test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is wrong with this I'm so sick and tired of it.

jonas2405jonas2405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm so sick and tired of these maintenance's all the time

I know we are not paying for the game in anyway but i'm still getting sick and tired to the bone of this. I we're in the lair of the mad dragon. Last boss right now And BOOM we wiped. and the servers closed. and it was the dungeon devlers or what ever it's called. You just had a maintenace on half an hour to 1 hour. I played for like 20-30 minutes and you needed one again? are you kidding me.

PS = I rather pay 15-20$ a month to get loose of these diamonds and all those small paying things you got in the game. I think even though the game is a big succes. but if you made it paying it will be even a bigger succes. and with more spell bars & with more amor. I keep getting the same amor all the time. Now it's annoying but take back my first thing in real consideration cuz it's literally ***** me off
Post edited by jonas2405 on

Comments

• cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    shhh go play warcraft then

guess you missed the massive yellow writing saying servers will go down, your fault you then started a dungeon
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new game with lots of maintenance going on?

My word!
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • banamanobanamano Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Erm, its Open beta? the game isn't finished wouldn't you like them to fix the bugs and iron out balancing etc ?
  • redburstredburst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still dont understand why they brought the servers up in the first place then.
    Some info on WHY they had to be brought down and an ETA would be nice too.
  • proyodaproyoda Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cubansyrus wrote: »

guess you missed the massive yellow writing saying servers will go down, your fault you then started a dungeon
    i love fanboys answers
  • jester3993jester3993 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redburst wrote: »

Hey everyone, we sincerely apologize for the short notice. We need to perform emergency network maintenance to ensure a stable performance during Open Beta. It is expected to last around 2 hours, perhaps longer.

Straight from the facebook page.
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    It's on the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/NeverWinterGame
  • smaksnaxsmaksnax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

if you bothered to comprehend the op post, he is talking about the 2nd maintenance... There was only a 5 min warning.
  • bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    banamano wrote: »
    Erm, its Open beta? the game isn't finished wouldn't you like them to fix the bugs and iron out balancing etc ?

"open beta" is a term lightly used here. Charging a silly amount of money in beta phase does not sit well with any gamer. Sadly there are people spending silly amounts of money so it seems to be "working as intended" as in thanks for letting us scam you !
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gosh, a Beta game needing fixes at short notice! Who'd a thunk it! Why not step outside and breathe some fresh air, whilst also gaining a sense or perspective...
  • fotemotfotemot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Takes the server down for 1 and a half hour, up for 30 minutes, down for 3 hours, that's just ****ed up.
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As they say, beta is beta.

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quiet, children. It's a free game. Severe bugs are popping up and being squashed as fast as possible - which is a good thing. Nobody's forcing you to play and you have no reason to feel forced to play, since there's no subscription.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    how would making the game p2p make it a bigger success? all you would do by doing that is loose quite a lot of folks.

anyway... Cryptic is now with PWE, PWE only has 2 games that have a subscription but that is because those came with the game when they got them. STO and CO are the ONLY subscription games PWE currently has other than 1 other that is single player. PWE is a F2P MMO company. *shrugs*

don't like it? find another game...
  • deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    hey i don't like it either but you need to understand that the game is still in beta and they are fixing alot of problems. so stop being a 10 year old kid and creating these threads :)
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Rageeee!!! RArrrrgghh!! ME NEEDs Neverwinter crack now!! Yes!!? no wait ! Nooo..me crush you...
  • mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >Server goes down
    >Open forums
    >Choose any of the many new rage threads
    >Laugh

Really guys? Sometimes things go wrong. Take a chill pill.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new game with lots of maintenance going on?

My word!

Yeah. A company has a new game and ALL their older games are constantly down too. Can't say I've EVER heard of that one before.
  • g33kcubg33kcub Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redstorm55 wrote: »
    Rageeee!!! RArrrrgghh!! ME NEEDs Neverwinter crack now!! Yes!!? no wait ! Nooo..me crush you...
    Must have precious?
  • exiledknight3exiledknight3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redburst wrote: »

Open the launcher and it tells you We will be performing emergency maintenance from 9AM-12AM PDT. Not sure why people act like they are surprised when new MMO's have problems that need addressing. Especially in an Open-Beta.
  • babytamponsbabytampons Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Suggestion for PWE, you make a game that requires players 18+, and uses facial recognition software to log in. I'll buy it and pay however much you want for your cash shop. Get these whiny fn kids away from me.
  • nerbelethnerbeleth Member Posts: 362 Former Developer
    edited May 2013
    people justifing issues with the game saying 'its beta' are dumb; no wipes, working cash shop= not a beta.
    also those saying 'its a free game, dont complain' please stfu.

but then again, this kind of thing is normal across mmorpgs, so those complaining that the servers need maintenance (more so taking into account this game is published by PWE, who have awful servers across all their games) are dumb too.
    Parity Tester
    sig2.png

I7 4770k OC////Asus formula VI extreme////seasonic platinum 1000w PSU////GTx 780TI SC////32 ghz ram kingston hyperX predators////NXZT phantom 820
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    proyoda wrote: »
    i love fanboys answers

So how you expect"not a fanboy" can answer this??
    I'm not fanboy but at the same time not stupid and understand what mean "Open BETA", "Open BETA one week after start", and can read the information about the maintenance.
  • jonas2405jonas2405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know it's a new game. and to the first guy. Dude i started the dung way before the maintenance even started. ANNNNND i play warcraft pal.
  • everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

How about when we're in Mad Dragon 1/3rd of the way and THEN there's this maint.?
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about when we're in Mad Dragon 1/3rd of the way and THEN there's this maint.?

I count 5 people that give a ****, the rest do not.
  • ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    proyoda wrote: »
    i love fanboys answers

Did you mean rational people?
  • itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    jonas2405 wrote: »
    I'm so sick and tired of these maintenance's all the time

you can always go back to playing world of whine craft

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

Suggestion for PWE, you make a game that requires players 18+, and uses facial recognition software to log in. I'll buy it and pay however much you want for your cash shop. Get these whiny fn kids away from me.

WORD.
    please listen to the above. I think you will find an ARMY waiting to pay whatever you want.
This discussion has been closed.