test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paying cash To Respec - Everyone post your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    teamworktomteamworktom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Proof? Show me something I can pay for to be better than you which is unobtainable to a player who makes no monetary contribution.

You can't. This game is not pay to win. In any form. It's pay for convenience. Get over it.

Actually look up weapon and armor Enchantments. As much as I know there are 3 tiers of these Enchantments(maybe more), like runes you need 4 pieces to craft one the chance to craft the item is 1%. You can buy a cash shop item that makes that a 100% craft. The only way to get those items in game is through the celestial coins after 7 days and they are not guaranteed.

Tell me how that dosn't look p2w in the slights?

Do I also need to go into the crafting system? To get items that are shown as a result of crafting you need to buy crafting packs to get those items, the average item crafted that used real money to buy said crafting pack will have a 20% increase in stats.

I would link proof to this but I feel like I might get banned for pointing this out.
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Like I said before, lots of idiots fanboys here.

If I want to explore the whole potential of my character, I have to buy a LOT of respec...

This is utterly stupid. But PWE is chinese, they do not hav ethe same logic as Us or europe, and Pwe is well known for that, so it is not a surprise, but they won't have my money. And a lot of ppl are thinking like me.

And, for those who will say to me good bye, do not worry, soon, you will only play with idiots buying founder's pack.
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    Like I said before, lots of idiots fanboys here.

If I want to explore the whole potential of my character, I have to buy a LOT of respec...

This is utterly stupid. But PWE is chinese, they do not hav ethe same logic as Us or europe, and Pwe is well known for that, so it is not a surprise, but they won't have my money. And a lot of ppl are thinking like me.

And, for those who will say to me good bye, do not worry, soon, you will only play with idiots buying founder's pack.

Guess what. Usually when you "explore the full potential of a character" you've paid full price for an game you are either paying the retail price, paying a subscription fee, or both. You do not need to respect, and hitting 60 can literally be done in one day in this game. Respeccing is not a necessity, there are alternatives, and the game offers you 100% of its content without you having to pay a dime. Either reroll when you want to try other options, think ahead very carefully, or pony up and pay for this luxury.
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i play only few f2p games so can some1 with more experience tell how many f2p have free respec?
    (played Allods online and most ppl which complain here about p2w pls try Allods online)

PS heard that Feat respec at lvl60 cost little above 100k diamonds(so if you are lazy its 10days for respec)
  • Options
    bonifidehustlabonifidehustla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess what. Usually when you "explore the full potential of a character" you've paid full price for an game you are either paying the retail price, paying a subscription fee, or both. You do not need to respect, and hitting 60 can literally be done in one day in this game. Respeccing is not a necessity, there are alternatives, and the game offers you 100% of its content without you having to pay a dime. Either reroll when you want to try other options, think ahead very carefully, or pony up and pay for this luxury.

Funny how everybody defends this. DCUO you pay in game gold to respec. I shouldnt have to pay to reset my feats with real money. I will admit the pricing is a lot better than that money hungry Marvel Heroes. Wish this game was like Guild Wars 2 i rather just pay to buy the game and never have to spend a dime again. I notice its mostly asian publishers that wants to charge everybody to Respec like Nexon and Perfectworld.
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If class mechanics or abilities change, there needs to be a free respec to accompany it. I think that should be mandatory and there's really no reason why there shouldn't be, other than greed.

If and when they release the new Guardian paragon paths, if I'm not given a chance to respec for free I'll be leaving the game. That would feel like a complete rip-off and just absolutely shady as a business practice. I have no idea what Perfect World's track record is which such things, so we'll see.
  • Options
    bonifidehustlabonifidehustla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jfood wrote: »
    If class mechanics or abilities change, there needs to be a free respec to accompany it. I think that should be mandatory and there's really no reason why there shouldn't be, other than greed.

If and when they release the new Guardian paragon paths, if I'm not given a chance to respec for free I'll be leaving the game. That would feel like a complete rip-off and just absolutely shady as a business practice. I have no idea what Perfect World's track record is which such things, so we'll see.

I aint going to lie if they really do that i would leave the game too. I would probably take a break from this next month ne wayz when Marvel Heroes comes out.
  • Options
    solidagesolidage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    If you're playing a game, and want a FULL respec, I think $4-6 is fair to charge for that. Since...you know the game is $0.

