Install Arc

Kripp's opinion on Neverwinter

Comments

• pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    He's another cash grab.
  • duskyn00dlesduskyn00dles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A good idea to bring Kripp into this thread, demetrius94.
    - Unfortunately, bad executed. With some background history, most people that doesn't quite know him, would react better I believe.
  • vorkreist1vorkreist1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You cannot argue or communicate with the cash grab defenders. Logic evades them completely.
    And as far as I see most of them cannot grasp the concepts of being competitive in end game, how mandatory it is to pay hundreds of dollars and how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is.
    I sense this pattern in all of them : semi to none experience with non cash grab mmos and with too much money to spend.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a Chinese free to play, standard practices.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    Reviews are for people thinking about playing the game. Not for people already playing the game. I think most that view this thread have already solidified their own opinion about the game.

Not only this...but why do people seem to be incapable of forming their own opinions on something?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vorkreist1 wrote: »
    You cannot argue or communicate with the cash grab defenders. Logic evades them completely.
    And as far as I see most of them cannot grasp the concepts of being competitive in end game, how mandatory it is to pay hundreds of dollars and how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is.

You don't need hundreds of dollars, and actually, you don't even need one dollar. Again, how many of the people who already beat the hardest content in the game even had rank 6 enchants? Go ahead and explain what content you need to the best enchants for. (Never mind that you can buy a ward for a 100% chance for less than 100k AD in the AH.)

You can continue with the personal attacks and avoid offering any actual arguments, but it's a little boring. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Don't tell me it takes you long to make 100k AD. Even if you never sold anything in the AH, never got any tips for foundry quests, that is only 4 days worth of dailies. In reality, it's a couple hours PvP with a premade.

I've been playing since first day of open release beta, and the total amount I've "earned" is 11k. My second character would have roughly 15k, but I spent 6k to respec "feats". Dont' tell me it takes nothing to earn zen. It's a frelling GRIND. And I hate grinding.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good old Kripps heh ?

Top of the MMO food chain at level 60 with no time constraints,a horde sheeple following him and still couldn't figure out how to use in game chat/PM functions/hotkeys. lol

Poor Krippy babe,his fanbase has let him down.

Was especially amused at the Kripsta giving game mechanics advice while watching him in a dungeon party as a CW ignoring the adds and continueing to DD the boss.Wonder why the party kept wiping ? =P

At any rate he is good for boosting player numbers in game,just a pity about the quality of community his sheeple produce,glad I'm on beholder.
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Not only this...but why do people seem to be incapable of forming their own opinions on something?

Well traditionally it is because it costs money to do so, with Neverwinter it costs time. It is just generally wise to do before you invest anything. Obviously if you are looking for a short burst of entertainment and are not concerned with its long term viability, then it makes sense to jump straight into a new F2P MMO. I usually do just that but I don't play extensively before knowing what awaits me.

And no, I don't think everyone has formed an opinion, or at least not an educated opinion. The end game enchant system shows itself at end game, so if you don't frequent the forums you could easily be oblivious to it.
  • highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    Can't you just get this Coalescent Ward from this bag you get free each week if you pray every day and get 7 Coalescent coins?
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    he basically says he loves the game, but that it is pay to win and you should be aware of that up front. He also eludes to other issues like agro system, and shield of the cleric being insanely good.

Edit: basically its like playing an old final fantasy game, putting a code in to get max level, and gear at start of the game. only in this case the cheat is cash.

Is that better or worse than Kripp&COs exploit early and exploit often stance ? lol

Known exploiter is known exploiter and what he does,so do his minions.Payers don't care what he thinks and rightly so.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing since first day of open release beta, and the total amount I've "earned" is 11k. My second character would have roughly 15k, but I spent 6k to respec "feats". Dont' tell me it takes nothing to earn zen. It's a frelling GRIND. And I hate grinding.

Well, that is why you can buy stuff directly, too, if you don't want to put in the time.

I made about 2M through AH sales, and I didn't really try hard to. There's people around who made 20-30M in two weeks just by selling stuff that they got from playing, running dungeons or doing PvP. I just can't be bothered to run dungeons several hours a day and rather level up some alts.

I don't really farm ADs either. I haven't used the 2.6M that came with the founder packs, or the 15M that I bought when they were at 500:1 during the headstart. I'll exchange them back to Zen in a few months and probably triple the investment. What I bought with AD was the cat for 1M, but that was AD I made by playing the game. One could argue that I got the T3 mount through the founder pack, but then again, I see the nightmare (T3) selling for 1M, with prices further going down, so I could buy one with the other million ADs I made in the game.

None of my alts have extra bags, either. The only thing I would need to spend money or ADs on are the wards, but ADs do come in easy enough and if people sell wards now for 100k AD, they will only cost less AD as time goes by (AD become more valuable every passing day at the moment).
    edited May 2013
    Well, that is why you can buy stuff directly, too, if you don't want to put in the time.

