test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will companion unbinding ever be implemented ??

frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Companion unbinding, where did it go?

I can understand if they don't want to add this feature back into the game until later, possibly release, but seriously, it's not like it's going to affect game play.

Major reason I can think of is they don't want u swapping leveled pets to recently created characters for fast leveling. But honestly, it's not like leveling is slow in this game. you can get to 60 in one day.

For those of us who do not have a Hero or Guardian pack with the awesome account wide level 30 companion, we are stuck with high end companions on toons we may not wish to play due to this feature being in the game, but not working properly. The zen I purchased for specific companions was for that, with the belief that I could unbind and transfer it to another toon if I chose to no longer play that class. They are not account unlocks like the mounts are. I'd even rather see them as account locked and not character locked so u can xfer them to any toon on your account if they are worried about people selling leveled pets.

Anyone from Cryptic willing to comment on the companion unbind please. and thank you !

BTW: Outside a few glitches and problems, loving the game so far !!! Keep up the awesome work !
Post edited by frost168 on

Comments

• frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guess I'm the only one who cares

:(
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GM ingame said it is being looked into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    GM ingame said it is being looked into.

SWEET !!! TY mate. hope they get this ironed out soon
  • ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    +1 totally agreed, i made some mistakes with the wrong companions, should be a way to get them out...
  • novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably going to cost 2k zen to do it.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    Probably going to cost 2k zen to do it.

No, it will cost diamonds unless they decide to change it. At the moment when you try to unbind a companion you will be asked to accept an AD cost for doing so, its just that accepting the charge does nothing. I just hope them "fixing it" doesnt mean a huge increase in cost for unbinding.
  • hexaxehexaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Just make them "idle" and slot a different companion?
    edited May 2013
    hexaxe wrote: »
    Just make them "idle" and slot a different companion?

ahh u are missing the point. This does not allow for the trading of companions from one toon to another.
  • exinooexinoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still not working...
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need to fix this fast.. it's rather annoying.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Companion unbinding, where did it go?

I can understand if they don't want to add this feature back into the game until later, possibly release, but seriously, it's not like it's going to affect game play.

Major reason I can think of is they don't want u swapping leveled pets to recently created characters for fast leveling. But honestly, it's not like leveling is slow in this game. you can get to 60 in one day.

For those of us who do not have a Hero or Guardian pack with the awesome account wide level 30 companion, we are stuck with high end companions on toons we may not wish to play due to this feature being in the game, but not working properly. The zen I purchased for specific companions was for that, with the belief that I could unbind and transfer it to another toon if I chose to no longer play that class. They are not account unlocks like the mounts are. I'd even rather see them as account locked and not character locked so u can xfer them to any toon on your account if they are worried about people selling leveled pets.

Anyone from Cryptic willing to comment on the companion unbind please. and thank you !

BTW: Outside a few glitches and problems, loving the game so far !!! Keep up the awesome work !

unless they changed it... last time i checked could unbind companions... cost me like 12-13k to unbind my elemental... but was certainly gonna let me do it....
  • dornstoneshielddornstoneshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    It may have said you could do it but did you actually do it?

The option screen does pop up if you try to bank or mail the companion...but nothing happens when you agree.

Yea I agree this needs to be fixed asap...I bought a companion in the zen store and it was absolutely not right for the character I bought it with...you could say my bad, but seeing as how the game is so new...people are going to make those mistakes. As long as they are going to get around to it then fine...but if they come out and say it ain't gonna happen I absolutely will quit. The companions in the store say they are tradeable...they don't say they are only tradeable before you use them.
  • astralforgeastralforge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I do think that at least giving the players the option to unbind and swap companions to other characters would make the actual companion purchase seem more viable.

