test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.21

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Combat
  • Item set bonuses now buff Control Wizards with the expected amount of damage.

Dungeons
  • Top-tier Epic Dungeons now properly unlock the end chest when starting while the Dungeon Delves event is active.

Gateway

Foundry
  • Respeccing Foundry Preview characters now properly supports switching classes.
  • The mail sent at level 15 informing players of the Foundry now has URLs for the Foundry forums and the Neverwinter Wiki.
  • The Level 1 spec for all classes has been removed from Preview Mode.
  • The level 10 spec for Great Weapon Fighter now grants items in Preview Mode.
  • The Level 21 spec for all classes now includes a basic mount.

Stability
  • Some rare crashes have been fixed in the mail UI and text display systems.
  • A "Texture Out of Memory" crash that affects 32-bit systems has been addressed.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Still no word on the Foundry transition bug that causes Foundry quests to disappear when going into a Neverwinter Adventure Map? Pretty huge bug for those of us wanting to make or play through quests that aren't restricted to just 15-minute custom maps and areas.

Nice to see a mount added in the respec mode, though. Will make playtesting a lot easier.
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • supamoesupamoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally . Good job
  • mykey1974mykey1974 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hooray! That "Texture Out of Memory" crash was happening at least 4 times a session for me. Now (hopefully) it won't happen again. Good Job!
  • mactalemactamactalemacta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was hoping to see them implement so I can see both my rings to compare instead of just the main one and the same for Trickster looking at daggers...
  • xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, this is it for the Foundry mission? Will there not be a better exp again or do we need to wait 2 mins after every kills forever?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • tibberton1tibberton1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat

Dungeons
    • Top-tier Epic Dungeons now properly unlock the end chest when starting while the Dungeon Delves event is active.

Gateway

Foundry
    • Respeccing Foundry Preview characters now properly supports switching classes.
    • The mail sent at level 15 informing players of the Foundry now has URLs for the Foundry forums and the Neverwinter Wiki.
    • The Level 1 spec for all classes has been removed from Preview Mode.
    • The level 10 spec for Great Weapon Fighter now grants items in Preview Mode.
    • The Level 21 spec for all classes now includes a basic mount.

Stability
    • Some rare crashes have been fixed in the mail UI and text display systems.
    • A "Texture Out of Memory" crash that affects 32-bit systems has been addressed.

Training Tomes for companions?
    A Guardian Fighter Blog:

guardianfighter.com
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Combat

I'm a Control Wizard and I approve this message.
  • perfectnoobworldperfectnoobworld Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason I came to Neverwinter was for Foundry, and you guys nerfed that **** into oblivion. Which pretty much made me want to quit because your decision making for handling things is just awful. The freedom of Neverwinter was what drew me to it, "finally," I said to myself, "I wont have to spam quests and run around until max level." So what if I liked grinding in Foundry? It's my choice and you completely took it away from me. A game where developers reduce your freedom of choice is not needed in the gaming community. I won't even begin to start with the obscene amount of AD it takes to respec feats or the zen required to respec powers. Not only that but the very subtle "you should buy zen" undertone that perpetuates the game. When Wildstar comes out, I hope you've pulled your head out of your *** by then or else you really have no chance of competing.
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why does the patch freeze? Downloads very slow and then hangs...
  • xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason I came to Neverwinter was for Foundry, and you guys nerfed that **** into oblivion. Which pretty much made me want to quit because your decision making for handling things is just awful. The freedom of Neverwinter was what drew me to it, "finally," I said to myself, "I wont have to spam quests and run around until max level." So what if I liked grinding in Foundry? It's my choice and you completely took it away from me. A game where developers reduce your freedom of choice is not needed in the gaming community. I won't even begin to start with the obscene amount of AD it takes to respec feats or the zen required to respec powers. Not only that but the very subtle "you should buy zen" undertone that perpetuates the game. When Wildstar comes out, I hope you've pulled your head out of your *** by then or else you really have no chance of competing.

