test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companions, some general fixes are needed

lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So after talking with some friends i realize how bad the companions really are and most of this is quite fixable though.

1: We need a way to generally control them, as simple as commanding them to attack, or sit tight. What is the use in having a tank companion if i have to take the alpha from the mobs? as far as i can tell no way to command them to take point or attack first. Once you get aggro they seem to stand still for a good 3-5 seconds before reacting.

2: companion training: needs to be a way to extend all companions to max rank(i think its 30?) rareity, shouldnt be a factor in this, i do think this is planned but i'll throw this out there anyway.

3: More custumization, for a game that totes the cryptic name we are locked into some skins we get to choose? you want to know most ANNOYING thing? after i caved and bought the earth elemental cause well i'm a wizard! why wouldnt i have an earth elemental! he's soooo tiny! i was really hoping each skin he'd get a tad bigger till he was a medium sized elemental! but no he remains tiny! i'd love more control over our companion appearances, let us put gear on them that gives them looks if not stats, let us decide hair styles, and what they look like! we know you are capable of doing this lets see it! no not asking for this now, i see this as something down the road a year or so, first big expansion but it is something i want to see.

4: Let us set them to assist another player... seriously i got a cleric companion in hopes he'd heal my friend, and he got a tank companion in hopes he'd tank. The harsh reality is that they do not heal or assist other players only you. So my friends regulated to chugging potions most of the time. let them heal our friends, tank or protect our allies...

5: and final big one! please remove companions from dungeons, and inside the city. No reason to have them there, and they just detract from the game over all.

i like companions but really do need some fine tuning.
Post edited by lokaidraxmartis on

Comments

• mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Not letting us command the companions to attack or be passive is a decision I just can't understand!

Why not let us choose who the companion attacks?
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the company has yet to fix ai on sto carrier pets after breaking them. they used to be perfect and controllable. now they are barely passable.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    Not letting us command the companions to attack or be passive is a decision I just can't understand!

Why not let us choose who the companion attacks?

it pretty much defeats purpose of a tank companion since...by the time the AI reacts is no getting agro back usually.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5: and final big one! please remove companions from dungeons, and inside the city. No reason to have them there, and they just detract from the game over all.

i like companions but really do need some fine tuning.
    You had me until this part. This part is just no. While the companions aren't always useful they have their uses even in dungeons, especially for people that bought say the ioun stone ext. Yes the regular companions aren't as useful in higher level content but there is zero reason to remove them. If you don't like them fine, but nerfing others fun and enjoyment should never be done with out very strongly argued reasons.
  • nesakysiutaunesakysiutau Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed ! Do not remove from dungeons it helps a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;

and Im not sure about the universe!