test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Castle Never Beaten

Comments

• endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    By fairly balanced, you mean just rogues and clerics right? Cause honestly, those two classes seem to be the only essential class in this game. They make things quicker and easier. GF, GWF and CW are like second class to these two.

You've obviously never played with a good Wizard.
  • eksieksi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gg to us :) Btw we looted a dagger who is part of a set (2 daggers).
  • manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    By fairly balanced, you mean just rogues and clerics right? Cause honestly, those two classes seem to be the only essential class in this game. They make things quicker and easier. GF, GWF and CW are like second class to these two.

We actually had 0 rogues with us. The common misconceptions of an early game are to think only one or two classes are the only viable ones. You have to playtest. Its a new game. Try different strategies, dont just stagnate the game with thoughts of class superior. Make the classes, comp and strategy work together. There is more than one option to everything.
  • manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    eksi wrote: »
    Gg to us :) Btw we looted a dagger who is part of a set (2 daggers).

Yes it was a dagger that has another dagger in its set. Very exciting stuff! Great Job Eksi! We did great!
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Grats! :)

It is a shame that 2-3 clerics with the stacking shield trivialize the content a little, but still a good job!

they dont trivialize it. they make it doable. quite a difference.
  • megamanx7megamanx7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc54 wrote: »
    Its easy, i am not trolling at all when i say you take 3 clerics.. and its more then possible. 3 clerics and some geared dps makes it 50% easier. NO tank ofc, gf are a joke.

I think most peoples problem is they are trying to run with GF, when they are absolute waste of space.

sadly i keep hearing more and more of this is the problem with gf that he cant hold argo?
  • bonebreakerxxbonebreakerxx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    manduchess wrote: »
    We actually had 0 rogues with us. The common misconceptions of an early game are to think only one or two classes are the only viable ones. You have to playtest. Its a new game. Try different strategies, dont just stagnate the game with thoughts of class superior. Make the classes, comp and strategy work together. There is more than one option to everything.

yea and the great thing about this game is that it costs zen to be able to play-test different builds...
  • bonebreakerxxbonebreakerxx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    megamanx7 wrote: »
    sadly i keep hearing more and more of this is the problem with gf that he cant hold argo?

thats my experience... was doing the storm the keep skirmish with a lvl 28 GF and i was lvl 26 CW and i knew that GF had trouble holding aggro so on the final boss i only uses MM for the first 1/4 of the bosses health before i startet nukeing... and before he hit 50% health i had aggro...
    edited May 2013
    http://www.twitch.tv/maloin/b/401954174 Link to video of our downing the Dracolich
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thats my experience... was doing the storm the keep skirmish with a lvl 28 GF and i was lvl 26 CW and i knew that GF had trouble holding aggro so on the final boss i only uses MM for the first 1/4 of the bosses health before i startet nukeing... and before he hit 50% health i had aggro...

One incredibly strange part of the GF class is how high level you have to be to hold decent agro or do decent damage. Actually trying to tank at low level is a waste of time.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • darthdisneydarthdisney Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol you guys didn't beat ****. You died like 1 thousand times during the fight and the only reason you downed it in the end is because you spend like $100 of RL money on rez scrolls on ONE boss.

Good job on convincing me though that it's time to uninstall this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • aelvez0120aelvez0120 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    lol you guys didn't beat ****. You died like 1 thousand times during the fight and the only reason you downed it in the end is because you spend like $100 of RL money on rez scrolls on ONE boss.

Good job on convincing me though that it's time to uninstall this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    working as intended.
  • sayassayas Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you beat him using the Real life money unlimited lives tool?

Congrats I guess. Just shows how broken the end game currently is. :( Cleric is the only class required. 2-3 at that.
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Full loot pvp = 30 naked dudes attacking single players with gear on and then the person who loots logs off until its safe to log on and transfer the loot.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    http://www.twitch.tv/maloin/b/401954174 Link to video of our downing the Dracolich

This certainly has to be a joke/parody of how pay-to-win this game is. You stand in the red circles (even dodge right into them) and die nonstop and then just spam your PtW resurrect scrolls. Pretty funny if it is, otherwise if this is a serious 'brag video', then i'm obligated to say, 'bro, learn to play'.
    edited May 2013
    <CLIFF> Will be livestreaming Epic Castle Never on Sunday (5/12/13). If you want to watch then! We would love to see you then! The Duke will keep you posted as for time of day.
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean tonight?
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Grats! :)

It is a shame that 2-3 clerics with the stacking shield trivialize the content a little, but still a good job!

No.

It's a shame that the devs know it and instead keep introducing mounts and companions instead of fixing these blatant imbalances.
    That's a fact!
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The only thing I got out of this, was a giggle, at your 200$ spent. ^__________^
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • hocofaisanhocofaisan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am sure the epic castle will be beaten if you form the right team and strategy.

You guys just need to keep trying.

:)
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the people whom say they have beaten it. Then you can answer this question. What does the Dracolich start doing at 40% health? And what happens during the cut scene?

(Not trying to be rude. Just trying to see if kids are trolling.)

He spawns even more adds.

/trololol
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    congratz guys

Atlantix<CLIFF>
  • adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Any kill which includes anyone using a res scroll (even if bought with AD via AH) is not a legit kill. I would argue the same applies to anyone who uses the health stone heal as well.

Play the game, beat content as it is intended. You are only cheating yourselves out of money and content by paying to beat it.
  • aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, that was a deathfest certainly agree not legit kill they were just relying on res scrolls to save their butts. Terrible game design, that's the very definition of pay-to-"WIN" right there.
  • mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    He spawns even more adds.

/trololol

Wouldn't be surprised! LOL

Anyhow, congrats on the deed. Though I'm looking forward to see a party who doesn't burn through scrolls to do it.
  • dietaryfiber111dietaryfiber111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A strange game. The only winning move is not to pay.
    edited May 2013
    haters gonna hate. They always will. Tomorrow.(Sunday 5/12/13) WE will be streaming this fight with NO SCROLLS OR GREATER HEALTH STONES. Please watch if you would like! Thanks to the support from all! The Duke loves his community on Mindflayer and Neverwinter! See you guvnahs tomorrow on <CLIFF>s stream!
  • xienesthisxienesthis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haters gonna hate. They always will. Tomorrow.(Sunday 5/12/13) WE will be streaming this fight with NO SCROLLS OR GREATER HEALTH STONES. Please watch if you would like! Thanks to the support from all! The Duke loves his community on Mindflayer and Neverwinter! See you guvnahs tomorrow on <CLIFF>s stream!

Well if it's anything like the video i saw I cant see you guys killing it without your cheat scrolls. will be so lol too watch
  • shiga333shiga333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it wasn't too hard.. that instance. so w/e feel proud if u must o.o done it long ago
  • aselia669aselia669 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No one hates you, it's just... you were using too many scrolls and people were expecting good skillz. Basically for me you guys didn't beat it, money did.