A lot of players, myself included, are on the fence about purchasing companions just for the reason that they are for one character only.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have the ui implemented but it doesn't work. So yeah, you get a window saying pay X ammount of AD to unbind your companion. But when you press OK nothing happens.
  • anathmaanathma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, someone please look at this. Should be an easy fix. Or even let us know that you WONT look at it for X time that would be great thanks guys great game.
  • grifting3grifting3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well after spending much time debating buying the golemn companion for my cleric I finally

decided to get it. unfortunately I was on my GF character when I hit the buy option and I bound

it to the WRONG character. was totally my fault but I just wasn't thinking, I had logged on my alts

to pray then went afk, came back not thinking I wasn't back on my cleric yet. ive put in a ticket w/no response yet.

if they don't help me out and put it on the right character I will prob just stop playing the game.

I realize it was my fault but in most games a GM will help ya out even if you are at fault. having a $30 companion on the wrong character is a BIG deal.
  • sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression the store bought companions would be claimable on all characters of the account. At 20$ or more for a companion, this should be the case.
    Soldiers live. And wonder why.
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression the store bought companions would be claimable on all characters of the account. At 20$ or more for a companion, this should be the case.

only reason I bought them was because they were supposed to be able to be unbound and u could transfer to another toon. So yeah, that is WAY excessive for a companion for just one character considering the Mounts are account bound for the same price.

I hope they fix this soon. It's very annoying. I also will not purchase anymore companions if they are going to be $30 for one account without being able to unbind them.

The lockbox companions are dirt cheap. Much better bang for your buck. unfortunately, the cat and ioun stone are now the only two worth buying.
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Please look into this. I was also under the impression that it was either account bound or I could unbind it to transfer over to another toon, so with it being the start of the game (still in beta) i would be able to decide what toon I really wanted to play. If you can not do either (account bound - sent to each of your toons, or be able to unbind it so i can use it on another toon) Why charge so much money? I mean $30 .... a lot of money for a one time toon thing. I would even be happy with it being lowered down to level 1 again, i am not to worried on it's level, i am wanting to use it on the toon i am wanting to play.
  • clanrakkaclanrakka Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    --BUMP--

Is this even being looked at?
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clanrakka wrote: »
    --BUMP--

Is this even being looked at?

Why would it be looked at? This is probably such a low priority fix that making more mugs for NPC's in the Blacklake Inn is above it. Why? Because this "bug" makes them money. If you cant unbind your companion you are forced to buy a new one. Either with Astral Diamonds (which takes it out of the economy and some people will buy the AD with Zen) or with Zen.

This issue have been 100% ignored even after several threads in the bug page, heck I sent in a ticket with this problem. You know what response I got? I was directed to a wiki, this forum and some random excrement about how they cant transfer my character, what I can do to get into the same instance as my friends, how I do /stuck etc.

Basically they dont care about this bug at all since it makes them money. <tinfoil hat on> I would not be surprised if they made companions impossible to unbind on purpose <tinfoil hat off>
  • cranialdrillcranialdrill Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So it has been almost 2 months since the original post on this...Any update. I really don't want to have to spend Zen on another epic pet, since I don't play my toon that has one anymore.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't see why this should even be considered a bug in the first place. It is a perfectly valid way for them to make some $$$ - and after all, the game needs some players actually spending real cash on it - you can't get everything for free.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    I don't see why this should even be considered a bug in the first place. It is a perfectly valid way for them to make some $$$ - and after all, the game needs some players actually spending real cash on it - you can't get everything for free.

Its considered a bug because they have the messaging for it in already. It just doesn't work. If you go to drag a companion from an idle slot to your bag it tells you exactly how much AD it will cost. You click ok to agree to it. But nothing happens. How could it not be either a bug or an unfinished feature?

Besides it gets them money in a round about way as well. Since it gives zen spenders another reason to buy AD.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Its considered a bug because they have the messaging for it in already. It just doesn't work.

Ah, sorry..I wasn't aware of that - yeah, indeed, you are right - sure looks like a bug.
    Hoping for improvements...