test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Abuse of Leadership in PvP

ihatemmos1ihatemmos1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
In the recent days, I've been experiencing a problem with people abusing the random leadership in PvP Matches. If the team is a clear loser, the leader just kicks everyone in the group and leaves. That they are able to do this without any retort from us be it through votes or what have you is beyond me. This is an extremely serious oversight.
Post edited by ihatemmos1 on

Comments

• justagame906justagame906 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happens in dungeons and pvp, very annoying.

Have seen plenty of random kicks from leaders for whatever reasons.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I've also seen a lot of AFKers who are kicked because of this and like that you can kick them as a result.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • hadmatterhadmatter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should implement a kickvote system. There's no real reason to have someone be a team leader in PvP.
  • junigenmukyokujunigenmukyoku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hadmatter wrote: »
    They should implement a kickvote system. There's no real reason to have someone be a team leader in PvP.

+1

I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to let one person hold the power in kicking people.
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1

I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to let one person hold the power in kicking people.

I imagine that's exactly the problem - no one gave it enough thought. GW2 system works pretty well - anyone can suggest kicking someone from the team, but it needs majority vote to happen.
  • alreadytakentooalreadytakentoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One random person being given kick priveledges is ridiculous. There are so many ways this is and will continue to be abused. There may not be an easy fix, but requiring 3/5 majority to vote kick has been where other games have gone and it works pretty well until y ou get 3 guildies making room for their friends, etc, but that's pretty rare.
  • syllphsyllph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'd be easy to do too, just set it up like rolling for loot. Three options: Yes, boot. No, Keep him, and Pass (I don't care one way or the other)
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know I've kicked several people from dungeon queue groups due to not doing anything. It's pretty helpful, but a 3/5 or 4/5 group vote would be fine too.
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would like them to implement a "no leave" system much like League of legends. OH your losing? guess what, DEAL WITH IT. It sucks but everyone loses at some point. If you have to leave and deal with family/work then so be it, 4v5. But for a great majority its just this.

even if the above is not put in place they should have people allowed to join in after someone else leaves, so a 4v5 becomes a 5v5 during a match.
    26.jpg
  • getarisgetaris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to those that have been legitimately griefed by the current system, it's a bummer that people abuse it. Please beware - if you AFK in a PvP match and I'm leader, you're gonna get the boot pretty quick. I'll take a 5-on-4 loss any day over a 5-on-5 loss where someone is benefiting from an obvious exploit. Call me a jerk, that's fine - this is me laughing at your AFK character in enclave where it belongs...

I agree with bismar7 and others that a lock timer should be implemented to prevent people from leaving a losing match just to re-queue. I have come from behind to win several times in domination...