test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Critical Cleric (Deistik's build)

Comments

• unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    HW will turn into a 5% max HP AE heal? I'm down.

From the sounds of it, yes.

I've only actually seen the chest piece. A guild mate of mine has it and said it dropped in Temple of the Spider off the last boss. I presume the rest of the pieces drop in the obvious places from the descriptions of what gear drops in various dungeons.
  • icegwasicegwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I've also recently learned there is a T2 set which gives a 4 piece bonus that your encounter power will heal nearby allies for 5% of their max HP.

The set bonus is actually 5% of your maximum hp, not theirs.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Even better for everyone but our GF!

I'd be looking at +5% of my max hp 5 times per 15 seconds.
  • icegwasicegwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chest Armour Idk how to make it show up on forums img tags didnt work
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Must... have....
    edited May 2013
    Please move this thread to the cleric forums.
  • dcronusdcronus Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a whole bunch of threads that need to be moved to the cleric forums.. I felt like PM'ing a mod with links to all of them but I didn't want to do their job for them and make it too easy =P

But seriously, we got class specific forums, now can we please get everything organised neat and tidy? thnx
    edited May 2013
    Just got my t2 BP, 1/4 of the way to insane healing! :D
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, is there no pvp gear with crit on it?
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    Hmm, is there no pvp gear with crit on it?

Strangely, no. PvP gear is only that one set with power, recovery, defense, and life steal. There aren't even any rings, amulets, or belts.

Honestly I feel that the PvP gear for cleric is just outright terrible, except that 4 piece set bonus of 20% more divinity gain is great. Unfortunately everything else about the gear is mediocre at best.
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So then what are strength clerics supposed to use for pvp? PVE gear instead?

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • fatalfreshfatalfresh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Strangely, no. PvP gear is only that one set with power, recovery, defense, and life steal. There aren't even any rings, amulets, or belts.

Honestly I feel that the PvP gear for cleric is just outright terrible, except that 4 piece set bonus of 20% more divinity gain is great. Unfortunately everything else about the gear is mediocre at best.

How vital is PvP gear for PvPing?
    edited May 2013
    Friend of mine got ACT working somewhat, AS is top for healing, followed by ASeal, then FF and then Moontouched. If anyone was interested. Got to get to bed now :)
    edited May 2013
    Would a cleric that built around the pvp gear be more effective than a strength/crit focused cleric in pvp situation?

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    The Cleric PvP gear is god-awful. You're better off using PvE gear with Crit > Recovery > Defense > Max Health > Power. Power is basically worthless. Lifesteal is basically worthless.
    edited May 2013
    Why don't they just let us recustomize the stats on pvp gear we buy? With limitations of course.

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • ballisticonballisticon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Friend of mine got ACT working somewhat, AS is top for healing, followed by ASeal, then FF and then Moontouched. If anyone was interested. Got to get to bed now :)

This is great news. Now just need in-game meters ;)
  • rejistonrejiston Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I`m running some T2/T1 epics with my cleric and i have a question about the videos you posted, in them, your don`t seem to grab THAT much aggro like i do when i`m healing on mines.

I`m sorry if it`s not strictly 100% the topic but (i`m using your build :D) it`s because the Guardian just bouncing on the adds rather than the boss?
    edited May 2013
    That spellplague video I have a TON of adds on me, pretty much the whole fight lol

But yes, it's a combination of our fighters grabbing off of me, and me keeping mobile and dragging adds to them.
    edited May 2013
    So, I respecced again (same feats, different power array), I'm pretty sure I found a build with maybe 20% less Divinity gain, but 75%+ more AP gain, and that means more Hallowed Grounds. I have to test it a little / finetune it, but rest assured I'll report back in a day or so about it.
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same feats different powers? Sounds like you're incorporating Prophecy. I'm really not a fan of the gap between its activation and when the death of the target can trigger Prophecy.
    edited May 2013
    If you can be good about what mobs you cast it on, they'll die almost instantly, giving you insane AP, and still giving you the divine power from casting, and divine power when it comes off of cooldown (immediately). This is much harder than spamming HW all over the place, and I'd prefer this to that :)
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you can be good about what mobs you cast it on, they'll die almost instantly, giving you insane AP, and still giving you the divine power from casting, and divine power when it comes off of cooldown (immediately). This is much harder than spamming HW all over the place, and I'd prefer this to that :)

Indeed, I used it when we had 2 clerics and I was doing the "damage". Hitting the enemy late enough that it died before the debuff expired but early enough that it was considered to be applied before death was hit-and-miss. I certainly hope I could get better at it with practice, it's just that relying on people to not randomly switch targets puts me off.
    edited May 2013
    Well... I run in a pretty static group of all 5 classes, so the non-elite mobs melt in 1.5 seconds. I'm relying on this to fuel my AP gain to the point I can keep HG up most/all of the time. Hope I don't get us nerfed :/
    edited May 2013
    If you look at the SS of my power points, you'll notice I can swap back and forth from either HW spam for D gain, or PoD for D gain and crazy AP gain. I have a feeling it will be different per boss, and I specced likewise.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nice guide,thanks a lot. =)
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    sorry cant help myself just have to ask, I saw that SS of your skills & the keys they were on.

r u using a left handed mouse/right hand on numpad or do u have a separate numpad to begin with on one of em gaming keyboards?
    edited May 2013
    I'm left handed, so I use the numpad for all my keybinds. Use my thumb for movement (arrow keys), and I also utilize the home/pgup/etc buttons. Combined with alt and ctrl on my mouse thumb buttons... this gives me 60+ keybinds without ever moving my hand.

Now I just need Razer to make a left handed Naga :)
  • dcronusdcronus Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm left handed, so I use the numpad for all my keybinds. Use my thumb for movement (arrow keys), and I also utilize the home/pgup/etc buttons. Combined with alt and ctrl on my mouse thumb buttons... this gives me 60+ keybinds without ever moving my hand.

Now I just need Razer to make a left handed Naga :)

=\ That just feels weird trying to do that, and seems insane!! Kudos for being able to pull it off!!
  • trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Race: Human (with the +2 into STR, and a 16WIS 16STR 12CHA roll, add to STR and CHA every 10 levels)

Hello, I rolled a human too, but I am confused about stats on 4e and here. Is this the ideal roll for a dps? I rolled 13 str, 20 wis, 13 char. Should I reroll it to increase my crits and damage?