test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any way to disable those 'so-and-so got a nightmare' messages?

immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You know, those orange text messages that flash on the middle of the screen telling me that someone I don't know got or did something not relevant to me. Whose idea was it to thrust these useless and annoying messages at us in the center of the screen? I'm assuming it's because someone somewhere got the bright idea to link a particular reward (or rewards) to the Admin message system, in which case the best thing would be to separate those rewards from that system and reserve it for things that are actually important/relevant to everyone.
Post edited by immortaltenzhi on

Comments

• l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not that I know of, they need to get rid of the Admin spam on my screen.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They will keep it spamming your screen as a constant reminder you can get that item buy buying keys to open the ****ty lockboxes that drop everywhere.
  • frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The intent is to entice you to buy keys. Don't expect those messages to go away.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should make it optional I agree, what I don't agree with is the current practice of sending hate tells to people who have won, it isn't the players fault that they are showing it.
    The intent is to entice you to buy keys. Don't expect those messages to go away.

They also started showing them when a ton of accusations, that no one was winning any epic items from the lockboxes started a few years back.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Untested, but you could try adding the admin bot to your ignore list to see if that works, and report each one as spam when they come up to send PWE a message of disapproval.
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    They will keep it spamming your screen as a constant reminder you can get that item buy buying keys to open the ****ty lockboxes that drop everywhere.
    That.
    /10 characters required.
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    Yes...there is soon....for 30.00 you can purchase an admin spam exclusion token.

Or......

They are considering only announcing it to people who dont also own that mount.

But....

Rest assured if there isnt a way for them to bilk some more money out of you to stop the messaging, it will continue.

and.......

This is exactly what you should expect from a F2P company whose efforts are more directed at you giving them money than advancing the game.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or just deal with the very minor annoyance. It is a f2p game you have to expect some level of annoyance with their trying to entice you to buy something.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lol admin spam exclusion token!
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    Or just deal with the very minor annoyance. It is a f2p game you have to expect some level of annoyance with their trying to entice you to buy something.

We'll be sure to tell PoE and LOL that they are doing it wrong.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zuluzuluto wrote: »
    This is exactly what you should expect from a F2P company whose efforts are more directed at you giving them money than advancing the game.

As opposed to the charity run mmos out there? Make no mistake that every company creating or advancing thei game are doing so with $$$$ in mind. They may take different approaches but the goals are the same.... that is profit maximization.
  • petraabellipetraabelli Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They might as well just give us a little message whenever someone buys zen it's the dumbest thing I've seen in a mmo for a long time. But here's another thing to think upon, those lock boxes can't be dropped or sold to vendors, how big do you think you can make a stack? If it's 100 a stack those lock boxes will become a serious problem filling up your inventory.
  • necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree there should be an option to disable those messages, can be annoying
    edited May 2013
    Yes...there is soon....for 30.00 you can purchase an admin spam exclusion token.

Or......

They are considering only announcing it to people who dont also own that mount.

But....

Rest assured if there isnt a way for them to bilk some more money out of you to stop the messaging, it will continue.

and.......

Already on the second account huh? Impressive.
    edited May 2013
    We'll be sure to tell PoE and LOL that they are doing it wrong.

I never claimed they were doing anything wrong. Doing it differently does not mean one is doing it wrong. Not being sucessful means you are doing it wrong. However based on the ridiculous number of mount messages I see.....they are sellong a ton of keys.

As a side note I am curious why all the pwe bashers that are so fond of LoL and PoE spend so much time on these boards rather than somrthing related to what they enjoy?
    edited May 2013
    As a side note I am curious why all the pwe bashers that are so fond of LoL and PoE spend so much time on these boards rather than something related to what they enjoy?

It's what Trolls do...
    edited May 2013
    They might as well just give us a little message whenever someone buys zen it's the dumbest thing I've seen in a mmo for a long time. But here's another thing to think upon, those lock boxes can't be dropped or sold to vendors, how big do you think you can make a stack? If it's 100 a stack those lock boxes will become a serious problem filling up your inventory.

Use a few of your brain cells and put them in auction at very low price. Suddenly inventory cleared up and you made a dew AD.
    edited May 2013
    I never claimed they were doing anything wrong. Doing it differently does not mean one is doing it wrong. Not being sucessful means you are doing it wrong. However based on the ridiculous number of mount messages I see.....they are sellong a ton of keys.

Yeah they are selling a ton, and that kind of flies in the face of "OMG game is dying because of cash shop" propaganda.
    As a side note I am curious why all the pwe bashers that are so fond of LoL and PoE spend so much time on these boards rather than somrthing related to what they enjoy?

Yeah I noticed that too, I would be really interested to see where those IP's were coming from. I'm not a Blizzard fan but I absolutely loved it when they started outing rival devs and Astroturfing firms on their forums...

In any event enjoy what you like don't spend time bashing another game just move on, unless it's your job to bash other games, in that case you're just a sleazeball anyway.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should make it optional I agree, what I don't agree with is the current practice of sending hate tells to people who have won, it isn't the players fault that they are showing it.

How is that happening? The messages only show the players name not the @handle.
    edited May 2013

You can mail them to your account and delete the message or let it expire. @accountname mail goes to all characters on your account so you could bank them on an alt, or mail destroy them, or try to get 150 or so AD each in the AH (vendor price is 200 so its going to be below that regardless). Just think of em as drop boxes with 100 AD in them, for now, tons of people buy them by the stack and then open em all day ( I have seen the same guy win a horse 4 times in a "row" in chat more than once (different guys, but 4 times winners at least 3 occasions).
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    How is that happening? The messages only show the players name not the @handle.

That's what I thought because I played STO and never heard of that, I received two when I got my GIM, and was reading where it happened to several people over on the massively web page, it's in the comment section of one of the articles.
  • egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They also started showing them when a ton of accusations, that no one was winning any epic items from the lockboxes started a few years back.

I love this guy....a few years back...really!? Because you were playing in pre-alpha?
  • immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The intent is to entice you to buy keys.

The effect is that I'm more annoyed by the boxes and if there was even the slightest chance I'd gamble away Zen on random nonsense it got killed by the annoyance.

Is it tied to the notification box while rearranging the HUD? If so that might offer a means to lessen the annoyance...
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    I love this guy....a few years back...really!? Because you were playing in pre-alpha?

Mr. Hawking,

PWE have used lockboxes for quite some time now.
  • egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The effect is that I'm more annoyed by the boxes and if there was even the slightest chance I'd gamble away Zen on random nonsense it got killed by the annoyance.

Is it tied to the notification box while rearranging the HUD? If so that might offer a means to lessen the annoyance...

No....afaik that is actually your "cast bar", they don't like to use the "Industry Standard" names, though.
    edited May 2013

If you thought to gamble.... I bought 15 keys and got 13 enchantment packs that had rank 5 enchantments / companion runes in them. The other 2, one had a 25% crafting speedup lacky and some worthless junk, and the other one had a higher tier crafting peon and some worthless junk. I used 4/5 of my AD for that... sigh. I was hoping for the companion, don't care about the wowarlock mount.
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    I was hoping for the companion, don't care about the wowarlock mount.

Actually The Nightmare is a copy of the one Jarlaxle gave Artimis in underdark, and that was written before WoW, in fact if anything Blizzard has plagiarized the FR and Salvatore for years.

Just sayin