test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Open Beta is now live. Log in and play now!

Comments

• Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And down again, lol.

On Neverwinter twitter, they're saying they're looking into this to see if it's the same problem they experience just earlier. What's the old saying, fool me once...

Would be nice if the netops/devs could learn from their mistakes the first time. Oh well, it is beta after all.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just hope it saved my work in the Foundry. That would royally suck if it didn't.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    moosinatrixmoosinatrix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank Cipher
  • Options
    belgarion44belgarion44 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jasbins wrote: »
    That's called stress test
    welcome to beta test...

I understand Beta testing and stress testing the servers all too well but shouldn't the testing be able to handle 5 or 10 thousand players at once?. I dont think it's just the servers having issues (game servers) I think the entire system is having issues. even the forums are being challenged.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I understand Beta testing and stress testing the servers all too well but shouldn't the testing be able to handle 5 or 10 thousand players at once?. I dont think it's just the servers having issues (game servers) I think the entire system is having issues. even the forums are being challenged.

Everything is just a guess now from our end, so don't feed rumors and speculation. In fact on twitter they specifically said right now "We're looking into our network right now. It's not the game servers." So the capacity isn't the issue.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope it comes back up soon , i would like to play tonight one of the rare weekends i get off work :P
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Everything is just a guess now from our end, so don't feed rumors and speculation. In fact on twitter they specifically said right now "We're looking into our network right now. It's not the game servers." So the capacity isn't the issue.

Hey Cipher,

Not trying to feed rumor only stating what i'm seeing here. I dont use twitter so am not aware of the feeds from it.

Thanks for the info and will stay tuned to the updates.
  • Options
    wragg0wragg0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Everyone,

From the official Neverwinter Twitter Feed (@Neverwintergame):

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame now

UPDATE: We need to perform emergency network maintenance. ETA downtime: 1 hour. Stay here and we'll update you with new details. That was about 10 mins ago.

Their twitter site is an excellent place for info in times like these!
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    millacano wrote: »
    i hope it comes back up soon , i would like to play tonight one of the rare weekends i get off work :P

That's what I'm saying. We couldn't even play last night.

Loving the game so far though. Except the chat system it needs to be easier to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    gregordarkthanegregordarkthane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok seriously...I don't mind that the game is down at the moment. But wouldn't it be just special if I had a clue why and what was going on? Isn't that what a forum is for?
  • Options
    offoda1offoda1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    ok seriously...I don't mind that the game is down at the moment. But wouldn't it be just special if I had a clue why and what was going on? Isn't that what a forum is for?

2nd it.. Come on Cryptic. you get cudo's for fixing things in good speed, but a single link to a Tech post showing server status and/or current issues is a no brainer. i appreciate the effort and that you're maintaining this as a free game, but this aspect is a *miserable* fail.
  • Options
    montinessmontiness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you'd adore diablo 3 then...
  • Options
    taburton0816taburton0816 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Their twitter feed has been pretty consistent with updates for this outage. Check @NeverwinterGames
  • Options
    montinessmontiness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    offoda1 wrote: »
    2nd it.. Come on Cryptic. you get cudo's for fixing things in good speed, but a single link to a Tech post showing server status and/or current issues is a no brainer. i appreciate the effort and that you're maintaining this as a free game, but this aspect is a *miserable* fail.
    Have you seen how many folks are running around on spiders? A true free to play game at least has a chance to drop all items required for full game experience IN GAME, with ways to earn real money game currency stuff in game as well, with exclusive items like some cosmetics being the only thing that has to be bought from a store... this is free to play like so many browser games are free to play... advance to point x then get no further till you pump hundreds of follars into it...
    Yes, I'm a founder. Yes, I'm frustrated I'm locked out of so many wonderful items until I pay another $200 dollars.
  • Options
    mctequilamctequila Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all! I have a big problem. I download the game, but I can't login. Please help me.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    tetsuosgtetsuosg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anybody with a remote tool such as "Teamviewer", shut it down. It is the cause of my launcher crash. :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    game server just went down anyone have any idea on eta?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    game server just went down anyone have any idea on eta?

Prefer an idea why... guessing server stability considering there was no in game messages, might be a quick fix, might be a 2 hour drag with no idea
  • Options
    petyo84petyo84 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher says downtime will be on May 13th, but I think they messed up the date.
  • Options
    kohitsujikohitsuji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so will the server be on any soon ? :s
  • Options
    tuomas92tuomas92 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    petyo84 wrote: »
    Launcher says downtime will be on May 13th, but I think they messed up the date.

might be true, but if they messed up the date why weren't there any in-game messages.. usually they start notyfying an hour before the maintenance
  • Options
    jlibra88jlibra88 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    well... this answer my question why server unavailable.. but this still open beta so.. its normal i think...

back to LOL =) while waiting ~_~
  • Options
    fozzies1fozzies1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    according to their twitter feed, the game will be working in approx 1 hour from now
  • Options
    forsairforsair Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek is also down with the same maintenance message. My guess is they got the date wrong, and took all of them down for the maintenance now.
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They found a game-breaking exploit. Devs probably fixing and kicking the offenders.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    adrianoasouzaadrianoasouza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok lets play LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    omhols wrote: »
    They found a game-breaking exploit. Devs probably fixing and kicking the offenders.

Is that even close to true? Gawd I pray that a dev company actually do things about eula breaches again... been far too many years since they put their foot(s) down.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    montiness wrote: »
    Have you seen how many folks are running around on spiders? A true free to play game at least has a chance to drop all items required for full game experience IN GAME, with ways to earn real money game currency stuff in game as well, with exclusive items like some cosmetics being the only thing that has to be bought from a store... this is free to play like so many browser games are free to play... advance to point x then get no further till you pump hundreds of follars into it...
    Yes, I'm a founder. Yes, I'm frustrated I'm locked out of so many wonderful items until I pay another $200 dollars.

read and be amazed: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1dry0g/neverwinters_f2p_model_what_you_need_to_know/
  • Options
    thibishopthibishop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jedor101 wrote: »
    same as Vinnwii

Mine keeps crashing with this message: "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long."
  • Options
    acimasiz2acimasiz2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey.. guys any1 knows when Neverwinter full release open i cant see anywhere... and this beta chars DELETE on full release ? can any1 tell me pls..
This discussion has been closed.