test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogues still visible in stealth

selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
If your targeted as a rogue, or target a rogue before they go to stealth, you can still see the red ring under their feet when they stealth. Neither will you loose the target

You can also cast spells, or use cc on them becouse of this, breaking them out of stealth.

This should get fixed, going into stealth should make you invisible and enemy should loose target.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• amorce762amorce762 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stealth in this game isn't like stealth in other games. It is never meant to make you fully invisible to other players, it is just meant to make it so you are much harder to see.
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also if someone starts casting a spell on you, and you stealth during the animation, it will still hit you.
  • burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    My 2 cents... stealth is pretty much a joke in NWO. Every other rogue type class I have played in every other MMO that had one has/had better stealth than the Trickster.
  • immortalhzhzimmortalhzhz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep but u can just aa all the time while stealth :D and it is awesome :P
  • darqiondarqion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues already rip everyone apart in pvp. now you want a 5 second cooldown invisibility pretty much meaning invulnerability? with the right build you can stay in stealth for ages. Hand over half your burst and it might be decent
  • pleepleus01pleepleus01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep but u can just aa all the time while stealth :D and it is awesome :P

Sorry, what is AA? - I could look in my spell list if the server was up.

Thanks.
    Atiqa@Pleepleus01
  • pleepleus01pleepleus01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darqion wrote: »
    Rogues already rip everyone apart in pvp. now you want a 5 second cooldown invisibility pretty much meaning invulnerability? with the right build you can stay in stealth for ages. Hand over half your burst and it might be decent

It's ok darq - when this game is released, we will get hit bad by the nerf bat, I'm sure of it. Everyone hates rogues lol.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013

no, you can still hit with aoe, its just that when you see ared ring moving around on the floor, its makes it very easy for everyone to cc you, and know exactly where you are. What is the meaning of stealth i the first place?

You should guess where the rogue is, not just hit wherever the red ring is.

If an enemy casts a skill, and you stealth, you will still get hit by the skill long after you have stealthed, and your stealth will break
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And what actually does staying in stealth for ages do for you? Other people die of boredome or some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Autoattacking while in stealth isn't feasible because it shows the hit animation even tho you are "invisible". People move away, gg.
    edited May 2013
    autoattacking in stealth in PvP is ****, enemies move
  • rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    If your targeted as a rogue, or target a rogue before they go to stealth, you can still see the red ring under their feet when they stealth. Neither will you loose the target

You can also cast spells, or use cc on them becouse of this, breaking them out of stealth.

This should get fixed, going into stealth should make you invisible and enemy should loose target.

you can be seen regardless of anything.... i can stealth from max range and walk up to some mobs and they attack...

http://youtu.be/Xup2FG3p3N4 proof
    edited May 2013
    Yea thats also quite stupid, it would be ok if they "sensed" you, but didnt attack.
    As it is now they sense you, and even though your far far away from the enemies when your loose stealth, theyll come running for you.

I havent seen that happen like in the vid but thats bs
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stealth only help you against mobs not against players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea thats also quite stupid, it would be ok if they "sensed" you, but didnt attack.
    As it is now they sense you, and even though your far far away from the enemies when your loose stealth, theyll come running for you.

I havent seen that happen like in the vid but thats bs
    it's quite common, and those mobs in karrundax are the absolute worst.. they spam and make it impossible to get any real dps out on the bosses..

btw sorry the audio sucks, i didn't feel like cleaning up after i sped up the trash fights
    EDIT:
    also... My spec is completely fubar atm, im str/cha split because i was testing stat benefits, but soloing cha does absolutely nothing. you dont get combat advantage in stealth if they notice you
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You should guess where the rogue is, not just hit wherever the red ring is.

Yup, but then allow other classes cast AOE on the floor where they think you are.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it also works in tr vs tr scenarios, if they stealth while you were throwing knives in their back you'll see those floating in midair.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL

It is *STEALTH*, not "invisibility".
    'nuff said.
    edited May 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    it also works in tr vs tr scenarios, if they stealth while you were throwing knives in their back you'll see those floating in midair.

yea if you have a tr throwing knives at you holding the mousebutton, then you go into stealth, aslong as they hold the button, they can still keep on throwing knives at you in stealth
  • millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's ok darq - when this game is released, we will get hit bad by the nerf bat, I'm sure of it. Everyone hates rogues lol.

yup i played rogue from beginning in wow and same thing happened .. just because we live off burst damage people don;t like rogues..

i stopped playing wow when the devs made it so you could only make your rogue good in one build.. not overpowering, not top of the dps just average rogues..

i do hope this game gives me something diffrent i used to enjoy rogue types in all games but these days..rogues get no love only bats ..alot of nerf bats
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • vylent2vylent2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, the stealth is all kinds of jacked up in this game. The devs had it easy... an entire list of game mechanics already waiting to be used. They fell into that trap thinking everything has to be changed and they need to be creative.

Stealth needs to make spells inflight fizzle out and make you untargetable. The only thing that should hit you are AoE.
  • phizmeisterphizmeister Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    True that ^
    Look at stealth in WoW. You are permanently invisible, but it still works. Thats why its called a Rogue, so you can stealth how much time you want unless, you attack, being attacked, or you got hit by an AoE.
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    True that ^
    Look at stealth in WoW. You are permanently invisible, but it still works. Thats why its called a Rogue, so you can stealth how much time you want unless, you attack, being attacked, or you got hit by an AoE.

And then you people would ***** about it being a wow clone.
  • shutemd0wnshutemd0wn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stealth is fine imo.

PVP 4 set bonus plus impossible to catch = gg
  • electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    i use stealth mostly because of sure crit for lashing blade.
  • willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Its stealth, not invisibility.