test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you serious!?!?

Comments

• xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but anybody who is paying $40 for a virtual horse needs to seriously rethink their life. I don't care how much money you have, $40 for a virtual horse, virtual giant dog, flying magical butterfly, magical rainbow dustin hoffman, or whatever the heck else PWE dreams up is not an intelligent purchase.

Dude, people pay more than that for a virtual woman...so chill, Horse love is Horse love !
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Obviously people are buying the stuff or the prices wouldn't be so high. If people were not buying the stuff then they would be lower.

It's like gold sellers. In 15 years of MMO Gaming I have never, ever, met a single person that has ever admitted they purchased Gold.

Well someone is sure freaking buying it cause if they weren't we wouldn't be getting spammed to death! Obviously a ton of people buy it and a lot of it lol.

Even the creepy weird dude that drives the Ice Cream Truck knows not to drive down the streets with no kids. People spam gold because people buy gold and mounts costs $40.00 because people spend $40.00 to buy them.
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Yes, sad, lonely people do. Are you equating people who pay for that horse to the pitiable folk that indulge in virtual women?
    No, just equating them to the poor little girl that didn't get to ride a pony on her birthday...have a virtual pony and ride your heart out !
  • bouncynemobouncynemo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they sell just cosmetic stuff for $10-$20 like League of legends does. I'd honestly think people would buy more. In League of Legends almost all lvl 30's have a skin or 500 xD.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mostly people with more money than sense. Which, it seems quite a bit of those people populate these games.

Well..it's the old saying....Time is money.

Someone wants a Purple Pony.

Option 1) It takes 40 Plus hours of grinding and collecting pony treats that are then turned into a vendor.

Option 2) Or just buy the dang thing for $40.00

I'll be honest, If I really want the Purple Pony and it will make me happy and I have the choice of Option 1 or Option 2....I am totally going with Option 2.
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just get the $60 founders pack. Comes with a mount, and the pack is worth the price.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taneras wrote: »
    So don't buy them. They aren't necessary to play this already free game.

this!.

a company HAS!! to make money on something.
    cosmetic is NOT something which is ptw so OBVIOUSLY this is where they should be making their money. you should look ugly as fck if you dont support them and buy cosmetics but on the flipside everything stats and actual gameplay related should be fair and free (meaning a semi free version of the fastest pet, free respecs, free unmounting of enchantments or everything for ingame currency.)

its a VERY simple "WHAT do you want them to take ALOT of money for?, choose the aspect you wish them to tax the most which realisticly can make them enough to be worth it from a company standpoint"
    if you choose gameplay you are a moron and have never tried a game with this RYL2 is a good example, gameplay choose is pure PTW and you will have to pay rediculess just to try out the game and see if you even like it enough to support it, this is bad and its also promoting ptw...

ps: i hate ftp its the downfall of mmo's, it limits gameplay features, and makes the games **** compared to what they could have been, it brings a rediculess amount of issue's and the only positive it brings is something which would have been accomplished much better by 7-14 days free trials... besides that pricing always become astronomical for people actually wanting to support the company and not freeload due to the fact they need to make up for all the freeloaders.. its build like a bad sociaty where people can simply choose to do nothing and let others carry them through at others dispense.....
    the best game comes no doubt when all support equelly and all get equel rights in the game and full featured gameplay as it was intended to be played... FTP is a stupid model made to drag in more people at the cost of good gameplay and available features, not a sacrifice a REAL gamer would ever be ok with making....

i would like PTP servers where EVERYTHING ptw and cash shopped is removed and made available for ingame currency but monthly fee is given, i much rather play like that due to the fairness of the game in all aspects including the pricing.
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    umbaglo wrote: »
    While I completely agree with the response of "If you think it's too expensive, then don't buy it", because that's the most direct way to show that the costs are too high, to put things in context I just want to mention that cash shop ships in STO are 5~25$ each.

Given that ships are the primary way you engage with the game, and control what equipment and abilities you have in space combat, the fact that a max level ship there is 25$, and a T3 mount here is 40$ seems a bit out of whack.

At the same time, the cash shop mounts are completely not necessary. Even having a T3 one from my founder pack, I find myself getting everywhere pretty quickly just by running anyway.

And all but the 25$ ships (usable by only chars of said faction) are worth using, the rest you get for the free gear, and rarely use the ship. Most if not all those ships are P2W (or months of playing to earn to win). I remember when nothing beat a beam array grumba (might have spelled the wrong) was THE winning PvP and PvE build. Now, with Doffs being fully understood, its not worth using. At that point, you'll never use your 25$ ship again, and have to shell out another 25$ or more for the next new hottness.

Want a ship avalable at every level that is pretty decent on both your feddies and klinks? you need currently fed side, 1 ship every 10 levels. 51 levels, so including level 1, that's 6 ships to unlock, and klink side that's another (cause they start at 20) 4 ships.... not including the fleet ships you have to pay ~20$ to get for each character.

so of those 10 ships, generally 1 will be 5$, 3 will be 10$, 2 will be 15$, 2 will be 20$, and 2 will be 25$. lets do some Sto math for unlocking cashshop ships account wide for all char careers (lets also assume you don't want a variety of ships and having only 1 good ship per tier is good enough). 1*5+3*10+2*15+2*20+2*25=5+30+30+40+50=155$

Now to compare to mounts, lets omit the first ~15 levels worth of ships (STO is a 50 level game, and NWO is 60.... NWO you get your mount at lvl 20 or 1/3 of the way through the leveling game, so we will take out the early level STO ships) and you now get a drop of 15$ (2 fed ships, the 5$ and the first 10$). So the new STO price is 140$ compared to NWO's price of 40 for a max speed mount.

