test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UGC] - Dungeons of Dread - Official Feedback Thread

chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
This thread is for feedback on the Foundry Campaign Dungeons of Dread.

***UPDATE***

Created a Promotional Video for this campaign, it's a work in progress but this is the gist of it.

Clicky -> Dungeons of Dread Promo

Enjoy.

Netho'relak Saga - Prologue

Dungeons of Dread
NWS-DISAP2SA3

It appears that someone has set up a dungeon challenge in the Sword Coast and is calling out to all adventurers to come accept explore it's depths, to claim the riches that it may hold or meet your fate within. But, (there is always a but) all may not be as it seems, inside the dungeons lie a brewing back story that could cause you to lose your soul and forever change the all of Faerun!

Part 1: Crypts of Carnage NW-DQQDOB9CO

Someone is seeking brave adventurers of the Sword Coast to come test their mettle in what appears to be a dungeon to test one's skill. Could someone be mad enough to bet the lives of those looking for adventure in the name of fun and glory? The only way to find out is to gather your equipment, your companions and go see for yourself.

Quest Type: Hack and Slash/Dungeon Crawl/Light Story/Minor Exploration
Setting: Dungeon/Tavern
Difficulty: Group: Easy-Average - Solo: Average-Moderate (final boss hard)
Time to Complete: 15-20 Minutes
Level Suggested: 15+ (companion & potions are helpful)

Part 2: Labyrinth of Lunacy
NW-DJ9SX98WX

The second chapter in this campaign takes a turn as the Neverwinter Guard is asking for adventurers to investigate the Dungeons of Dread and Darius Red's newest dungeon, the Labyrinth of Lunacy. Seems Darius may be up to no good and the Guard wants more information, and by doing so you must enter the dungeon as a willing participant.

Quest Type: Combat/Story/Exploration
Setting: Dungeon/Human Interior/Tavern
Difficulty: Group: Average-Moderate - Solo: Moderate-Hard
Time to Complete: Approximately 40 Minutes
Level Suggested: 15+ (companion & potions are helpful)

This campaign is the prologue to a larger story which will introduce you to one of the story's major antagonist; Darius Red. It's starts off slow in chapter 1 with it focusing mostly on combat and then takes off in the follow up chapter to get you familiar with the larger back story which will continue in the next campaign:
The Circle of the Living Flame.

When providing feedback, I ask that you please the as detailed as possible with locations of glitches, bugs, typos, misspellings, encounters that need adjusting (harder/easier) etc... The more detail you can provide the easier it will to be to fix and help make this campaign an the follow up campaign(s) much more enjoyable for the players.

Here are some in game screen shots to give you an idea of what to expect. For all the screens associated with this campaign visit my imgur album here *Some of the images in the album represent an older version of the build.

DQ0Gp2l.jpg

Uh1aVdH.jpg

oqbKoQ2.jpg

P9b4HkZ.jpg

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the adventure.

-Chili
There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
Post edited by chili1179 on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Self Promotional Bump.

No Shame.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
    edited April 2013
    Created a promo video to go with this campaign. See first post.

For the lazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBkMEeRu1U8
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is my favorite dungeon and foundry people MUST play it, especially if you are considering making a dungeon. I just want to steal all of his great ideas! Easily a 5 star quest imo.
    edited April 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    This is my favorite dungeon and foundry people MUST play it, especially if you are considering making a dungeon. I just want to steal all of his great ideas! Easily a 5 star quest imo.

Thank you for the praise! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is a very well done dungeon totally a hark back to old days of D&D! dark and creepy the way I like it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
    edited April 2013
    Minor Update
    1. Fixed a few more typo/misspelled words.
    2. Fixed some default named interactables.
    3. Fixed placements of some interactables to better fit where they needed to be.
    4. Added a some minor cosmetic and ambiance objects.
    5. Added a quest node after the 3rd boss (Crypts of Carnage) to better inform players where to go after unlocking the crypt door (3rd door).

Again, thank you for playing.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Classic D&D, with some creepy encounters. Great play.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
    edited April 2013
    Another Minor Update (Quest 2)
    1. Made some visual improvements to the kitchen (gore).
    2. Added some flavor text to help with finding the brewmaster's door key.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is a must play all! First quest I played in Closed Beta and loved it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really enjoyed this. The setting was perfect. Great job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Love these dungeons. Looking forward to the next chapters.
    edited April 2013
    Thank you! Currently working on the next quest, should be soon(tm).
    edited April 2013
    Another Update to Crypts of Carnage
    1. Added more encounters because it just wasn't hack n slash enough for me.
    2. Reworked the 2nd boss (Cold Storage) and made it more difficult and more interesting (I think).
    3. Removed all dart and arrow traps until they are fixed.
    4. Removed all spike traps until they do not spam spikes and lock players in place leading to death in some cases.
    5. Replaced spike traps with saw blade traps.
    6. Placed an invisible wall in the Morgue so the quest trail would lead players the right direction and not through a solid wall.
    7. Currently trying to lighten up some of the darker areas without removing the fact that it's an underground crypt and those places are normally dark.
    edited April 2013
    Labyrinth of Lunacy Update
    1. Removed the spike trap and replaced it with a saw blade trap.
    2. Added a couple of encounters.
    3. Added a flavor piece.
    4. Fixed a spiderweb that was showing through a wall.
    5. Adjusted the lighting in some places.
    edited April 2013
    Bumping for OB Cras...I mean Launch
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This quest.....do it! It 'ill scare the bejezus out of ya!
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
    edited April 2013
    Minor Update to Labyrinth of Lunacy
    1. Made the quest easier to follow at some points.
    2. Changed some quest objectives to help players find where they should be. (sparkly trail)
    3. Added invisible walls to prevent trail from leading through solid objects/walls where the player cannot pass through.
    edited May 2013
    Official "UGC needs it's own sub-forum" bump.
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really enjoyed this quest. It was the first Foundry quest I played and it sets a great standard.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Winin!
    edited May 2013
    Started working on Dungeons of Dread Part Three, it has no title yet but it does have this:

0edNniz.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates either here, my blog in the sig or with the Foundry G+ Community
    edited May 2013
    Update to Crypts of Carnage
    1. Placed a wall in front of the teleport clicky at the 3rd boss (twins) that will disappear when the passage is opened from the other side.
  • leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I loved this quest, has great story and can't wait for part 3!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chilidoggchilidogg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you!

Here is an updated screenshot of the tower I am building for Part 3, which I now have a title for; The Necropolis of Nightmare.

4c7RyAs.jpg

Stay tuned for more.
    edited May 2013
    Oops wrong account :P

Here's the link for the full version of the pic.

http://i.imgur.com/4c7RyAs.jpg
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Oops wrong account :P

Here's the link for the full version of the pic.

http://i.imgur.com/4c7RyAs.jpg

That picture is OMFG amazing!

edit: And why can't I get my mind off chili dogs now!!!???
    edited May 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    That picture is OMFG amazing!

edit: And why can't I get my mind off chili dogs now!!!???

ROFL I used to get the same responses when I played WoW :P
    edited May 2013
    The final rendition of the tower with lighting. Began working on the interior last night, it's going to be piece built so it might take a while.

mS2WTw7.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Created a teaser video with the demo tool. Speaking of Tool, I used "Sober" for this one, because Tool rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWkyY6etrDM
  • gruxgrux Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very cool foundry quest. Had that old school Undermountain feel to it.