test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

one thing that truly makes pvp p2w

Comments

• tyestortyestor Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Today people realise that F2P games are more expensive to play than subscription games. Most of the time. Look to GW2/GW1 for a good F2P business model (sans initial cost). They sell bank slots, character slots and costumes + a bunch of spell unlock packs (not really relateable to NW) that can be easily gotten in game.
    Tyestor - Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    the tenebrous enchant - which i believe can be added to every gear slot not just weapon or armor - has no cooldown.

It goes into a offensive slot. The lesser has a whooping 1%, then 2% or you could slot a rank 5 120 critical strike or a rank 6 150 critical strike enchantment in the same place.

Here a test over 2min with one lesser tenebrous slotted casting MM (AH cost ~18k astral diamonds)

nw_enchant_dps23rk3j.jpg

So what would you do, stacking crit chance or add this proc. :rolleyes:
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »
    It goes into a offensive slot. The lesser has a whooping 1%, then 2% or you could slot a rank 5 120 critical strike or a rank 6 150 critical strike enchantment in the same place.

Here a test over 2min with one lesser tenebrous slotted casting MM (AH cost ~18k astral diamonds)

nw_enchant_dps23rk3j.jpg

So what would do, stacking crit chance or add this proc. :rolleyes:

the normal and greater tenebrous do substantially more damage than the lesser, and heal yo uas well.

in addition if you are using a cat you are not necessarily gettin gthe most out of that 120 crit or recovery due to DR. once you hit 3k in a stat it's time to stop. only power does not have diminishing returns but it takes a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TON of it to make a difference (Unles you are a gwf)

if i unslot all of the 120 crit and recovery enchants from my gear right now i would still be well over 3k on both stats on my cleric. fitting the greater tenebrous (4% i believe it is - each) would be a greater dps buff
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE makes pay-to-win games, that's just nature of their business model. Generally they don't put the pay-wall there until end-game, but when you get far enough the content - even PvE content - eventually becomes unbeatable without dipping into cash shop (although this hasn't really been as big an issue in STO and CO, as opposed to say the original Perfect World MMO). PvP is milked more heavily, because by nature the serious PvP players are competitive, and more likely to pay higher sums to have an edge.

It's the kind of business model I won't support, and so I refuse to put a single dime into any PWE title. It's still a nice enough game until you get to the endgame, so my advice would be to just play it at more casual pace, and move on when you hit the pay-wall. What comes to the game itself, it'll survive. There are enough people who will use the cash shop. In my opinion the business model is abusive and immoral, but it works - it has been proven to work time and again in PWE games. You just need to decide where you stand regarding it, and then act accordingly.
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am used to the pay-out-your-butt business model that has overtaken Cryptic games since PWE's takeover, but this is really too much. They need to re-evaluate their pricing and how many things they are incentivizing real money on. I can deal with $20 reclaimable mounts. I can't deal with $160 endgame min/maxing. Wish I knew about this before I dropped $200 on the game.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • kaedan69kaedan69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope in two months when only the whales and morons are left due to the idiotic prices in cash shop, they have fun poking eachother with overpowered weapons and long ques. Once people get late game and realize they will have to sell thier house in order to compete at any sort of endgame, they will leave in droves.
  • v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    kaedan69 wrote: »
    I hope in two months when only the whales and morons are left due to the idiotic prices in cash shop, they have fun poking eachother with overpowered weapons and long ques. Once people get late game and realize they will have to sell thier house in order to compete at any sort of endgame, they will leave in droves.

As it stands, that's what the future holds for this game sadly...

The ironic thing is that even if PW started charging $1000 for gear/enchants you would still have people defending their P2W bull**** because "you don't have to pay you can just farm 100'000'000'000'000'000 AD lel xD"
    edited May 2013
    kaedan69 wrote: »

Many, perhaps most, will leave when faced with end-game, but that's not really relevant to what PWE needs to make the game profitable. What they need is new people coming into the game. The people that make it profitable (along with those who spend grands into engame of course, whom are a major source), are the new players that evaluate the cash shop and decide along the lines: 'If I make two characters, I buy one mount for the account, and one decent companion.. perhaps two for the main.. and two bags for both.. that's about $200. Expensive, but then I'm good for as long as I want. It's not like I couldn't afford it, the game looks and feels pretty nice, and it got good reviews'.

