test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clarification on Foundry.

ninwahninwah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Ok, so your patch "restored xp" but sill made it so it cant be xp farmed. I dont see that. I still see the huge nerf. im currently doing a actual foundry not a exp farm. im a rogue. i killed 2 groups went to the third group of mobs killed them 0 loot 0 xp. so the huge xp nerf still in effect? or what. can someone explain this to me?
Post edited by ninwah on

Comments

• gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm things appear unchanged. I can't see one anyways. Foundry exp it still terrible for any real quest.
  • thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed, they didn't fix anything.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What huge nerf? I ran a quick Foundry mission earlier, got a nice half level of XP. Seems consistant with doing a quest or two in the adventure zones, so I'm not seeing a problem.
  • ninwahninwah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tried it one more time yeah same deal. killed 2 packs 3rd/4th pack gave me nothing. (58 rogue)
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like they have successfully done what they intended. Targeted the exp farming missions while leaving the ones that don't give it out like that alone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    its not a exp farm mission. its one on the front page of the Foundry.. Dungeons of Dread. average duration 60 minutes.
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I did several that were in best and not farm.I didn't get much xp.Wasn't worth the pots for the drops.
    edited May 2013
    yeah this needs to be addressed. I made my first foundry 2 days ago and for the 9 hours of work i put into it for people to put reviews in that they arnt gaining much xp or loot from it is ridiculous. I like the creation system but i wont be pouring hours into another one for it to be worthless
    edited May 2013
    and before you say it was a exp farm its not. i have 3 mini bosses and then a boss fight at the end mixed with a bunch of easy mobs/standard mobs and a few hard ones too.
    edited May 2013
    heres to hoping a dev responds to this and explain the system that is currently in place
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    currently you get good xp for completing the quest so do shorter ones if you want to farm xp
  • vdudevdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like they have successfully done what they intended. Targeted the exp farming missions while leaving the ones that don't give it out like that alone.

exp farming missions still seem to give more exp than story missions... but they're both abysmal compared to doing cryptic's quests.

kindof a shame too, most foundry maps felt more like little dungeon crawlers while cryptic's quests are copy/paste from WoW.

tired of fetch quests, dungeon crawling is actually fun :s
    edited May 2013
    i like dungeon crawling in this game. however, queue system is broken and takes way to long. chat is spammed by noobs looking for exp foundry farming which they cant do anymore but wont listen and people spamming lockbox <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so its impossible to use chat to get a group. So this is where foundry would be nice alternative way to level. at this point, all you get from it is, wow that guy is creative awesome job/pat on the back. and like 4 bars of xp lol. :|