Install Arc
Options

This game was designed for trolls and a-holes

2»

Comments

• Options
    xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, what makes you think those are *your* materials?

"YOUR" arrogance is almost as astounding as "YOUR" ignorance.
    If I fight a pile of mobs next to a shiny, then you should probably assume that it is what I am fighting for, you know common courtesy and all that jazz.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    If I fight a pile of mobs next to a shiny, then you should probably assume that it is what I am fighting for, you know common courtesy and all that jazz.

Only attack when no one is nearby or wait until someone else takes the mobs and then get the mats. Be the better a-hole. If you start feeling bad about doing that just keep at it, it'll go away after a while.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think you speak the truth. I fortunatly never had the issue with need-on-everything in dungeons, only 1 time then we told the guy and he was ok with it...so maybe this is a problem that starts with epic dungeons? i also never saw the problem really with pvp afker, but im not doing that much pvp? i think the need-greed issue is easily resolved by making it impossible to "need" for items that youre not allowed to wear - problem solved. For pvp - why not simply kick someone thats afk for more than hmm 45 seconds? and replace that person automatically. As for the points, i would change the point system, give more points for wins and assists, give points for reviving comrades and for winning. Less for kills and capturing. You could also only give points for capturing if the captured point is held for at least 1 minute.
  • Options
    judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think the skill nodes should be instanced per player like the chests, but since they're not, sorry -- first come first served. Personally I'll probably help kill the bad guys.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Only attack when no one is nearby or wait until someone else takes the mobs and then get the mats. Be the better a-hole. If you start feeling bad about doing that just keep at it, it'll go away after a while.

I would say your a load your mother should have swallowed.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think the skill nodes should be instanced per player like the chests, but since they're not, sorry -- first come first served. Personally I'll probably help kill the bad guys.

first come first serve attitude is why humanity fails.

nodes would be nice to instance, but common courtesy is a no brainer.
  • Options
    epoch85epoch85 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in a pvp match where the party leader was AFK the entire match.

At less than a minute until the match is over the party leader returns and kicks everyone out of the group.

Even me. And I was the only one not complaining about him being afk.

What an a-hole.
  • Options
    judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first come first serve attitude is why humanity fails.

nodes would be nice to instance, but common courtesy is a no brainer.

Well, you know it took a long time to figure out that those things *weren't* instanced. The other thing about them is that there's always another one right around the corner.
  • Options
    floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is an MMO OP. It comes with the territory.
  • Options
    princepaulprincepaul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too many hilarious posts to quote. Though I'll say that I have enjoyed people's stupidity so much that when I bring up that there's no use in winning PVP matches, nor losing them for that matter, because in the end shorter PVP matches get you more Glory and EXP than longer ones. Shorter ones are accomplished by allowing the other team to hold all the points until about 4-6 minutes passes and you "lose" (I quote "lose" because at this point there doesn't seem to be any quantitative aspect to PVP in this game, in terms of keeping track of personal scores and averages and what not) and get a fairly good chunk of rewards - I say 'rewards' lightly, obviously - and then queue for another one and finish about two or three by the time two teams are finished duking it out for about 13-18 minutes (based off of the rough estimates in terms of match lengths I've noticed) and therefore get a good, two or three times the amount of 'rewards' that the teams that try really hard. When I say that in game people don't seem to understand that math, and by those stats I completely understand going AFK. On top of that I understand it because for the most part the classes aren't balanced for PVP (if you say "just get the bets gear" or "just don't suck (because by sucking I'm assuming you mean not stun locking them into submission)" then you're a part of the problem, it's not clever to say that and it doesn't offer anything to solve the problem) and Cryptic seems fairly fail when it comes to this sort of thing (looking at you Champions and STO).

The way I look at it, what's been ruining this game is the loads of people complaining that others aren't playing the game the way they want them to play it (look at the Foundry nerf, seems to me that Role Playing scum bags ruined the experience and fun others had while playing the game they themselves wanted to play it in a way that didn't negatively affect the Role Player's game play experience at all - ergo, who cares if someone gets to level 60 faster, *****ing about how they're spending too much time beating things up than exploring your fantastic story /s makes less sense than chewing glass - and thus that mentality is being carried over to PVP though in this instance going AFK I guess ruins others experience though it doesn't matter all that much seeing as how grossly imbalanced it seems. What I want to do is get to cap level, and enjoy the Lore in my own time because I've already gotten to the max level, and the way I ENJOY playing games is by doing it thus. When someone wants to step over how I play a game, that's pretty fundamentally fascist.

I know people could say "you get blues and stoof" when doing well in PVP, but look at it this way: can you use the majority of those blues? Or are they meant for other classes? Honestly the time taken to chase potentially useful blues is more of a waste of time than trying to win everything just for the sake of winning.

Sorry for the long post, totes had to get this rant off my chest. Cryptic is going in the wrong direction with their nerfs and maints, because they're not even paying attention to **** that needs priority. They're busy appeasing a small player base while not making their other player's experience any better.

Any critiques? I find it hard pressed to be convinced otherwise about PVP.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    What happened to playing with friends or looking for a friendly guild? You won't have any of those problems.