So they fork over $200, and play the game. In a month or two they'll start hitting the end-game, and come across the fact that the $200 was just the starter pack. At that point, most of them will probably give up. They may or may not linger for a while, that's really irrelevant, most people won't pay up more. But even if they leave, they still paid about $100 / month for the game. Not a bad deal for the service provider. As long as that cycle keeps rolling, the game will do fine, even if substantial number of people rage-quit after a couple months.

Also, currently the ZEN-AD conversion creates this bizarre kind of economy, that allows people to become providers for the whales - especially those who bought the 2,000,000 AD pack. Since the auction system runs on AD, the people who managed to rush ahead towards end-game can sell the higher end loot for good profits. Whales will need to acquire AD in order to purchase that gear, and the way to gain it is to buy ZEN and convert this to AD. This AD is paid back to people who farm the end-game gear, allowing them to again convert that AD back to ZEN, and so forth. Some of the AD will be eaten up with 'time saving features' in crafting, companion training, and just in purchase of teleport scrolls, ID scrolls and other items. On the other hand more will be farmed by people who are desperate enough and have no access to high tier end-game loot.

In essence it creates a system where you can sell high end loot for ZEN, with the AD acting as a medium. It's going to likely get more difficult in near future though, as the endgame starts to get saturated. Content upgrades will rejuvenate the system somewhat, by introducing a power-creep that again creates needs for whales and opportunities for people who manage to stay in the high-tier end-game.

It's a system that will work for whales and hardcore gamers, but won't be very feasible for more casual gamers. Casual gamers will probably last for that couple months, then hit the wall and move on. It's also going to be more difficult even for hardcore gamers who join later on.

So it's certainly a pay-to-win system, because a few grands can buy you pretty much anything in the game.. but it's also possible to make do without forking out enormous sums if you are really dedicated hardcore gamer.

Personally I think the smart thing to do with the 2,000,000 pack might be to use the AD to buy ZEN once the conversion ratio hits somewhere around 250-300 maybe, and offer the enchanted keys for sale to pull in more AD at cost that is perhaps 15-20% cheaper than what you'd have to pay if you converted AD to ZEN and bought from the shop. This would create a situation where people would want to buy ZEN and convert it to AD (which you would then reap) to buy the keys from auction rather than cash shop. Ultimately you'd end up trying to get the most value you can out of your AD in conveting it to ZEN - which is the more stable currency.. and ZEN is what you'll end up needing in the end-game anyway. The gear you can farm, but the enchant boosters in cash shop you can't. In the end I imagine you might end up with around 15,000 or so ZEN, less than the value of the 2,000,000 pack, but you'd still have the other extras that came with it, so it's kind of a break-even thing.
  • warscreamerwarscreamer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I mean they can stack one kind of armor enchant on multiple armors. But people are right saying this is a rogue thing, since they wield two 'weapons' they'll get two of these super stones.

Wrong only our mainhand can get weapon enchantment, off hand cannot.

Dont take this the wrong way but many ppl bash to much on TR about being op wich sickens me, yes we have 2 abilities that is op and should get nerfed, to fix the insane burst of both.

they are basicly 2 click kills,if really well geared against somone that dont got to good gear it the other one can also oneshot.

i have done 90% dmg to a clearic with it however he wasnt that well geared i suppose(but i dont got the ultimate gear yet thou)

Problem is nerf our 2 insane nukers buff other abilities/fix them example make our feat tree better and other branches right now its pretty awful branches and they are to gimmicky, for both pve and pvp to serve any purpose.

Plus they should remove godamn cylinder attackmoves(attackmoves that has 3 attack cast) and instead make it instant and reduce its damage.

