Install Arc
Options

AFK Glory Farmers.

2»

Comments

• Options
    argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any kind of voting or player kicking system will not solve the problem because:

1) Bots don't really care if they are sometimes kicked, they just queue up again and don't even get a real penalty in their points/time ratio
    2) You can't give a deserter debuff for getting kicked because then you will have trolls kicking everyone just to grief

Player action is not a good way to solve a botting problem. There needs to be an automaton of some sorts. Botting is a humongously widespread problem in many games and the solutions to it are many times inadequate.

That said, I do believe in harder measures agaisnt bots. This should be a game for humans, not automatons.
  • Options
    spondgebob1spondgebob1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardian named funzz, he's leeching since level 30 every game i've been when he's in my team he's afk, for the past 2-3 days. Reported him 3-4 times and he's still standing on campfire ...
    So NO they dont give a f#@k about leechers ...
  • Options
    thkrythkry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aendaeron wrote: »
    Idea: No more glory for finishing a PvP map, but instead:
    10 Glory for a kill
    5 Glory for a assist

(Domination only)
    5 Glory for successful capping

This will deter AFK farming because nothing to get from doing nothing.
    How about clerics? Would be a bit disappointing not getting any Glory. Also should show points healed in scoreboard or something like that.. or points healed / 1000 or something, that would be a nice improvement
  • Options
    tomcnytomcny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think there should be an automated system in place where once the match starts and if you go afk a timer counts down from 10-15 seconds or something and if it hits 0 then you get taken out of the match and you receive a debuff that last for 30 minutes or so. Within the pvp system the time it takes for you to be considered afk should be dramatically reduced as well (I am not sure how long it takes for you to be considered afk currently). Then the system would also auto populate the deserters.

The only ones that might get screwed are the people that legit need to step away from their computer, but then again real life problem should trump a 30 minute debuff...
  • Options
    choicestchoicest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Needs to be a temp-ban from atleast PvP for idle in match. If the penalty does not inhibit future PvP for the person then when bots come out for this game PvP is hosed. This is already a super prominent problem, see it about 1 out of 2 games. Sure when I am leader I kick the leechers but that doesn't change the fact that the game is un-even now and 9 other people are gonna be sitting around for 15 just watching a score bar fill. The PvP systems in this game have been awfully bad, I know it's a PvE game, but if you are gonna put in PvP you can not make the same stupid mistakes MMO and PvP games have been making then fixing for years, this stuff is not that complicated, hard or unexpected!
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    Its an objective based map. Kills shouldn't yield higher glory than doing the actual objective.

But I do like the idea behind it. This way AFKers get nothing.

There is nothing worse than having AFKers in your group and they are the leader so you cant kick them.

Not the best option as it promotes last hit play otherwise u dont get a fair reward. I hear u though. When i am lead i wait until almost the end of the match and kick them. So time wasted and no glory for them.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Guardian named funzz, he's leeching since level 30 every game i've been when he's in my team he's afk, for the past 2-3 days. Reported him 3-4 times and he's still standing on campfire ...
    So NO they dont give a f#@k about leechers ...

What is his @name and server. Add to ignore i saw
  • Options
    jajaexistiertjajaexistiert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fkn instanced f2p **** game, pwe is too dumb to build an open world mmo and even an afk kick timer, ****ing dumb**** company. why god why are so much noobs paying this fkn company, they should go broke. **** this **** game, learn to build open world games fkn noobs, bye. lol @ only one pvp mode fkn noobs.
  • Options
    saborwsaborw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guild Wars has it where you can report for leeching. There should be the exact same system here. It won't help you instantly but it'll keep them from re-joining queues for a while, and hopefully discourage them since actually playing will be more efficient than sitting there
  • Options
    choicestchoicest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 out of 3 games tonight had AFKers, once on the enemy team, twice on mine. Last night the ratio was probably closer to 1 out of 2 games, fortunately chivalry is almost done DLing. I'm done for now but since this thread needs a bump, bump.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they afk farm glory because without a pre-made they are unlikely to see beyond cragmire crypts epic.
  • Options
    rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    razeroze wrote: »
    if you're the party leader, right click their portrait and choose to kick them. if you're not party leader, then tough luck.
    After a kick, do you get another player or are you stuck with 4? If you don't get reinforcements then it doesn't solve the problem.
    At least in some cases they reported the offending players.
    How do you report a player?
    aendaeron wrote: »
    Idea: No more glory for finishing a PvP map, but instead:
    10 Glory for a kill
    5 Glory for a assist

(Domination only)
    5 Glory for successful capping

This will deter AFK farming because nothing to get from doing nothing.
    For the love of god please no.

I like the idea of Glory being granted for how much you contribute, but please don't base it on kills! People are already bad enough about vying for a high K/D ratio over actually winning the game.

Grant Glory for points earned, and grant more points for healing, tanking, capturing, CCing, and assists. I honestly believe Kills (specifically "last hits") shouldn't count for squat; grant points for Damage Dealt instead.
    8.jpg