test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue time is very long

rifiellrifiell Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
I thought non-DPS classes had shorter queue times but it doesn't seem that way to me. I've been queueing for cloak tower for upwards of 15 minutes now and still nothing. It also took a long time to do some of the earlier skirmishes, maybe 20 minutes to get in. This doesn't seem any faster than being a DPS. Not sure if something is bugged here?
Post edited by rifiell on

Comments

• kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what mmo's you been playing but ive played almost all of them an 15 mins is super fast. Im used to over an hour on most mmo's for the lower end stuff. Usually quicker at max level though.
  • rifiellrifiell Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm used to slow queue as a DPS but as a heal/tank I usually get in pretty fast. Maybe it's just different in this game.
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue system is just terrible.
    A full group can wait 5 minutes in queue to join a dungeon, when clearly the party has already been formed.
  • damerflinn1damerflinn1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I'm sure that the queue system has it's faults, as Stream said. But the mistake the OP is making is that there is no role queue. The reason he is getting quicker queues in other games, is you tend to queue by role, this game you may end up in a group of all Rogues with no tank or healer. It doesn't put you together with the standard Tank-3 DPS - Healer set up.
  • dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What confuses me is that PvP and Skirmish queues are lightning fast. With two characters on Beholder, I've never had to wait more than MAX 2-3 minutes to get a spot in either Blacklake Terror or Domination PvP, after which it was about 20-30 seconds before I was loaded in.

But then, the queue for Cloak Tower is constantly... constant. Neverending. It drives me mad. I would much rather have tight, reliable LFG and instance queue tools than a new zone or more item models. It's essential!
  • kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    felomaks wrote: »
    What confuses me is that PvP and Skirmish queues are lightning fast. With two characters on Beholder, I've never had to wait more than MAX 2-3 minutes to get a spot in either Blacklake Terror or Domination PvP, after which it was about 20-30 seconds before I was loaded in.

But then, the queue for Cloak Tower is constantly... constant. Neverending. It drives me mad. I would much rather have tight, reliable LFG and instance queue tools than a new zone or more item models. It's essential!

Not sure how essiential it is since on top of the queue system, there are constant LFG/LFM posts in chat. Form a party and go. No queue wait at all this way