test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everyone knows Rogues are OP

Comments

• identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Indeed. Rogue are OP. Also in dungeons they make tripple overal damage then another class.
  • identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rogue needs nerf a damage. Ok it is striker ( they have skills for striker ) but damage is OP.
  • topcattixtopcattix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most qq i hear is that "rogues are op, pvp sucks", no, they cant hit moving target, dont have decent cc, and, ofc, are melee.

Wizards have insane CC, are ranged, do decent amount of dps and have +20k crits.
    I've seen some GWFs hitting for +10k regularly while them having INSANELY high survivability.
    I've seen 3 players (including me) killing one cleric and the cleric was +90% hp all the time.

I have level 60 rogue and wizard myself, both geared, and all i can say is that CWs are ATLEAST as good as rogues, im getting MVP reward pretty much in every pvp game with both characters.

My tip? l2p, seriously.

E: underlined = bro tip.

E: How do you think you can balance rogues? You just nerf their damage? what then, wizards would be 10x better then rogues in every way, then you cry that the wizard is op?
  • destro78destro78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. I play a CW and pretty much have my way with rogues (assuming I'm not taking a beating from three other players.) I use repel to keep them at a distance and dodge around when they go stealth.

The real problem I've seen with PvP is that there is no way to formulate a strategy that other players can expect to follow. This is because there is no way to know what classes you are going to be paired up with until you are in the fight (assuming you are adding just yourself in a cue.) As a result, PvP is not about strategy so much as a mindless rumble. I'm not sure how leveling the number of each class are involved in a PvP would effect wait times, but it may be something to consider.
  • izariel44izariel44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topcattix wrote: »
    Most qq i hear is that "rogues are op, pvp sucks", no, they cant hit moving target, dont have decent cc, and, ofc, are melee.

Wizards have insane CC, are ranged, do decent amount of dps and have +20k crits.
    I've seen some GWFs hitting for +10k regularly while them having INSANELY high survivability.
    I've seen 3 players (including me) killing one cleric and the cleric was +90% hp all the time.

I have level 60 rogue and wizard myself, both geared, and all i can say is that CWs are ATLEAST as good as rogues, im getting MVP reward pretty much in every pvp game with both characters.

My tip? l2p, seriously.

E: underlined = bro tip.

E: How do you think you can balance rogues? You just nerf their damage? what then, wizards would be 10x better then rogues in every way, then you cry that the wizard is op?

You sir are full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I have rogues hit me all the time while im moving. Ive run 10 feet before and was STILL hit by dazing strike, at range. Rogues can easily hit you while you are moving. Rogues have amazing CC, stuns, locks, slows etc... You dont even know what you are talking about. Its sad really.

Stop trolling.
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    lol, i played against a team who knew what they were doing and destryoed us. Just keep running away from a rogue and cast slow, ice etc.. on them and they cant do jack.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Im a lvl 60 rogue. Overpowerd??? not really. I can still get my *** whooped by every class, especially CW and (**** them!) well all of them really if your not careful. It all depends on how well the other players can (or cant) handle their own classes. I think their all nicely rounded and all have there ups and downs. It just matters how well you adapt to your class of choice. In the closed betas i was a lvl 40 gwf and lvl 40 cw and lvl 18 gf.
  • l7arkspiritl7arkspirit Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    izariel44 wrote: »
    You sir are full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I have rogues hit me all the time while im moving. Ive run 10 feet before and was STILL hit by dazing strike, at range. Rogues can easily hit you while you are moving. Rogues have amazing CC, stuns, locks, slows etc... You dont even know what you are talking about. Its sad really.

Stop trolling.

I play rogue and a CW, no way is it possible to still daze a target that has moved a few feet away from you. Check your internet connection or actually make sure you dodged/blinked away from the daze.

CW can Kite a rogue if you know how to play the class, I've been doing very good in PvP with both my CW and Rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • conterkillerconterkiller Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you sir.. are just a baddie.. lol
    after so much QQ abt rogues i decided to try CW..

and guess what? i fckin <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> every rogue that tried to 1v1 me.. they always kept running away.. lol
    if a rogue beats you as a CW.. u suck.. lol
  • rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rogues are not op, they are exactly what they are supposed to be.. they hit hard and get hit hard, a wizard instant cast a hard CC through rogues stealth and kill them in 3 seconds.. but when the rogue lands a daze or a daily and hits you for 35k you complain..

i have a rogue with 10.2k gs and I specced recovery and stealth, i can solo a boss while the group clears adds because i built specifically for that purpose.. it takes skill, time, and gear..

complaining because you aren't geared, or for that matter competent enough to learn your class mechanics doesn't earn you the right to complain up and down the forums all day
  • pbuckleyheropbuckleyhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a CW and have little trouble with rouges in PvP. I dont see them as too powerful however my brother who normally plays rouges seems to believe they are to easy-to play as he thinks they are too powerful, so I don't know what to think.
  • vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Yet another dummy, that has no idea how to play his class crying about rogues.

