test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount sucks in PvP

eliodora33eliodora33 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Do I really have to buy this game or pay alot of IRL cash to buy a faster mount? Im not some Friggin daddys boy who gets to use my dads credit card. But I see alot of people are. Should really people be faster than others in PvP scenarios. I usually get chased down instantly because I only have a 50% speed mount while others have 110%. This needs a change. Seriously.
Post edited by eliodora33 on

Comments

• victorjelmvictorjelm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree and they should disable mounting in PvP overall because the maps isn't that big.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahem. Do your dailies and get AD and upgrade your mount.

Don't have to pay any money.

Of course it will take you a couple weeks but then again, if you wanted it immediately you should have shelled out the money instead of whining about it.
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Ahem. Do your dailies and get AD and upgrade your mount.

Don't have to pay any money.

Of course it will take you a couple weeks but then again, if you wanted it immediately you should have shelled out the money instead of whining about it.

There should be "farming for weeks" when it comes to special lookin fancy mounts. Not regular plain horses, irrelevant of speed. It should be a lot cheaper
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really?

In that 800lb Gorilla MMO that I am sure you have heard of, it used to take several weeks to farm enough gold to have enough to use an epic mount during certain battlegrounds. The premise is the same here.
  • mazzeimazzei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think mounts should be disabled overall from PvP for the sake of better map balance. The subject is another one, here. Mounts and Portable Shrines too.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys realize WH had the same problem at launch , they eventually removed mounts from instances .
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    ya, mounts just need to be removed from the instances
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think mount is good for the domination, so it help you run back to the fight faster. If you run away, your ment to die so just fight till your dead of stay home with your mommy so you wont get hurt ! ;)
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    farm weeks for 1 special mount and get it as an account wide unlock.

Also to the guy that complained about losing a match because of mounts even tho they had more kills, blah blah blah.... I commonly win PvP matches in the <20 bracket even though not a single ally is in the top 5 in anything on the map. PvP is all about taking points and holding them, or taking points and moving on before the other team catches up. Ever play League of Legends? Last year there was a tourney that totally changed how I look at goal oriented PvP matches. So there was a game, professional teams.... one team was losing prety bad. They didn't have the gold, and were way down on kills. We are talking when most games go /surrender and re-queue. But the heros of this story were a professional team and wern't about to QQ all day. Instead they took tower after tower, dropped an inhib, killed the nexus and won.

I am so sick and tired of people that give up just because it looks bleak. In PvP I take the open point while my team 4v5's on the contested point. When people come for me, I do what a GWF does best, survive, ignore all your CC's and dish out jsut enough damage over a very long period of time that you don't get your point. Send 2 or 3 guys after me, and you lose center. go after my teams point, and ill keep yours and then take center. My teams generally lose on damage, kills, etc, but typically win cause people get so blinded by their stats, they can't figure out their stats don't matter a lick. I might get twice the deaths of anyone else, but us keeping you double and tipple capped the entire match, by having our point safe, center go back and forth, and your point under my control 80% of the time means we still win. And all that without a mount. If you got mounts I might not be as effective in taking your point from under you, so if anything you having even a slow mount would actually make it harder for me to pull these shenanigans than the mountless versions.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    I think mount is good for the domination, so it help you run back to the fight faster. If you run away, your ment to die so just fight till your dead of stay home with your mommy so you wont get hurt ! ;)

now this is one well thought out, constructive post.

and i agree with you, mounts are absolutely necesarry in this game PVP because maps are ... huge. Right?

People dont use it to get back to fight, but to bypass enemies quickly.

Let me fix your pvp cryptic -
    1) give exp based on personal contribution so we dont have 3 afkers per game,
    2) disable mounts for pvp and
    3) add diminishing returns to cc.

there, wasnt that hard was it.
    delgatto42 wrote: »
    farm weeks for 1 special mount and get it as an account wide unlock.

that wont fix a thing, it will just make more people use their mounts, and we'll end up with mario kart races instead of pvp arena.