test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Horrible Customer Service!

kirwenkirwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So they have time to give away keys... but answering tickets that are 9 days old isn't important?

I know it's a beta and all but this is the worst response I've seen since the Sim City Launch.

Anyone else having horrible long waits for account, item or other issues?
Post edited by kirwen on

Comments

• pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not sure what you mean about keys, if you mean beta keys there is none, this is open beta or basically just plain old launch with an open beta tag. That being said, the game went live less then 2 weeks ago and im sure theres a huge list in front of you too. Good luck none the less.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yeah they're giving away health potions and a title on facebook or some**** and ignoring their actual customers
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, the Customer Service wait times are totally unacceptable.

But if the community folks are doing a giveaway, that's nothing to do with the Customer Service queue - they're not going to answer tickets whether they're doing giveaways or not.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's marketing.
  • kirwenkirwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly. We will distract you with a shiny key for a title but ignore real problems.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirwen wrote: »
    Exactly. We will distract you with a shiny key for a title but ignore real problems.

Okay, you're obviously not going to listen to reason. Enjoy your rant.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    So they have time to give away keys... but answering tickets that are 9 days old isn't important?

I know it's a beta and all but this is the worst response I've seen since the Sim City Launch.

Do you call the sales department to get technical support? However, 9 days is rather long on a ticket, is it something the community can possibly help with?
  • pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah those are the keys you speak of.....I dont think the facebook/twitter/'insert social media here" PR team is the same as the customer support department.
    A guildie sent in a ticket the other day....he was like number 1.5 million something. Good luck OP.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The reason why there is no support is because the game is in beta. You just got to love business these days.
  • kirwenkirwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    startux wrote: »
    Do you call the sales department to get technical support? However, 9 days is rather long on a ticket, is it something the community can possibly help with?

Nope its a restore issue. Yes PR and Customer Support teams are different but it also show priorities. I work in IT... if there's an outage people Can shift to help needed departments depending on the scale of the issue.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are probably completly hammered with tickets...also with tickets that a lot of idiots probably posted a multiple times without any real reason or justificatin...wade through hundreds of useless tickets to find these few fair ones. I assume thats a killer load of work - ican tell you tough, that i was in alpha and closed beta - with obviously less people - and they have answered tickets within 48 hours there. I also know that even after open beta launched they still gave refunds to people which i think is very fair (hardly anyone does that nowadays).
    edited May 2013
    Refund... unless you have claimed ANYTHING on your account. Then a refund is refused... I tried that. Billing answered after 3 days.
  • notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

They answered my question fairly quickly. Comparing this tot he disaster that was Sim City is shameful.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Customer service would require you being a customer i.e Paying money for stuff.

If you are not, then well you are actually are not a customer which in turn does not entitle you to any expectations of customer service.
  • neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So basically, you think everyone does every job in that studio? Where you work?
    edited May 2013
    I AM a paying customer... how could I request a refund if I wasn't.

Said IT work.. not a studio. As typical most people who work in my area are this little thing called cross trained at least on a basic level.

If you are not, then well you are actually are not a customer which in turn does not entitle you to any expectations of customer service.
  • jtipsjtips Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the service is terrible.

I currently have 0 Astral diamonds in my Exchange balance when I know there was a good amount left from my founders pack purchase. Here's the dilemma.. While opening a support ticket provides some visibility to trying to find out what happened, I expect them to tell me to open a bug in game which provides zero visibility on status as well as no sense of urgency by Cryptic/PW to resolve since there is no visibility for the requester once this is done. I know this because I outlined sales and amounts on a previous support ticket before whats happened today asking if they could verify that the amounts were transferred correctly because I had no audit trail ingame (besides emails and my eyeball test of what seemed to be missing amounts being placed in the account).

So as you can probably imagine the whole process and substandard support structure is very frustrating, especially when you are using RMT for ZEN to support the game because you enjoy it.
  • startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Nope its a restore issue. Yes PR and Customer Support teams are different but it also show priorities. I work in IT... if there's an outage people Can shift to help needed departments depending on the scale of the issue.

I work in IT too since about '95 from small to large (Apple) t know you're generally wrong, what you suggest may work in small business, not large (people without the training or skills will create far more work) and others have said they maybe hammered with tickets, but I do hope they get through them fast for you :).
  • wowcloanwowcloan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol.. for the money they charge for a **** mount you'd think they'd be able to afford an acceptable amount of customer service reps