Gee and a Control wizard too.

So you pick the class with the lowest HP in the game, but the best CONTROL and you fail vs a class that only has one ranged a attack and limited distance closing.

You deserved to loose if you are that terrible. As a rogue I have problems vs Control Wizards that actually KNOW WTF they are doing. Please Queue up more so I can get free honor off your need to l2p butt.
  • l7arkspiritl7arkspirit Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Everyone here that says Rogues are OP clearly never played any PvP game over level 29 (from the 31-39 bracket onward, PvP drastically changes CW basically dominate everything).

If anything needs a nerf in this game it would be Control wizards, come end game Rogues actually need a buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrfalrinthmrfalrinth Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well not everyone farmed farming foundry "quests" to play on 60 right now. We are talking about what we fight atm. And around 19 level rogues are gods, unless they are totall noobs then they are "only" demigods.
  • jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    People crying that rogues are OP, dont know **** about pvp. There are a lot or pros than cons in pvp for rogues cause they are built to kill. They could practically play safe and just KS, but that doesnt mean they are OP. A lot of scenarios take place in group pvp. So either you blew out your cds or you just plain suck thats why you got killed. Rogues just happen to be a hot topic coz they hit hard if you stand still. Im a cleric and I've owned a lot of rogues by dishing out cc and dots on them. If you're in a disadvantage then move out, dont be a hero and tank their **** coz you cant. 1v1 versus a rogue now thats different. Clerics definitely have the advantage because of heals and cc. Also take note that you could only bring out a limited arsenal of skills and for PvP its all about CC not damage. So if your a rogue and your screaming that your OP then you havent encountered a good CW or Cleric. If your a non rogue screaming that rogues are OP then you just need to practice and give another look on the skills that you bring with you in PvP. :cool:
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am a rogue player and I love reading all your QQ. I rolled rogue exactly for this reason, to faceroll everyone and everything. So Lol, continue your QQ posts, this is too funny.
  • nestharusnestharus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a great weapon fighter

In pvp matches, I kill rogues pretty easily. In one instance, I had 50% hp and they had 100% hp. After our little duel, they had about 3% hp left while I had 45% hp.

Yea, they're op all right -.-.

The only class that gave me grief was control wizard. That class is nasty, hehe, especially when there are three of them on you. Stun lock anyone?

I'm going to say that as long as you know how to play your class, you are going to be fine. However, I must end that when doing a dungeon, a team of control wizard, rogue, devoted cleric, great weapon fighter, and guardian fighter wiped out a couple of times. A team of 3 rogues, great weapon fighter, and control wizard decimated everything. There was a huge difference, hehe... before that it was 4 rogues and great weapon fighter, and everything still got mashed. The first team was 39, 39, 39, 40, 40, the second team was 35, 36, 38, 39, 39.

It could be player skills, but we all knew what we were doing in case 1 and 4 out of the 5 people had played the dungeon before. In case 2, I was the only one that had played the dungeon and many of the players had no idea what they were doing.

It does seem, from this example, that rogue is a bit overpowered, but will need some more evidence.
  • canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    At higher levels Control wizards are a pain!! its **** hard 2 hold them with the **** teleport.....and they can hold u...sux big time..

if u nerf rogue... the game is gonna break.. soon u'll find everyone going to control wizard...
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    CONTROL WIZARDS OWN ROGUE ALL DAY if anyone is op is cw go nerf them instead god **** op *** class
  • mabusgamingmabusgaming Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know most of us rolled Rogues simply because our "real class" isn't out yet, like Ranger for example, is why I opted to do Rogue before I even knew ANYTHING about the class, which I am sure a good majority have.... don't get me wrong, I am sure many rolled Rogue for the single target dps they have.
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    CONTROL WIZARDS OWN ROGUE ALL DAY if anyone is op is cw go nerf them instead god **** op *** class

u can say tt again... their teleport is insane.... rogue's daze cant hit them... unless they dont see u coming at all...
    else they just tele and make u waste ur roll.. then after tt they immoilize u... and bye bye rogue..

