test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LOL new Diablo 3 gold exploit just killed D3, forums are going bananas

urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770118014

go general discussion to see all the threads lol. this is hilarious. if they dont rollback D3 will be ****ed
Post edited by urdefmad on

Comments

• creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > 12:00 a.m. PDT: At this time (and after careful consideration), we've decided to not move forward with rolling back the servers. We feel that this is the best course of action given the nature of the dupe, how relatively few players used it, and the fact that its effects were fairly limited within the region. We've been able to successfully identify players who duplicated gold by using this specific bug, and are focusing on these accounts to make corrections. While this is a time-consuming and very detailed process, we feel it's the most appropriate choice for us to make, and really what's in the best interest of the community. We know that some of you may disagree, and we respect that, but we feel that performing a full roll back would impact the community in an even greater way, as it would require significant downtime as well as revert the progress legitimate players have made since patch 1.0.8 was released this morning.

^They're doing the hard work and correcting it without affecting anyone else

(yes I know this doesn't belong here, but meh.. bashing other companies isn't cool either)
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People still play that? Not an insult, I'm genuinely surprised lol.
  • ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ouch - I play occassionally the D3. Its in my book pretty nice ARPG. I play with my friend, have all the classes covered and can enter to the inferno levels. :) Sad news, but those hackers are pretty clever in general, it was inevitable that something like this will happen - and so it did happen then. Did took quite long which is good for the publisher. But like said something like this was bound to happen.
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    more info on the situation:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8769578011

So for those confused on the matter I just wanted to explain what happened

Many people realized that they could dupe gold through a glitch in the auction house, this in turn gave them literally unlimited amount of gold at their disposal.

They were then taking this gold and buying thousands of radiant gems on the gold auction house - with little care as to how much they cost (because they had unlimited funds) and then selling them on the rmah for dirt cheap.. Those gems were being instant bought by traditional legit flippers who were taking advantage of the price arbitrage between the price of rmah gems to gold auction gems (came out to less than one cent per million)

The people buying gems legit on rmah were then selling the gems back to the dupers on the gold auction house - who would then repeat this process over and over and over

I knew something was horribly wrong even when radiant gems were at 50 mil.. because no one in their right might would actually buy them at this price.. No one that had a finite supply of gold at least. Even when the gems were at 100mil+ a piece it didnt matter because they could just create more gold on a whim..

They were doing nothing more than laundering their fake gold into real money.. The problem blizz has is that the duped gold is already injected into the economy.. banning the dupers wont fix anything, the damage is done - the only way to fix it is a roll back :-/

blizz confirmed they won't rollback so LOL
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. This is why RMAH is bull****. Glad I don't play anymore.
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Never bought it, each time I see some news from D3 it is bad news, gold exploit didn't killed the game, blizzard killed it with their p2w system.

<Memes removed as per RoC>
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oioleihihu wrote: »
    Blizzard killed it with their p2w system.

Shows just how much you know.. Lvl 60 Monk, no cash, stacks up there with anyone else in Hell/Inferno (just not yet able to do monster levels, because I haven't finished gearing/leveling (Paragon levels) it)
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah a few guys on Twitch got banned for duping last night.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats funny
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    <---Played D3 when it came out. Beat Inferno Diablo with 60 hours played on Monk before nerf. Wasn't very hard to beat the game legit. Sold all of my gear and banked $180 on B net account for future games. Called D3 done. :P