I made about 2M through AH sales, and I didn't really try hard to. There's people around who made 20-30M in two weeks just by selling stuff that they got from playing, running dungeons or doing PvP. I just can't be bothered to run dungeons several hours a day and rather level up some alts.

I don't really farm ADs either. I haven't used the 2.6M that came with the founder packs, or the 15M that I bought when they were at 500:1 during the headstart. I'll exchange them back to Zen in a few months and probably triple the investment. What I bought with AD was the cat for 1M, but that was AD I made by playing the game. One could argue that I got the T3 mount through the founder pack, but then again, I see the nightmare (T3) selling for 1M, with prices further going down, so I could buy one with the other million ADs I made in the game.

None of my alts have extra bags, either. The only thing I would need to spend money or ADs on are the wards, but ADs do come in easy enough and if people sell wards now for 100k AD, they will only cost less AD as time goes by (AD become more valuable every passing day at the moment).

Nice post mate ! =)
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kripparian is probably the dullest most uninspiring nolifer of all the casters.

Hes a really good good gamer, granted, but why the kids sit and watch him for hours puzzles me.

Just shows ppl eat anything raw these days.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you can buy the wards in the AH with Astral Diamonds. (Look, I can use larger font and colors too.) Less than 100k AD for the $10 one (as of right now). Epic T2 gear costs more than that.

Why people sell them for 100k AD is beyond me, though. They do cost 1000 Zen in the store, and with current exchange rates $10 is 370k AD. But there it is, 100k AD and partly less for a 100% chance to fuse. Don't tell me it takes you long to make 100k AD. Even if you never sold anything in the AH, never got any tips for foundry quests, that is only 4 days worth of dailies. In reality, it's a couple hours PvP with a premade.

You can exchange AD for Zen, so even if there were something that is not tradable between players (like name changes), you can still earn those by playing.

There is a wiki where you can learn the basics of the game. Link is in my signature.

100k AD?

So I went and had a look and sure enough, someone has them up for as little as 1000 ad etc, this is... either pure ignorance or is part of something shady, if they're worth 10 bucks and being sold for as little as 1700 ad... this is odd...

Then again, these are pretty fresh items with the earliest having 3 and a half days left on them, and don't have a buyout. and with all auctions you've got people who simply want to snipe the item at the last second as opposed to driving the price up, we'd have to look at an auction of one of these that's about to expire to ACTUALLY see how far it will go price wise towards the equivalent of ZEN. That's assuming that the actual OWNERS of the items don't interfere with the bidding... not sure how they protect against this or if they do at all in this game... so it's not so clear cut and dry as it seems.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've just hit lvl 60 yesterday and I've been doing PvP.

Stopped reading, stopped caring. If your doing PvP, then your in the wrong place to judge a D&D game.

Gods I hate stupid people.
  • masostongemasostonge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    Stopped reading, stopped caring. If your doing PvP, then your in the wrong place to judge a D&D game.

Gods I hate stupid people.

let's begin with you because it's evident you support pay to win bull**** and Backspace for reply

have a good sir
  • joormodejoormode Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tip: You can get the orbs that makes ur enchant 100% from the Ctrl-i buff on 7 stacks.

The Vault of Piety is where you can spend the Celestial Coins and Ardent Coins earned through Invocation. It can be opened by going to the riches tab in the inventory and pressing "spend" next to the Ardent or Celestial Coins, or by clicking on the smaller circle of the Invocation counter.
    edited May 2013
    joormode wrote: »
    Tip: You can get the orbs that makes ur enchant 100% from the Ctrl-i buff on 7 stacks.

Ah, so THAT is where the cheap ones come from!

Well, so then there is way to get them without even paying ADs for an investment of logging in once a day. This also ensures that they will remain cheap.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    masostonge wrote: »
    let's begin with you because it's evident you support pay to win bull**** and Backspace for reply

have a good sir

Lets begin with the fact that I dont do PvP in a D&D game. PvP, similar to Diablo, Doesnt belong in this kind of game. Never has there been Player versus Player in a D&D game until it went into the MMO market, and everyone expects there to be a PvP aspect in EVERY mmo out there. You dont go play D&D to roll dice and beat up your adventuring party, you do it to beat up the monsters and such the DM sends your way.

I pity you.
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ah, so THAT is where the cheap ones come from!

Well, so then there is way to get them without even paying ADs for an investment of logging in once a day. This also ensures that they will remain cheap.

Yeah but it's only a small chance and takes a week for one try. The reason people are selling them for that low is because they don't know any better, that will pass in time. Is it a buyout price? If it is it might not be a bad idea to start buying them.
    edited May 2013
    On Dragon, the buyouts are around or just shy off 100k. Bids are much lower.

