test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fast way to level companion at 60?

zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm wondering if anyone have any good ideas on how to level up your companions at 60 when you have no quests left.
Takes forever and ever to grind mobs and dungeons is the same. And since foundry was nerfed I guess thats not an option either?

So anyone have any good ideas on how to level your companions fast?
Post edited by zagrim#6754 on

Comments

• masochist33masochist33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not 60 but I found that grinding mobs seemed to work well....at least up to level 15...dont have any companions that can go higher than 15 right now. Although quests certainly help.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there isn't a fast way at 60 once Cryptic quests are done. Foundry and Skirmishes work better than sitting somewhere and just killing the stuff out in the open like flayers or the de's.
  • drakossidrakossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm wondering if anyone have any good ideas on how to level up your companions at 60 when you have no quests left.
    Takes forever and ever to grind mobs and dungeons is the same. And since foundry was nerfed I guess thats not an option either?

So anyone have any good ideas on how to level your companions fast?

There are some repeatable quests around, and foundry missions still give XP to your companion, plus I think if you do dailies you your companion will level.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's definitely repeatable quests. The first one is from the gnoll that wants you to kill bandits, and doing that twice is enough to get a companion from Rank 1 to 4 or 5.
    edited May 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    There's definitely repeatable quests. The first one is from the gnoll that wants you to kill bandits, and doing that twice is enough to get a companion from Rank 1 to 4 or 5.

at 60 it has to be killing stuff that would give you exp in order for your pet to get it, the gnoll guy won't work. foundry/skirmishes do though.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a quest so you'd be getting quest XP. Not xp from killing stuff itself. So I'd think it would work regardless of level although I haven't tried it for myself. I think it's about 1,000XP for killing 20-30 bandits.
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Its a quest so you'd be getting quest XP. Not xp from killing stuff itself. So I'd think it would work regardless of level although I haven't tried it for myself. I think it's about 1,000XP for killing 20-30 bandits.

that is true so I could be wrong on that. I'm going to check that tonight because slicing through 100's of those guys will be easier than a single flayer hulk :)
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just do dungeons. It's not super quick, but it gets em there. My kitty is about to ding 25 from epics.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thought Companions topped out at level 30?
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
    edited May 2013
    Thought Companions topped out at level 30?

they do but the op is 60 and your pet gains exp based on what would give you exp
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I must be slow...still not understanding....Pet is maxed out at 30, toon is maxed out at 60...point of more XP?
  • lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    I must be slow...still not understanding....Pet is maxed out at 30, toon is maxed out at 60...point of more XP?
    They seem to be using a fresh companion at level 60 and are curious about a quick way to go about seasoning it.
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.
    edited May 2013
    I was just about to post again it just struck me..you might want to level a NEW pet :) I git it...like I said slow....but I get there eventually. :)
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been doing foundries, and they seem to go up fast enough. It isn't as fast as quest turn ins was before doing all them, but still pretty good. Not even talking about the xp grinding ones, just good story ones.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright, seem like its foundries/dungeons/skirmishes (With dailies attached). Though I dont think skirmishes would be very fast since the queue is so long and its over fast. Unless you get a group to grind them. I'll try to see if foundry quest is decently fast. I've equipped my pet with training runestones so hopefully that will help some.

I think repeat quest would be good, IF there was a level 55+ repeat quest that gave you 2-3K exp. Not sure if that exist though.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    I've been doing foundries, and they seem to go up fast enough. It isn't as fast as quest turn ins was before doing all them, but still pretty good. Not even talking about the xp grinding ones, just good story ones.
    Foundry missions level with you, so how well are your companions doing in them? I'm just curious, as they're known for not surviving end-game dungeons.
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

that quest does work, it takes 40 bandits and that's all in the close area pretty much and it will interfere with lower levels doing their stuff. I did it once just to see if it would work, I did it real slow and was careful not to be killing around lower levels so not to mess them up, it did work so you were right. now we just need a repeatable one like that in a higher level area and all will be good.
  • m3fi100m3fi100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A good way for me was going to a level 58 area like Caverns and say on the zone chat that you will help with questing (being lev 60 wearing all epics that usualy draws attention). Then you ask the person to keep sharing his/her's quests and do them together(it works even if you had done those quests before). You get some minor companion exp for killing stuff and more for turning quests in. Took me 2 hours from 1-15 companion level, gets slower later but still much quicker than t2 dungs.
  • j0rdan99j0rdan99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I turned in 11 quests i had spare and done from when i leveled to 60. I think my companion got enough xp to be instantly trained to rank 11? Just had in quests, or keep doing that erm bandit thing
  • teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No real fast way of doing in same sense as questing. You can use leadership for xp, while i think its kinda waste, or simply just carry the weak pet around everywhere, not like pets in general count for much in fights, unless its augment and then it matter even less as it wont die unless you die. ;)
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your companion gets xp any time you would. Prayer and leadership are not fast but be sure to keep those cooking as you work on your companion. Xp from 5 mans is better than soloing, with the skirmish being probably your best bet. Also, maybe you missed some quests? I hit 60 with tons left, so maybe check around for something?

If you group with someone who has not yet done a quest you can re-do the instance with them and those bosses and the run is decent xp.
  • artorusrexartorusrex Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best way i found lvling my cat and stone on my two characters that had hit level cap was to help out some guildmate's with there last couple of levels.

Tried dungeon running and grinding mobs didn't find it very fast. Then i decided to help a guildie with his 58-60 levels. My guildmate shared the quests me and we run through them pretty fast, and even thou i had already completed the quests being able to accept the quest still and get xp for them lvled the companion pretty damm quick.

So i would say find someone lvling 50-60 range and lend a hand :), makes you appear nice and helpful aswell even if you really have this as a ulterior motive :P