As range i would accept it but on melee it is just soooooo stupid.

knockback in pve blinking moving bosses ruins it nomatter how good you are in mmo/pvp its just makes the useless.

and TR aint the only class that is melee that has this Guardian has the asme problem.

they have a 5 cylinder attack.

cylinders should get removed, atleast from melee if they wanna do somthing their own style i get it, i do but this just ruins it, both for pve and pvp.

Dualist fury is our best dps ability(yes even better than any other ability hands down)

Problem is i hate long castingtime and since i cannot do even Close to the damage in pvp(i know SE is op i am not complanining)

Im just saying lowering dualist fury to direct attack bleed)

not a cycle attack things like these should been given to ranged classes becuse they are not limited in same way or hurt them like for melee.

also we have many spells that are complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Balancing this out would make you see more diverse builds in pvp/pve.

no one uses dualist fury in pvp as TR for the reason of it being absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

also glooming cut to long casting time, however if it had same as flourish it would be op as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> instead lower its dmg add it as an execute maybe deal 5% more damage to target if its below 60% hp and reduce its damage(base) to be closer to flourish, same thing to dualist flurry reduce the bleeed damage.

make it Place 2 bleed stacks per hit. and reduce bleed and attack damage.

as i said this is not just TR this goes for Guardian aswell.

and OT: about the weapon enchantments yes this is p2w not only that you gotta be logged on 7 Days in a row to get one of these CHESTs aswell wich is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> option,basicly they force you to be a nolifer.

i wont spend Money on this game yet, its open beta i wanna how pve and pvp goes if we will see arenas, better pve more mechanics.

Maybe raids and stuff like that then, i will throw some dimes at this game, but also i wont buy stuff to buff my character i will buy cosmetic stuff to show my Gratitude to an awsome game it is.

and that p2w model with weapon and armor enchantments makes me sick right now, if they where so fast to adress the error on foundry i am wondering how could they slip this one thru and not noticed it yet?
    edited May 2013
    (snip lots of stuff)
    and that p2w model with weapon and armor enchantments makes me sick right now, if they where so fast to adress the error on foundry i am wondering how could they slip this one thru and not noticed it yet?

Becasue the p2w isn't an error, it's business model. It's what makes people pay large sums of money, and that brings revenue to company running the game.

What comes to cylinder moves and long cast times, I imagine it's designed to act so that you can dodge out of way of the stronger moves - even if you have a bit of latency. It probably makes it feel frustrating for the one doing the attacks, but I think it's probably working as intended. The purpose would be to make it so the defender will have to evaluate if the move is worth spending stamina to get out of it's way, or to take the hit.. and for attacker to wear out the stamina of the defender, and then subsequently get in the hits. That's what I assume at least. It would mean the attacks should be designed so that you can get away from them with dodge move, and a little bit of skill and reaction.. but would be caught if you are out of stamina, and have to walk away normally.
  • okropniakokropniak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okitsunega wrote: »
    PWE makes pay-to-win games, that's just nature of their business model. Generally they don't put the pay-wall there until end-game, but when you get far enough the content - even PvE content - eventually becomes unbeatable without dipping into cash shop (although this hasn't really been as big an issue in STO and CO, as opposed to say the original Perfect World MMO). PvP is milked more heavily, because by nature the serious PvP players are competitive, and more likely to pay higher sums to have an edge.

It's the kind of business model I won't support, and so I refuse to put a single dime into any PWE title. It's still a nice enough game until you get to the endgame, so my advice would be to just play it at more casual pace, and move on when you hit the pay-wall. What comes to the game itself, it'll survive. There are enough people who will use the cash shop. In my opinion the business model is abusive and immoral, but it works - it has been proven to work time and again in PWE games. You just need to decide where you stand regarding it, and then act accordingly.

sigh... rly bad news... each game which looks great has something wrong with end-game :(
    was wondering to buy few things but now... I'll wait till 60, check what's there and then make decission... stay or leave and wait again for something better... Elder's Scroll? no idea :(
  • turqoisezturqoisez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i find it funny how most people start complaining about the millions of AD you're gonna need to transfer to zen, but have absolutely no clue how easy it is atm to make AD in this game.I bet not even half of the people in this topic have reached 60 yet or havent done any epic dungeons whatsoever because if you did, you would know that pretty much 1 epic item (wich drops pretty much every run) can sell from a 100k AD to pretty much 300-500k AD *depending on wich server you're playing on*.