I agreed but looking like they aren't going to fix it. Might be time to move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • iamtreaveiamtreave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally! Tier 2 Delve fix! Thank you!!!!
  • ninjajoeninjajoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is that considered the Cw crit bug fix?
    edited May 2013
    Double post, my mistake!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Combat

Dungeons

No they dont. Just ran epic Idris again tonight during a Dungeon Delve around 11pm EST. All of my party had Dungeon Delve qualification on screen. None of us got anything out of chest.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sand1972 wrote: »
    No they dont. Just ran epic Idris again tonight during a Dungeon Delve around 11pm EST. All of my party had Dungeon Delve qualification on screen. None of us got anything out of chest.

Probably because the downtime for this fix has not occurred yet. These are patch notes for the fix going in at 12am PDT today (in about 2 hours).
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • morkelb78morkelb78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectnoobworld View Post

I agreed but looking like they aren't going to fix it. Might be time to move on.

I use the foundry to level currently, and I enjoy it. I have found a great deal of quest that have been well written and enjoyable. I gain a good amount of exp running them in and out of the bonus and while comparing the exp to the exp of the story quest I find it comparable. So I am not sure what your talking about that they took the ability to level in the foundry away from you.

Now if your upset that you can not grind 50 ogres any more and get inflated exp from the ogres and the quest, while getting the bonus and level from 1 - 60 in ten hours. Then I have no sympathy that they took that system out of the game, COH had a similar problem with their player made content. In the end the foundry was supposed to add content to the game and another level of immersion to the game. Those of you crying because you can not longer gain 10 levels in an hour were taking advantage of a broke system, and the dev's fixed it before it got even more out of hand then it already was.
  • sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Probably because the downtime for this fix has not occurred yet. These are patch notes for the fix going in at 12am PDT today (in about 2 hours).

Wow okay I feel like an idiot. He didnt say that in the OP so I thought they had been implemented already.
    edited May 2013
    What if my main focus of the game was end-game PvP and all I wanted to do was level as quickly as possible to enjoy myself? When have you ever looked back on an MMO and said "Oh boy, the most memorable and fun moments were leveling to max level." Let me answer that for you: Never. The excitement in an MMO comes from what you do AFTER the grind is over. That's when you truly get to enjoy yourself. This game is hollow at the moment so they don't want people reaching max level. To be honest, I don't really understand why MMO's even use a leveling system anymore. You can just remove levels all together and instead add content that's all level appropriate, that rewards gear, achievements, titles and much more. Yes, it gives you a sense of accomplishment, but mainly it simply gets in the way of experimenting with different classes and ultimately limits the amount of choices you have.
    edited May 2013
    Here let me give you analogy, when you played Borderlands, did you have more fun on your first play-through when you had no skills and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear, or did you have more fun on your second play-through when you've maxed your tree and have a bad-*** exploding volcano sniper rifle?
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any word on when or if we gona have new class in ? please answer ...
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• demonishademonisha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when are you going to turn on the companion upgrade books, my free companion is stuck at rank 15, and the companion I actually spent REAL money for is stuck at rank 20.. I personally have spent 60$ us on this game, why im not quite sure yet, has great promise I suppose, but I am kinda scared that it is being managed by PWE (kings of greed)
  • smackzor123smackzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Delves still NOT WORKING!
  • jajajaexistiertjajajaexistiert Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix the fkn auction house!
  • guxpingu2guxpingu2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys what about the Auction bug? Time is goind to -.... and When I gave bind for something, i get my AD always back.. And from last item I didnt! (It was 130k AD, Im still waiting for them)
  • endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Combat

Except the PvP Bonus still doesn't work at all.
  • wingnut3026wingnut3026 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

STFU exploitation ****! Basically wha tyou are saying is that you can't make it to max level in 10 hours grinding the foundry. The Foundry still exists with custom maps, etc. You can do HOWEVER many you want with no problem. You just can't exploit it for XP. If you have a problem, then please, do us all a favor and GTFO.
  • mkretributionmkretribution Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix

Berserker's Champions SET (T2 Great Weapon fighter set) They give 0 bonus , such a joke >.>
  • rhinosaurusrexrhinosaurusrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except the PvP Bonus still doesn't work at all.

Guys, the patch is not out yet.
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How bout.. You fix delays in rogues skills? Too easy to dodge honestly..
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • xarra1972xarra1972 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tibberton1 wrote: »
    Training Tomes for companions?

I second this! Where are the training tomes!
This discussion has been closed.