test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow marked as a spammer when i trying to sell gears (blues)..

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
then got marked as spam and cant chat for 24 hours that really pisses me off cause i cant sell anything without people knowin and also did only said once about server maintance prob got muted for that >.<
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• sherkkkansherkkkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use AH

/10 chars
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if players report you they give you the 24 hour ban
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But prefer to let people know whats going up on AH but now i cant communicate with my guild when they try to chat to me they think im ignoring them and same for my friends i level up with also and also PvP groups aswell seriously some people have rude manners and mute for fun >.<
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    if players report you they give you the 24 hour ban

Yes falsely 24 hour chat ban acually i only said 2 thing and boom muted :( didnt spam at all
  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Then don't spam chat with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If people are looking for an item they'll go to the AH.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah but WHAT if the items not there then you have to ask people then ?
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    But prefer to let people know whats going up on AH but now i cant communicate with my guild when they try to chat to me they think im ignoring them and same for my friends i level up with also and also PvP groups aswell seriously some people have rude manners and mute for fun >.<

Obviously there are a group of people preferring you to keep your items out of chat and in the auction house. I have my general chat turned off. I can't stand a constant wall of text of low caliber insight.
  • alexbmfalexbmf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use AH. the end
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    Actually, being simply /ignored by enough people also makes you silenced.

This is how this system works. Ignore=report in terms of effects on you.

Do this is a flawed system? Yes.

Do it will be ever fixed/removed? No. Never.

System is in place in CO and STO for a long time. Do it is abused? Yes. Frequently.

But since it can't be removed (chat and account servers are the same for STO/CO/NWO so you can't remove system from only one game), either be used to it, do not use Trade and Zone chats in any Cryptic game, or quit the game.

Your choice, really.
    edited May 2013
    But still how am i gonna chat to my guild mates and my friends they need my rogue for dungeons runs after maintance and now i cant communicate in guild chat or pvp or ANYTHING even if i want something or LFG i cant cause idiots muted me for lousy 2 messages in /zone >.< **** chat abused what i call it
  • pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't stand a constant wall of text of low caliber insight.

Low? That's more caliber than what I have been seeing. Must be the time I log in :p
  • ninjajoeninjajoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The way you are talking on the forums with your caps and ****. I can't really imagine how accurate your story is. I see many items and lfg texts posted several times in the span of 1min. Just don't spam and people won't report. Not sure if theres a trade channel but I think some people have made one people can join.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Chat spammers do irritate me and I do report the ones that spam *My xx Nightmare boxes for your key* over and over and OVER.

I do understand why people try to sell things in chat though, the auction house is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. All the people saying "Use the AH" should go try that. The level filters dont work worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and with the 400 item limit unless you know the exact name of what your looking for browsing the AH is just plain irritating.

Hoping they fix the filters here soon.

If the OP made a couple of yells, thats all good. If he's one of the people that spams it 15 times so it fills my chat box, deserved. We'll never know which was the case, but the "use the AH" comments are not helpful in its current condition.
    edited May 2013
    I never spam 15 times at all (which is true most MMO's iv played) and also only spam like 2-3 times and that it i go on my way
  • drpallisadedrpallisade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    If there is one thing i really cannot stand while trying to talk / look or generally watch some zone chats is the blue and purples being shown, yes they are nice and fancy but they look fancy on the Auction house as well that's why we have one :)
    Castle Dunsmere
    edited May 2013
    If there is one thing i really cannot stand while trying to talk / look or generally watch some zone chats is the blue and purples being shown, yes they are nice and fancy but they look fancy on the Auction house as well that's why we have one :)

AH System is broken dude cant find certain gears without going through 400's of em to find the right one hence why we have to spam UNTIL AH gets fixed
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how all mmos have people complaining about being unfairly muted/banned/whatever.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No one likes reading:

"Selling [Something] and [Anotherthing]. PST w/ offer. Thx!"
    Omg I love this game so much!
    Yeah NW is awesome
    Hey everyone where is the AH?
    Why are rouges so OP????
    They are no OP!
  • ninjajoeninjajoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also only spam like 2-3 times <--- Exactly why you are reported.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about being proactive once you get your chat back. Create a "Trade" channel; anytime you see someone auctioning an item in general chat, send them a tell to let them know about the channel. Also once every 30 mins or so announce it's existence in general chat. Believe me, people who actually are interested in buying items don't want to fight with the wall of text in general chat, and a player made trade channel can work very well. (I am assuming you can set permissions to public for chat channels)(I guess I'm also assuming we can create custom channels)
    edited May 2013
    Well that chat abused gold spammers spams like 5-6 times before they go away i spam like 2-3 times per 2-4 mins
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suppose that means it is time to start up a Trade channel in NW like there is in CO just so people can have their spammy Zone chat of people complaining or asking where something is so the sellers can sell without having to spam to keep up.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    The AH is absolutely awful to try to browse. I hate it, and I don't mind seeing people selling their stuff in general chat. I've bought a few things there and I had one guy selling some cool stuff for gold, which I thought was really cool. The "mute" system sucks. It's a good idea, just bady executed because of the high level for abuse.

We need to try to get the community on board with a trade channel. (or there needs to be on put in the game that everyone auto joins and can leave if they want)
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remember that Cryptic games share Custom Chat channel names, so try to name the Trade Channel with a designation to seperate it from the other games. Also let me know if you start one and I can add it to my forum post and foundry about custom channels.
    edited May 2013
    True maybe NWO Trade :P
  • drpallisadedrpallisade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    AH System is broken dude cant find certain gears without going through 400's of em to find the right one hence why we have to spam UNTIL AH gets fixed

Err thanks for that "dude" lol

You can easily search on the AH using the "usable by me" yes it does have some below lvl items but you can find them, if you cant then thats your own fault as I have been finding items no problem so far.

You are admitting spamming now and going to continue to do so....

oh and you "don't" have to spam you want to it seems.
    Castle Dunsmere
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    I already said it days ago, they need a trade channel. That way if people get banned for spamming in main chat, you got it coming.
  • wctp0wackowctp0wacko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's something you need to be more aware of in the future. MMO players tend to shoot first and ask questions later. Use the auction for low to mid range value items. Other than that, just level and get to the next level.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I am sorry to hear this but account related issues can't be discussed on the forums. These matters are best to be handled in private to prevent flame posts and any further issues.

Again I am truly sorry to hear you had this issue and feel free to contact support.
This discussion has been closed.