So stop complaining get you're *** to lvl 60 or start doing epic dungeons and farm that ad.

p.s and i havent even mentioned the prices on the enchants you can find in the dungeons those make a ****load of ad aswell.

problem solved im out
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Here comes our northern heroes telling us to grind or lose!
    edited May 2013
    Here comes our northern heroes telling us to grind or lose!

may i ask you what you're planning to do on endgame ?? cuz its pretty much dungeons or pvp

btw tell me 1 mmo that doesnt have a little bit of grinding to get you're gear. tell me 1 game that you dont have to kill this monster so many times or do this dungeon that many times to get the gear you wanted so much, i would really like to know.

if you're gonna do those epic dungeons why not save up some AD :O omg amazing idea right ?? i know
  • okropniakokropniak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    turqoisez wrote: »
    i find it funny how most people start complaining about the millions of AD you're gonna need to transfer to zen, but have absolutely no clue how easy it is atm to make AD in this game.I bet not even half of the people in this topic have reached 60 yet or havent done any epic dungeons whatsoever because if you did, you would know that pretty much 1 epic item (wich drops pretty much every run) can sell from a 100k AD to pretty much 300-500k AD *depending on wich server you're playing on*.

So stop complaining get you're *** to lvl 60 or start doing epic dungeons and farm that ad.

p.s and i havent even mentioned the prices on the enchants you can find in the dungeons those make a ****load of ad aswell.

problem solved im out

I feel angry each time I see ppl who're giving their own personal opinion with "problem solved" comment...
    Sometimes it's better to read other ppl posts and decide if game is or isn't worth to lvl up, so leveling till 60 could be even waste of time... still hope no, as I decided to check how it'll works on 60 but still...

problem solved - rotfl....
    edited May 2013

problem solved im out

Somebody doesn't understand basic economics.

If, indeed, AD is as easy to obtain as you claim it is, then it will drive the price of Zen up thereby negating your argument that it's easy to get Zen without paying.

You realise that the Zen-AD exchange rate is entirely player driven don't you?

Also, 500'000 AD for epic gear? I've never come across that. Most epics sell for about 50k from what I've seen and I imagine the price will drop even further as more and more people acquire them by clearing endgame content.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    may i ask you what you're planning to do on endgame ?? cuz its pretty much dungeons or pvp

if you're gonna do those epic dungeons why not save up some AD :O omg amazing idea right ?? i know

I don't PvE at all in this game, it isn't exciting and in fact I find it horribly lazy. If I wanted to fight mobs of adds on every boss encounter I'd play Diablo. The PvP in this game however was very fun till I discovered the prices people can pay for extreme advantages.
    edited May 2013
    v1510n5 wrote: »
    Somebody doesn't understand basic economics.

If, indeed, AD is as easy to obtain as you claim it is, then it will drive the price of Zen up thereby negating your argument that it's easy to get Zen without paying.

You realise that the Zen-AD exchange rate is entirely player driven don't you?

