test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion Runestones

killacaseykillacasey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi,

I was wondering if Lesser Indomitable Runestones stack on companions. I do not want to waste 100,000 astral diamonds to remove an extra if I put it on. :p
Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot protect themselves.
Post edited by killacasey on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You only "waste" the Astral diamonds if you "unequip" any rune stone. To "unequip" means to take it out and put back into your inventory. In most cases you won;t want to do this. Simply replacing a rune stone costs nothing - the the one being replaced is destroyed.

Here's the technique I follow: place the highest level rune I can find. Leave it there until I find (or fuse) a higher level better one to replace it. Then just replace it. The old one is useless so why spend AD to remove it? Just let it be destroyed as it's something you'll probably just throw away or sell off anyway.
  • killacaseykillacasey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did not know you could throw another runestone on top of one already in a slot to replace it, thank you for the insight.
    Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot protect themselves.
  • jarnulfjarnulf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This doesnt work anymore it seems. I just get message about discarding the stone i drag and drop. Confirm?
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jarnulf wrote: »
    This doesnt work anymore it seems. I just get message about discarding the stone i drag and drop. Confirm?
    You get that if you don't drop the runestone into the slot, but slightly outside it. FPS issues, stuttering mouse and trying to do things too fast are the usual causes of this.
  • glowyrmzglowyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my testing I would say yes, Indomitable runestones stacks on companions.

I'm not sure how any other runestones can compete with stacking being possible. I parsed my combat log and 1x Indomitable is about 12-15% of my companions total damage done, which means putting Indomitable on my companion is equal to about a +15% damage buff. That's really good. I don't think +300 of a stat will do that.

Adding a 2nd Indomitable runestone upped the damage to 18% of the total amount, which was ~22% increase to his damage. Adding a 3rd Indomitable turned out to be a ~33% damage increase, that's pretty huge.

On a slightly related note, a Tenebrous enchant on one of his pieces of gear was a 7% damage increase.

So is Indomitable runestones on companions an obvious choice that everyone is using or am I missing something?
    cROpbBa.png
  • ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    Its strange though, my tomb spider does 200+ damage per bite. I equipped it with an indomitable runestone that promises 20% over 3 seconds. If I interpret it as a total of 20% over 3 secs, that should give me 6.6% per tick, effectively yielding 14 damage AT LEAST. However, as i checked my log, all i got was a consistent 8(9) per second, and even when the spider leveled up and yields increased damage, its STILL 8(9). I thought only the Greater variant was bugged, but didnt know that even the normal one didn't work :(