Last I looked, 40<140. Maybe the ship being your char is worth more than 100$, but I'll tell you what, those free ships are a hell of a lot cheaper, just not as optimal.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • dboskodbosko Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    If you prefer paying $15/month for a MMORPG that has over 200 mounts available at your disposal which can be acquired by playing the game, you can always play those instead.

The NW devs need to make money somehow you know! The game devs did not make this game out of charity you know!

P.S. All you people who keep complaining about the Zen Store prices need to stop complaining. You're only making yourself look like a real cheapskate! The game is F2P but that doesn't mean everything is free! You will never find a true F2P video game on this planet, and if you ever do find one, then believe me, it will not last long! A few months or 1 year later, that game will cease to exist since the game developers can't afford to keep it up and running!

League of Legends is f2p, no amount of money will make you any stronger than another player who spent $0. Speaking of, they can get away with asking $20 for a skin because they've made an amazing game and have millions of players. This game is a cheap knock-off of WoW and GW and the prices in the zen shop should reflect that. $6 for respec? I'd rather buy a new champ in League thanks...
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dbosko wrote: »
    League of Legends is f2p, no amount of money will make you any stronger than another player who spent $0. Speaking of, they can get away with asking $20 for a skin because they've made an amazing game and have millions of players. This game is a cheap knock-off of WoW and GW and the prices in the zen shop should reflect that. $6 for respec? I'd rather buy a new champ in League thanks...

Isn't that League game like a low budget starcraft, type... thing?
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • kerchaktickerchaktic Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If their goal, for example is to make $400.00 per mount. They only need to have 10 people buy it.

I am guessing the prices are based on an anticipated (estimated?) percentage of players that actually spend more than x amount of dollars. You would think that more people would buy a mount if the price was less, say $10 per mount, but maybe it doesn't average out that way?

10 sales x $40.00=400

40 sales x $10.00=400

100 sales x $4.00=400
  • jivundusjivundus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but anybody who is paying $40 for a virtual horse needs to seriously rethink their life. I don't care how much money you have, $40 for a virtual horse, virtual giant dog, flying magical butterfly, magical rainbow dustin hoffman, or whatever the heck else PWE dreams up is not an intelligent purchase.

People have been talking about spending 1000+ on Zen to play the astral diamond market and back in the old days people have paid 5000+ US for an account with a max level character. Wlcome to the real world where people throw thousands of dollars away every day on virtual items while turning up their nose at the McDonalds employee who ask you with you wish to donate a buck to a local charity.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So - the OP says they want to be UNIQUE. The OP balks at the prices set by Cryptic for Zen-Store mounts (which is the *value* they create for them) - meaning the OP wants the pricing reduced so more people can afford and thus obtain those mounts, which negates the UNIQUENESS of seeing those mounts in-game.

Cyclical oxymoronism in play. A.K.A. "Have cake. Eat it, too".

The pricing in the Z-Store is to place a *value* on those items AND prevent in-world "flooding" of those items. Had you seen what Neverwinter looked like during head-start you'd clearly understand. Every player had a mount, which was an identical spider and a Companion, which was an identical black Panther for two days. Then every mount was either an identical spider or an identical armored horse (with yellow saddle blanket) and all companions were either identical Panthers or identical Wolves. It was outright hilarious!

So which is it that is more important to you: "uniqueness" (directly relative to the price you pay) or the price you pay (directly relevant to the 'uniqueness' value diminishment)?

#Just Askin'
  • techknowizardtechknowizard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So when other games charge for mounts and pets people rush to go buy it and that's ok, but when this game, a F2P game, dose it it's not ok?
    edited May 2013
    So when other games charge for mounts and pets people rush to go buy it and that's ok, but when this game, a F2P game, dose it it's not ok?

They're more complaining about the price, not the action. The entire battle is akin to these... people... going to a nice restaurant and complaining that the wine is too expensive, but refusing the leave and go to McDonalds where they belong.
    gwhEUci.png
  • deputydog007deputydog007 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Price for a Porsche is high and unfair as well. They sell luxury items to the rich. Deal with it. its human nature.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just gonna say this here...

A high end mount in Neverwinter is what...$30-$40?
    And a special mount in World of Warcraft is $25. Ontop of your $15 sub fee.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Who cares about the freaking mount...I'm more concerned that wardstones are necessary for enchantments past rank 5.

I would say the OP who was complaining about the price of mounts.
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Just gonna say this here...

A high end mount in Neverwinter is what...$30-$40?
    And a special mount in World of Warcraft is $25. Ontop of your $15 sub fee.

WoW has TONS, and i mean TONS, of mounts you can buy with actual Gold. Not every mount is bought through cash shop. You can buy any epic mount with gold. WoW has the content to justify a sub, so stop comparing the two.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    on the other hand, i think its not too bad if the mounts are expensive...otherwse you would see everyone running around with an armored bear mount, and how realistic ist that? would kinda kill the atmosphere
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    I don't know that it's new, but it's true. It's a one time purchase for the fastest speed you can go on all your characters.

A one time purchase that can buy me another AAA title. This business model is disgusting to watch, so many walking wallets stripped of their money for pixels at unreasonable prices.
    edited May 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    A one time purchase that can buy me another AAA title. This business model is disgusting to watch, so many walking wallets stripped of their money for pixels at unreasonable prices.

Then go buy those games.
    gwhEUci.png
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lucidp2k wrote: »
    Then go buy those games.

Seriously, give me one good reason why you whiners are still here?
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But there are so many other games that have the cash shops right, why not start there? it's less whining you have to do to see the game go in YOUR direction.