I don't get people *****ing constantly because of two things.

1. you can re-do your feats with AD, this is where your theory craft will come from
    2. You can convert AD to Zen for the respec and It's probably a week's worth of farming/ AH to get the ~250k AD. for the conversion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    it is 6$ for EACH respec, + a decent companion, a mount, bags and so on....

if you can freely spend that amount of money, plz send some to me, I can give you my paypal account.

I do not mind paying for a game, but a decent amount and not for the BASIC of a mmo...
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solidage wrote: »
    If you're playing a game, and want a FULL respec, I think $4-6 is fair to charge for that. Since...you know the game is $0.

I don't get people *****ing constantly because of two things.

1. you can re-do your feats with AD, this is where your theory craft will come from
    2. You can convert AD to Zen for the respec and It's probably a week's worth of farming/ AH to get the ~250k AD. for the conversion.

You paid $200 for an elf with a palette swap and a twelve slot bag. You might not know what 'value for dollar' means. Just saying. Banks, bags and character slots are fine, those don't change. Shiny horses and flaming super powered swords too, if some folks are into it. Changing the class mechanics, which will happen, then asking people to pay is just sleazy.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joukuoj32 wrote: »
    i play only few f2p games so can some1 with more experience tell how many f2p have free respec?
    (played Allods online and most ppl which complain here about p2w pls try Allods online)

PS heard that Feat respec at lvl60 cost little above 100k diamonds(so if you are lazy its 10days for respec)

I didn't play Allods, but I did play another gpot title, and people whining here about 6 bucks would have probably died from having to pay almost 30 dollars for a rebirth scroll, which does the exact same thing. I have never played a F2P game that didn't charge for respecs, and I don't think I've played any P2P games which gave them away either. I'm sure somebody will, or has, pointed at WoW, but frankly, I blame Blizzard for people wanting everything for free on the first day since, as I understand it, I've never had the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on my computer, that's exactly how their business model works.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You paid $200 for an elf with a palette swap and a twelve slot bag. You might not know what 'value for dollar' means. Just saying. Banks, bags and character slots are fine, those don't change. Shiny horses and flaming super powered swords too, if some folks are into it. Changing the class mechanics, which will happen, then asking people to pay is just sleazy.

Have they completely revamped the class mechanics and asked you to pay for a change yet? Even the most money grubbing devs I know of, gpotato, I'm looking at you, didn't do that when they completely revamped their system, everyone got respec'd for free. Guess what, people complained about that too.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    zagith312zagith312 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is 6$ for EACH respec, + a decent companion, a mount, bags and so on....

if you can freely spend that amount of money, plz send some to me, I can give you my paypal account.

I do not mind paying for a game, but a decent amount and not for the BASIC of a mmo...

Bags? You know, I only have the first extra bag, and I have yet to run out of room unless I do something silly, like running into PE and back out without selling.

Mounts? I am pretty sure I won't ever buy one, the game's world is small enough from what I've seen that there is no reason to really want to go 'faster', especially if (like in other MMOs) enemies can knock me off of my mount.

Companions? This is a fair point for now, as the books to level up the other companions are not in yet, but I imagine once those books are in (Unless they horribly horribly underscale the free companion with those books) you won't 'need' to buy a companion from the cash shop.

The only thing you listed that is necessary in the least is the respec. Which while I can understand why people want those to be free/cheap (Because the typical player, like myself, will just spend points on whatever sounds good at the time with no inkling on what is 'optimal') I personally like the fact that in order to respec you are looking at a good ~10 days of effort, it gives the point themselves a weight few MMOs have with their method of 'specialization'.

Everything but respec you listed? They are there for convenience and are not really necessary at all, nor are they important for a discussion specifically about respecs. Also you make huge leaping assumptions on what are the 'basic necessities of an MMO' without considering maybe the game wasn't designed around you needing a mount to get everywhere and bags to hold the obscene quantities of trash loot you are going to get while farming for bear flanks. If an MMO isn't designed around you needing a mount to travel, suddenly the mount becomes something cool to have and not a necessity.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Forced respecs are usually offered for free, I know they are in STO, another cryptic/PWE game. I think they will be the same for NWO
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how everybody defends this. DCUO you pay in game gold to respec. I shouldnt have to pay to reset my feats with real money. I will admit the pricing is a lot better than that money hungry Marvel Heroes. Wish this game was like Guild Wars 2 i rather just pay to buy the game and never have to spend a dime again. I notice its mostly asian publishers that wants to charge everybody to Respec like Nexon and Perfectworld.

