test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any word on first content adjustment / addition patch?

madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So far all the patches and downtime have been addressing exploits and networking issues. There remain, however, substantial bugs with the content itself as well as some clear needed reworking of the basic class abilities and outright bizarre tradeskill entries.

I would honestly have expected some of the most egregious issues to have been fixed by now (such as the skirmish whose end boss has hit points that are an order of magnitude too high, the dungeons which are missing end chests, several class abilities which simply do nothing and which should never have made it past an alpha review etc)

Now that the 'server stress' part of the Open Beta seems to have run its course what about the rest of the things needed for a "live" game?
Post edited by madqhue on

Comments

• sherkkkansherkkkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im curious about an official release date . Anything mentioned about it?
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There's been no communication by developers at all, whatsoever on anything of this matter. No dev diaries, no "thanks for spending a lot of money on our open beta: here's some things to look forward to..", nothing.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's been no communication by developers at all, whatsoever on anything of this matter. No dev diaries, no "thanks for spending a lot of money on our open beta: here's some things to look forward to..", nothing.

I've been looking all over the forums for something like this, and posting like crazy about several bugs that really need fixed, like music/sounds not working in Foundry missions, or the search feature in the Foundry being broken. I'd really like to have some confirmation that new content is on the way, and that these bugs are going to be fixed soon. As of now, I'm losing confidence in the developers fast because these bugs have gone unfixed for so long. From what I hear about STO's foundry it could be months or even years before they fix the music.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I've been looking all over the forums for something like this, and posting like crazy about several bugs that really need fixed, like music/sounds not working in Foundry missions, or the search feature in the Foundry being broken. I'd really like to have some confirmation that new content is on the way, and that these bugs are going to be fixed soon. As of now, I'm losing confidence in the developers fast because these bugs have gone unfixed for so long. From what I hear about STO's foundry it could be months or even years before they fix the music.

Hey, don't worry. We got two identical bears for $30 and $40 instead!
  • vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, they have for sure ALOT of issues to adress, so lets be patient, its still a beta as you know.
    edited May 2013
    vylker wrote: »
    Well, they have for sure ALOT of issues to adress, so lets be patient, its still a beta as you know.

Do betas normally have fully functioning cash shops with things that get added to it while the game is still considered a beta?
  • vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That has nothing to do with the upcoming patches/fixes, nobody's working for free
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do betas normally have fully functioning cash shops with things that get added to it while the game is still considered a beta?

Alot do yeah, when its open beta with no character wipes.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In case people haven't noticed, they have been patching like mad, every day or every other day some times. I'm betting their focus is on bugs right now, things that take less time or are easier to patch are done faster, and the bigger issues are going to take longer, obviously. They also just added a few things to the store, doesn't matter if you care about them or not, it's a sign that there is the possibility of more stuff added to the game generally once a week or so.

Be patient, stuff is coming, new classes, race, etc.
  • elspethtirelnwelspethtirelnw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's nice that they are addressing major bugs and exploits, but I do feel that they should start making adjustments to broken and ineffective class feats. Some minor power balancing here and there couldn't hurt either, I mean it is still an "open beta"...

My desired tree for GWFs, Sentinel, is effectively broken and useless at this time... I've spent more than my fair share of respecs and money trying to make it work. I think it's up to the devs to realize that it's time to start addressing some of these issues. I don't need it fixed tomorrow, but at least post and confirm that it is a known issue.

:mad: It's just a bit frustrating... and worst of all, my opinion is the minority despite the tree CLEARLY being described as a threat generating off-tank in game. It's likely it may never get fixed, although I suppose it's nice that the itemization is there and mocking me on all of my T2 epic runs. Sadly, I can't use the gear since I'm currently forced into a DPS spec to be remotely useful.

That's my rant for the day. ;)

I will say though, I do love playing this game. I just want to see serious issues to feats and class roles addressed. The balancing issues can slowly be handled over time. I really do want to see this game succeed and last for years to come.
    | Banners of the Light | Recruitment is open | End Game PvE and PvP |
    | Lust | Level 60 Guardian Fighter 15.8k GS|
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sherkkkan wrote: »
    Im curious about an official release date . Anything mentioned about it?

My money's on May 31st - that will be the 60-Day threshold of "no Drow for sixty days" and it will be two months since open beta went live, giving ample time to quash as many bugs as possible.

OP: There are so many Devs to work on this stuff. Therefore all bugs, fixes, additions, features, *everything* must be prioritized and tackled in that order or priority. So far it seems to me their list of priorities is accurate in terms of importance.
  • unclesteroidunclesteroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My money's on May 31st - that will be the 60-Day threshold of "no Drow for sixty days" and it will be two months since open beta went live, giving ample time to quash as many bugs as possible.

May 31st would be one month after release of OB, not 2 months.