Also, 500'000 AD for epic gear? I've never come across that. Most epics sell for about 50k from what I've seen and I imagine the price will drop even further as more and more people acquire them by clearing endgame content.

the funny thing is the ad to zen rates are actually dropping and about the gear i think you need to look around you're ah a little more and also look for the enchants AND i also mentioned its based on wich server you're on.

and of course the prices are gonna drop when more people get it .. but there will always be gear that wil not be easily obtainable to the more casual players or the pvpers so those will always sell for alot, especially those particular enchants that pretty much makes you hit like a truck that everyone would want in pvp.
    edited May 2013
    I don't PvE at all in this game, it isn't exciting and in fact I find it horribly lazy. If I wanted to fight mobs of adds on every boss encounter I'd play Diablo. The PvP in this game however was very fun till I discovered the prices people can pay for extreme advantages.

there always were mmo's where you needed to do a little pve for that 1 item wich wrecks people in pvp so if you dont like pve at all or dont have the will to get some of those enchants/gear pieces well then tough luck dude
    edited May 2013
    The thing is, I don't think anyone would be complaining about this P2W bull**** if it didn't affect PvP.

Nobody would care if someone does more DPS on a bossfight because he bought the best enchants with Zen. But that kind of **** has no place in a competitive environment.

It's a shame because PvP in this game is a lot of fun. But I don't really feel like breaking out my credit card every few months to buy the latest imba enchant. Nor do I feel like grinding for hours on end just to be able to play the part of the game that I enjoy.

Oh well... There's always the Foundry I suppose. I really hope they fix some of the issues with that.
    edited May 2013
    its not a personal opinion its a FACT farming for AD is so easy its dumb. and i advise you to keep playing to 60 because its alot of fun, stop looking at these p2w topics and enjoy the game, find yourself a guild that does epic dungeons or ffs pug them if you really have to and get yourself some ad so you can get yourself some stuff you really want.

there and now im done
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    its not a personal opinion its a FACT farming for AD is so easy its dumb. and i advise you to keep playing to 60 because its alot of fun, stop looking at these p2w topics and enjoy the game, find yourself a guild that does epic dungeons or ffs pug them if you really have to and get yourself some ad so you can get yourself some stuff you really want.

there and now im done

Those items will only get cheaper, and cheaper. As stated before, you don't seem to understand how it works. And have on more than one occasion just dragged the thread further down by resorting to the usual bad attitude and lack of manners.

And before you start spouting the usual "I'm sick of the whining" how about you do what those with issue do when we read a bad post that doesn't help our arguments one iota. And ignore them... chances are they're just trolling anyways.

also, just to add, aside from repeatedly grinding the dungeons for a drop that you can sell, that also means you need a group of folks to run it with regularly, that have the instances on farm, and that you all agree to gear up then sell the surpluss by way of rolls. So pugs are out of the question on that one, this kind of "solution" is never really optimal is it? and the payment alternative, is too steep.

PWE couldn't honestly be showing that they're a "whaling" publisher any more if they tried. And whaling is abhorrent.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess chainsaws arnt P2W at cutting trees down, when your hatchet can still technically, EVENTUALLY, chop down a great cedar tree. Wow when you look at it that way, theirs no such thing as p2w in any game \o/

QFT well said.
  • edolambertoedolamberto Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is a P2W game
    the end
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Richy rich here, and I just laugh at all the whiners who have no money to support the game. Savages like br's
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • hatiskhatisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope PvP is somewhat balanced (simply by means of forcing absolutely equal stats for everyone in PvP encounters) for Gauntlgrym. I really do.

That being said, it won't be. They'll probably add even more bonuses, stats, etc, from enchantments and similar things. Say what you will, this game is P2W. The game could really prosper under a less greedy microtransaction model though, I hope someone at PWI realizes this.

Yeah I know, fat chance. :D
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the sense behind Competitive (PvP) D&D?
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know whos fault it is? Perfect world. Cryptic wouldn't have made it like this if it was just them still.

It's a perfect game world, published by an imperfect company.
    My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually my issue is how HUGE of an advantage these enhancements give. I don't mind if someone has a ton of cash to burn, hey it's their prerogative. But creating such a HUGE performance gap between those that can and those that won't/can't pay, is ludicrous.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    It is ludicrous but it's equally ludicrous to expect competitive PVP from a game like this. It is P2Win. Just get used to it. Pay2Win doesn't work in PVP so there's no point in holding out hope that the PVP in this game will ever be good.