Funny "I shouldnt have to pay to reset my feats with real money." when ppl cant read, but can write.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When a game is as good and well developed as Neverwinter, I don't think $6 to respec is that big of a deal. It's just $6! Other MMORPGs charge $15/month just to play their game! Others even charge your $1 to $10 to unlock certain pieces of game content and in many cases you either have to chose to pay up or stick to the F2P content which means: KILL 100000 BOARS FOR XP UNTIL YOUR FINGERS BLEED!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    When a game is as good and well developed as Neverwinter, I don't think $6 to respec is that big of a deal. It's just $6! Other MMORPGs charge $15/month just to play their game! Others even charge your $1 to $10 to unlock certain pieces of game content and in many cases you either have to chose to pay up or stick to the F2P content which means: KILL 100000 BOARS FOR XP UNTIL YOUR FINGERS BLEED!!!!!!!

And what if the template I paid 6$ for is no good? I have to repay 6$ to change it, and so on...
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what if the template I paid 6$ for is no good? I have to repay 6$ to change it, and so on...

You paid another player $6 for a character template? Wow! And then you complain that it costs $6 for a respec token?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grimlopergrimloper Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Until the Paragons are all available, and the tool tips up to date on the points items, and the glitches are worked out in the different spec abilities, and the bugs are resolved, and the game leaves BETA - the costs of respecs should be significantly reduced. (PERIOD)

Every beta that I've been a part of allows the beta testers to test every aspect of their character.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You paid another player $6 for a character template? Wow! And then you complain that it costs $6 for a respec token?

Learn to read, defenitively
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    grimloper wrote: »
    Until the Paragons are all available, and the tool tips up to date on the points items, and the glitches are worked out in the different spec abilities, and the bugs are resolved, and the game leaves BETA - the costs of respecs should be significantly reduced. (PERIOD)

Every beta that I've been a part of allows the beta testers to test every aspect of their character.

That beta has only the name, so they can blame it for glitches and so on. A game in beta should not charge player for testing it.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Oh I did. You said you paid $6 for a defective character template. The respec token doesn't plug in a new template for you. It is you who are doing that. So if you paid $6 for a defective template that is on you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I said: I have to pay if the template I made is not good.

I let you go back to school to learn english.

I haven't bought anything yet, and I will not until they fix the economy or a better game release
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like this is the thread of the day.

No dev response.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Did you mean definitively or definitely. Telling someone to learn to read, and then leaving that as a descriptor really leaves one guessing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I said: I have to pay if the template I made is not good.

I let you go back to school to learn english.

I haven't bought anything yet, and I will not until they fix the economy or a better game release

Actually, the first quote is what you said. I speak English rather well. I salute you if it's your second or third language though, you are at least making an effort.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to be able to purchase role slots. I don't mind paying for a respec, but I would like to save good specs instead of having to pay to reconfigure every time I want to change roles.
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think we should have 3 free respecs per character. See what you do is go to a place called like iono, "Earth Shock" and kill a buttload of flying archers in the magic fuel room. If you succeed in defending the magic fuel room for 30 mins, you get a free respec. The next time you have to kill a ton of berzerkers that have a chance of standing back up. The last time you have to fight aberrants from another plane of existence.

I think this is a very solid way of getting people respecs, without them respecing all willy nilly.

Disclaimer: Any similarities this idea has to other methods Cryptic has used in the past is totally "accidental"
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Paying to beta test a game, wow, just wow, there really is a sucker born every minute, and i can afford it easily, but throwing money away is not what smart people do. Im surprised they dont charge for every time you enter combat, that will probably be next. Or every time you fast travel some were youll get charged.

I dont mind supporting a game, because they need to make money, but this is so outa hand. It really is disgusting the greed these guys show. And far as the respec thing, again its BETA ITS BETA, me paying them to respec changes to the game they make is the kick in the nuts that just keeps giving.
  • Options
    oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    pay to win system, no wonder, the owners of cryptic are Asians, these guys love to make pay 2 win games. Problem with it is that there's no way to get it cheap, even in the store it's way too expensive for a one use only, if was at least half a buck at most a buck, complaining would be cheap...
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
This discussion has been closed.