test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Needs a LFG chat channel badly

urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
for pvp premades or dungeons. no one wants to read lfg/lfm spam in zone chat
Post edited by urdefmad on

Comments

• arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My name is Aron Times, and I approve this message. There is way too much spam in zone chat that it's hard to socialize or help newbies who are lost.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »

Hi I created the channel "dungeons&skirmish" to this function, ask for dungeons and skirmish games, is free without password entry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loliamos wrote: »
    Hi I created the channel "dungeons&skirmish" to this function, ask for dungeons and skirmish games, is free without password entry.

I'll add your channel to my list of ones if you wish. As far as an LFG channel goes, I've only tackled one for discussing Epic level content/dungeons right now. I'm trying to stick primarily to information-oriented channels since I'm owner of 8 custom channels thus far.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013

I'm sorry I'm trying not to be cruel but does anyone else find this hilarious? I've been in multiple mmo's where they had no LFG system and people have complained in all those instances that they need a LFG ui system, this game is one of the only few who actually is in beta with one right there and someone's asking for a LFG channel to post requests in?

Make one. This chat system is just like STO's you can make a public channel for this purpose.

Edit: ahh see someone already has. the irony is still funny tho.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What we need is a decent grouping system kind of like what DDO has, I imagine if a game from 2006 can do this the devs here should be able to as well :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    What we need is a decent grouping system kind of like what DDO has, I imagine if a game from 2006 can do this the devs here should be able to as well :)
    Hit the O key on your keyboard.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hit the O key on your keyboard.

The 'O' key has find groups, lfg and find guild options as well as alot more social aspects than you know. Most people dont explore the options set before them in a game before they complain. They just log on, automatically think they know everything about a game and expect every game to work like previous games they have played.
  • loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you, I come from the STO and have always known eliteSTF channel, where you could find a group to make a party setting, LFG .... So I created this channel "dungeons&skirmish", hoping to make a channel arranged to create games, dungeons and skirmish, similar to the STF in STO Game

just have to wait for the channel to be filled as he did eliteSTF and hope they believe good partys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Made aThread about some of the pugs issues here.