test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[C] Taking down Khelgar Hammerhead

forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
Hello everyone.

I just want to show you very short and simple quest, which is first act in campaign. I ask for feedback mainly about difficulty of encounters (I would be happy to know what higher levels thinks about it, because I tested it with friend for many 5-20 lvl characters), maps and story. Especially story, because I'm not good with english (unfortunately it's not my native language), and there are for sure some grammatical errors.
Taking down Khelgar Hammerhead (NWS-DKVDSY4ZJ) @forien69
  • Khelgar's Treasure Cave (NW-DGYDZ7EAL - ~10 minutes fast and simple quest)
  • Khelgar's Hideout (NW-DTULANXJC - ~20 minutes)
  • Khelgar's Fort Mainz (for now only mentioned in Khelgar's Hideout)
Campaign lore introduction:
"One of the most famous and ferocious orc bandits in this part of faerun - Khelgar Hammerhead of the tribe "the Hammers" - has acquired a big wealth.

Are you enough power to take down this thug and gain all his treasures?"

Campaign description:
This campaign revolves around mysterious Khelgar Hammerhead. Who is he, why is he so dangerous? How did he gather so much wealth to get attention of powerful Merchant's Guild?
All this is for player to discover. In these three acts, you will know more and more about Khelgar, Guild and how they do thing in faerun.
I try to design this campaign for solo players, but there is possibility that last quest will require at least 2 players.

Khelgar's Treasure Cave (NW-DGYDZ7EAL)
Tags: #combat #balanced #hard #solo
Time: ~10 minutes
Eligible for daily: no
Recommended party: solo
Tested for: 5-20 lvl all classes
Quest Lore Introduction:

"There are rumors. People are whispering about a cave, filled with treasures, collected by some long forgotten dragon. Other says it was cold-hearted drow or simple-minded dwarf.
Despite the truth, cave does really exist.
But it's now under control of “the Hammers” orc’s tribe leader – mighty Khelgar Hammerhead."

Quest description:
Simple, very fast quest with some funny dialogs I made mainly to learn Foundry mechanics. It's like pilot episode or something. There is introduction of Khelgar and rumors about how powerful he is. There is introduction of Merchant's Guild that somehow looks more powerful and shady than should (who in the world hire a spy wearing pink armor?).
But... are you sure Khelgar won't be mad if you take him 3 full chests of riches?

Patch Notes:
Ver 1.6 - Added sounds
Ver 1.51 - tweaks:
  • Customized names of merchants
  • More details on each maps.
  • More types of encounters, reskinned to orcs/goblins.
Ver 1.5 - 1 fix (Elite guards weren't attacking)
Ver 1.0 - Release

Khelgar's Hideout (NW-DTULANXJC)
Tags: #combat #story #balanced #hard
Time: ~20 minutes
Eligible for daily: Yes (after it gets 20 plays)
Recommended party: solo
Tested for: 24 lvl TR
Quest Lore Introduction:
"After clearing his treasure's cave, Khelgar went crazy. The loss of his wealth was like a bolt from the blue.

He decided to storage all his left riches in two places. One part, in his hideout beneath Neverwinter. Merchant's Guild now wants to claim these resources and put another grave wound to his pride and power. They can kill two birds with one stone, because most of his troops (and also, paid mercenaries) resides there.

If you feel strong enough, go to Guild's contact and apply for the job."

Quest description:
WHile Merchant's Guild is getting prepared to fight Khelgar in his base, they send you to weaken his forces. You have to kill 8 officers and steal all gold, so Khelgar can't pay his mercenaries. You also have to kill Khelgar's brother, Gloorrrgh if you see him.
There are hidden (VERY short and simple, but they are there) quests on maps covering platonic love, quarrel of companions, rescuing captives, vengeance and... you will see ;)

Patch Notes:
Ver 1.7 - Added sounds
Ver 1.51 - 2 fixes and tweaks:
  • Glezt in office (second time) now sleeps on table instead of hanging in air.
  • Fixed Homber's dialogue (hiding some of responses when not needed)
  • Changed some trash encounters into undead types.
  • Boss now spawn only 2 add groups instead of 4.
Ver 1.5 - 2 fixes:
  • 1st quest says now "in Tower District" so players can find secret office
  • fixed doors stucking players in wood logs.
Ver 1.0 - Release
Post edited by forien69 on

Comments