Also, I think going afk (not actually, but refusing to be a victim of bullying) when your random group is matched against a premade is perfectly "legitimate". I don't mind premades and I think it's the smart thing to do, I just won't play against them. Premades should not be matched with PUGs.

What, your going to justify being afk in a PvP map you grouped in by choice by saying your being intimidated???
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    Yup. Its pretty much some of the worst <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design of a game ive seen long in an mmo.

Never have so many, grieved so much.

World of Warcraft must be the worst MMO ever, so.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Are you insane? Why are you complaining?

Today we had a patch that fixed

LOCKBOXES BEING TRADEABLE

First you whiny losers cry about the lockboxes, then when they fix what you cried about, you joke about it not being enough. Look at the newest patch notes and all the other things they had fixed, and take into account they did all that in 2 days after the previous patch.

Anyone with mathematical ability ( more than that of a braindead <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ameba ) can see that they are actually working to improve things, and judging by the amount of changes they programmed within 48 hours they are probably working hard.
    princepaul wrote: »
    Cryptic is going in the wrong direction with their nerfs and maints, because they're not even paying attention to **** that needs priority.

You are going in the wrong direction with your failing logic, since they have priority on bugs and exploits, which is the best priority you can have. Everything else comes after.

If you dont like it, leave the game, bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    World of Warcraft must be the worst MMO ever, so.
    If by worst you mean most popular and most lucrative then you are correct.
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    brolleun wrote: »
    Too true.

What does Cryptic focus on: fixing the foundry so players can't level a bit faster than their intended quest chain allows. Why does anyone care how someone gets to 60? Is the market going to suddenly be monopolized? Is their PVE content going to suffer for it? Is PVP content going to suffer from it?

Because it was hurting their cash shop sales! If everyone and their mother can Level up that fast, then they won't be selling any XP boosters in their store.

They want People to Level slowly and force them to buy XP boosters if they want to Level faster.

You can surely bet they gonna nerf XP gains a lot more Down the line to make sure it will hit you in the face at around Level 30 or so. Enough fast Levels to make you addicted and then kill the pace halfway at Level 30, so People start buying XP pots in the Cash Shop.

It's standard practice in every F2P game out there!
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jeronan wrote: »
    Because it was hurting their cash shop sales! If everyone and their mother can Level up that fast, then they won't be selling any XP boosters in their store.

They want People to Level slowly and force them to buy XP boosters if they want to Level faster.

You can surely bet they gonna nerf XP gains a lot more Down the line to make sure it will hit you in the face at around Level 30 or so. Enough fast Levels to make you addicted and then kill the pace halfway at Level 30, so People start buying XP pots in the Cash Shop.

It's standard practice in every F2P game out there!

Or maybe something just wasn't working as it should and they fixed it. I love how the forum is full of these conspiracy theorists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »
    What, your going to justify being afk in a PvP map you grouped in by choice by saying your being intimidated???

I am saying I will not play against premade teams when I solo queue. Intimidated? Hardly. Mindful of whether I am having fun in a game I spend money on? Absolutely. I signed up for a PUG vs PUG match, which I will play. I will not play a premade vs PUG match.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    Or maybe something just wasn't working as it should and they fixed it. I love how the forum is full of these conspiracy theorists.

Ofcourse foundry needed to be fixed. It's just funny they couldn't see this coming!

I mean.... it happened in City of Heroes, when foundry was added and being exploited.
    I mean.... it happened in Star Trek Online, when foundry was added and being exploited.

So it was really nothing New.

I was just saying they gonna kill XP gains a lot more Down the line, so slow Down the pace in general questlines as well. As People are still leveling too fast.

Every F2P game has fast early Levels and then the curve hits rock bottom halfway to push People to the Cash Shop.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Really sucks because I hate questing in mmo's. PvP, Dungeons, and Skirmishes are the saving grace for me, but with afk PvP and so many bugs and issues with Dungeons, I seem to be left with Skirmishes- but those can get dull after a while.

And yeah I know... beta.
  • Options
    princepaulprincepaul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beta is no excuse, especially open beta. Especially having an 'experienced' company making it. You'd think that after all their games they'd have a set game plan to not have any issues. Guess not.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I am saying I will not play against premade teams when I solo queue. Intimidated? Hardly. Mindful of whether I am having fun in a game I spend money on? Absolutely. I signed up for a PUG vs PUG match, which I will play. I will not play a premade vs PUG match.

Genuine question here......HOW do you know if it's premade?
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Are you insane? Why are you complaining?

Today we had a patch that fixed

LOCKBOXES BEING TRADEABLE

......wait. So now we're stuck with them taking up inventory space? You literally cannot get rid of them unless you buy a key and open it?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    Yup. Its pretty much some of the worst <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design of a game ive seen long in an mmo.

Never have so many, grieved so much.

Only in WoW and every other mmo that came out after it...
  • Options
    ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    wolfzilva wrote: »
    Only in WoW and every other mmo that came out after it...

Dumbest thing said in this thread.

It is free to play mmo. That means that it is not going to be for the die hard fans who like fair and balance. It is a pick up and play game until WildStar, or Elder Scrolls online comes out. No point in getting upset over a game of this low tier.