
    edited May 2013
    Just a heads up, im pissed off. So your white knighting is not going to help you get your point across.

Also I could care less if people ignore me, thats not what gets you muted. Its the report option.

I'm trying to help you understand what's going on. You're the one who's all foul-mouthed and hostile.

Some people are clearly beyond help.

Enjoy your squelch. I'm sure it'll be the first of many.
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    I wonder what they would find if they chose to monitor those who abuse the spam report...

Coupla kids grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ing the chat channels in a video game perhaps. OMG caps, TWICE EVEN!!! we're all collectively offended!!! :p

missed the point entirely. . .
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    ban sucks, it's happening a lot. I'd like to say it was very nice of you offering up epics for free though. Lots seem to miss that point. I wouldn't care if you did spam it in all caps, wth I guess post them for sale from now on at half what the others are listed for, still give someone a deal, don't get reported, and get a little more ad to your pile.

Not really what it does it let someone come in and buy it cheap then turn around and resell for a profit but its a good sentiment.
    edited May 2013
    When I get back from epic dungeons I check the AH first, if the value is less than 5 or 10k AD I give it away. I guess the moral of the story is the community sucks so bad that they dont even allow epics to be given away to new players. I made 6 or 7 peoples day today, and one time a handful of people took it upon themselves to stop it from happening. STILL NO WORD FROM A GM. IM STILL WAITING GMS.
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    People probably ignored you because they figured you were a scammer.

No good deed goes unpunished and all that...
    edited May 2013
    when i get back from epic dungeons i check the ah first, if the value is less than 5 or 10k ad i give it away. I guess the moral of the story is the community sucks so bad that they dont even allow epics to be given away to new players. I made 6 or 7 peoples day today, and one time a handful of people took it upon themselves to stop it from happening. Still no word from a gm. Getting angrier.

stop. Using. All. Caps. In. The. Game. And. You. Might. Not. Annoy. The. People. That. Take. Offence. To. It.
    edited May 2013
    Why do you take offense to all caps. My handwriting is in all caps and it offends no one.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Bans and Infractions are not an allowed topic of discussion on the forums. Please contact Support through the official methods for contacting them privately to dispute bans and account infractions. You may do so either by the Support link up top every page in this site or by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com as we cannot offer Forum Support for Account & Billing Issues, which is what Bans fall under.
This discussion has been closed.