But there is other stuff I don't get. Like the profession booster packs that cost 1600 Zen in the store (not the blessed ones from the coins). They are offered at 150k AD each. That is 400 Zen at the current exchange rate, so 25% of the actual price. Is there another source for those? (Not the blessed ones, those are the real ones sold in the store too.)
  • masostongemasostonge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    Lets begin with the fact that I dont do PvP in a D&D game. PvP, similar to Diablo, Doesnt belong in this kind of game. Never has there been Player versus Player in a D&D game until it went into the MMO market, and everyone expects there to be a PvP aspect in EVERY mmo out there. You dont go play D&D to roll dice and beat up your adventuring party, you do it to beat up the monsters and such the DM sends your way.

I pity you.

hahaha , a perfect example of brain damage . You seem to not understand people that spend real money has big advantage over other players . That is one of the main issue Kripp video talk about .

It,s the same **** as a child that pay his teacher to get a+ grade

One of the best exemple is the end game Enchant you pay has 100 % success while the the in game has 1 %
    or all the end game gear you can easily get with real cash while normal player has to grind like crazy .

If the game still go that way , many people will stop playing soon . It is still a beta, many things can change but this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has to go out.

Ps : if your purpose is to flame this thread with no sens argument , i will not feed you anymore .
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kripp has a valid point and the dude knows what he is talking about when it comes to games.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and they all stink!
  • wolfel1wolfel1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    I think most that view this thread have already solidified their own opinion about the game.

I've played to level 18 and my opinion about it hasn't solidified yet. I'm still weighing whether or not I want to invest money or any more time in it.
  • malrocks1malrocks1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you can buy the wards in the AH with Astral Diamonds. (Look, I can use larger font and colors too.) Less than 100k AD for the $10 one (as of right now). Epic T2 gear costs more than that.

Why people sell them for 100k AD is beyond me, though. They do cost 1000 Zen in the store, and with current exchange rates $10 is 370k AD. But there it is, 100k AD and partly less for a 100% chance to fuse. Don't tell me it takes you long to make 100k AD. Even if you never sold anything in the AH, never got any tips for foundry quests, that is only 4 days worth of dailies. In reality, it's a couple hours PvP with a premade.

You can exchange AD for Zen, so even if there were something that is not tradable between players (like name changes), you can still earn those by playing.

There is a wiki where you can learn the basics of the game. Link is in my signature.

I have 50,000 AD as a completely free player, doing dailies for a few days (not even Lv 60 ones, of course), some AH selling, and some spending of AD on top of that.

This is good news to me, lol.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What is a Kripp ?
    edited May 2013

1)I've only actively played the past few days and from dailies + light selling on AH, I have over 25,000 AD sitting in my inventory. I would have 50,000 AD if I played more actively.

2)Honestly, the game is designed so that respeccing only costs 1-2 days of dailies/playing once you're deep into endgame, but while you're leveling, it's considered a 'luxury' to respec by Cryptic, given that it's more like you have a 'toolset' that you fill up and fill slots with. Don't like *insert attack*? Replace it with *insert attack*.
    However, that's only with Powers. I agree with Feats, that it's rather expensive for something that probably shouldn't be.

3)Welcome to MMOs? Subscription MMOs force you into the grind to get to top (ok, its a more even playing ground in exchange). B2P MMOs have the grind, but it's not necessarily required to enjoy all content (and there may be fasttracking advantages in a store). F2P MMOs mostly have a bigger grind than the former two, but a cash shop to bypass much of that if you so wish.

All a F2P system like this does is:
    a)eliminate gameplay/grind fairness for endgame PvE (as in, you can't just grind and be at top faster, you can spend money)
    b)weaken PvP integrity (however, it's not like this game was going to have much of that to begin with)

Levelers, RPers, and casual endgamers (who are willing to spend 1-3 or so months to get to a good spot in endgame) will enjoy this game and enjoy that there's cash shop players around to make things easier over all (in a good guild).

Competitive PvE and PvP players will either have to bear it, or leave to a Subscription game or a fair B2P game.

Just how these PWI games work :S They break the 4th wall barrier much more than other MMOs, and it becomes more about:
    -A little time = A bit of reward (ok)
    -A lot of time = A lot of reward (ok)
    -A little money = A lot of reward (... well, they want your money someone)
    -A lot of money = A TON of reward (...now in P2W feeling territory)
    -A little money and and little time = Largely fair ($15/month is what you'd pay for a sub anyway)
    -A little money and a lot of time = You can compete
    -A lot of money and a little time (...again now in P2W feeling territory)
    -A lot of money and a lot of time (WELL THAT GUY JUST FINISHED EVERYTHING IN THE GAME WITHIN A COUPLE WEEKS JEEZ)

The system itself works for a lot of people (which is why F2P is so popular, ultimately), but forget about endgame balancing, and if you want to play largely 'free', find an understanding guild for PvE, and consider paying a $15/month sub at minimum when playing PvP imo.
    edited May 2013
    Ok, ugh, my last two posts contradicted myself.

I HAD 50,000AD, but spent some, and I'm back to the 20,000AD.

Just letting this out before someone bites my head off, lol.

And this is as a Lv 32 character and only doing every dungeon/skirmish 1-2 times, and every quest once. Occasionally doing those zone event things. I'm now in that demon attack zone.