if anything...pls nerf control wizard....
  • vashtalelqvashtalelq Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Im a GWF and ive played a lot of PVP since i hit 60. Rouges damage seems a bit over the top - 30k crit (i guess with his daily) is too much. Heals also seem a bit more powerfull than they should be. However i dont think this is the main problem in PVP. As i see it rouges should be soft target killers - mages and clerics should really be punished by them. CWs should be tank killers and tanks should be untouchable by rouges. Since the game does not support elemental damage and resistance this is hard to achive. So here is what i suggest: leave damage and heals as they are, take dodge from cleric and give him blink, make blink cover half the distance it does now, take ranged attack away form rouge. Here is waht this achieves: Rouges wont have range so running away from them would be possible if they used their dodge for combat, casters have ranged attacks so they would be at some disadvantage up close and have to relly on their controls or risk not being able to escape if things go wrong, GWFs would be able to actually chase and escape from enemies so they would be more usefull in a team, GFs can now push enemy away or stun and put some distance if they need to run and not worry about the trowing daggers in their back.
  • pinindajinpinindajin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    izariel44 wrote: »
    The fact that rogues are outrageously overpowered cannot be denied. The easy fact that more than half the player base and 80% of the pvp base are rogues is ample evidence that this fact is common knowledge. People will always flock to the most OP class to exploit the current FOTM.

There is no down side to rogues they have the best dps of any class, amazing control, and survivability. This is just from a pve standpoint. Lets talk about pvp...

In pvp rogues are gods. 80% of active pvpers are playing the rogue class. Rogues currently have better control than control wizards. This is indisputable.

Rogues have stealth, which they can use to get out of fire and easily maneuver behind you.
    Rogues have a long stun, which consequently is longer than the stun CW can get through chill.
    Rogues have a silence which completely locks down any casting class for 3+ seconds.
    Rogues have a blink, which they can use to instantly be behind a target.
    Rogues can dodge right out of any CC you use on them.
    When CC is used on them the longest it lasts is 1 second, which is nearly useless.
    Rogues can melt mace faster than any other class, which means they only need a few seconds to completely wreck you.
    Rogues have a slow which prevents you from running away from them.
    Rogues have as much survivability as any class except the guardian.

Please Cryptic, the rogues in this game are gamebreakinginly overpowered and it needs to be fixed. If they are to be a cannon then nerf their survivability and CC. If they are to have so much CC and survivability then nerf their damage. They cannnot and should not have it all.

I know all the hordes of rogues in this game are going to flock here and attack me for not knowing anything. They just want to enjoy their OPness a little longer. Ignore them.

Rogues are the EASIEST classes to beat. I get extremely excited when I got to backcap a point and they send the rogue to try and "stop" me. Serious. I sometimes giggle.
    edited May 2013
    pinindajin wrote: »
    Rogues are the EASIEST classes to beat. I get extremely excited when I got to backcap a point and they send the rogue to try and "stop" me. Serious. I sometimes giggle.

at later levels this is so true...

i find it hard to other classes... at later levels unless the person is poorly geared.
    the damage isnt enuff after i finish my combo the guy isnt dead and is either healing or trying to kite me then his team mates come and then end of rogue.... and I am already decently geared...

esp CW... their escaping techniques are waaayy to irritating..

ppl who are shouting for rogue nerf prolly has not tried pvping as a rogue at later levels..
  • trollmashroomtrollmashroom Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe there should be some anti-disabling skills for other classes.
  • statikkastatikka Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue is pretty easy as a fighter, if his smokescreen- thing is on cooldown u can just burst him down with 2-3 encounters. No matter how much HP he has.

The only class i cant do s.hit about is those stupid control freaks, with 1-2 wizard in a bg ur like 3/4 of the time stunned. But i thing its ok since its the only class i cant win in a 1v1 situation.
  • warscreamerwarscreamer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHAHHAHAAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TR have better cc than CW are u freaking kidding me? our spells are complete ****, we can only use a couple of spells becuse rest is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, we have at will attakcs that has 3 seconds attackanimation.

and stuff like that, do some research about other classes Before you are going to simply complain, cw is better than rogue in almost every scenario we have 2 abilities that is overpowered yes but other than that no we dont, and please by all means dont say our smoke bomb is good becusse then you are full of yourself and are a bad pvper.

you can spot and Dodge a TR easy if he is going for you, its not like in wow where we can be in stealth for limitless time until we strike and we cant go into stealth 24/7 in combat or hit it dont regenerate at all even almost.

No TR aint op, we have 2 abilities that is op yes, but we have like one build we can use rest is a complete disaster and need to be reworked and looked at also our feat tree is a complete mess.

go do some research.

And that you even say TR have better CC than CW that is just.... astonishing how Little you know about our class, did you even know that you can Dodge more often than a TR ? your COSTs less for an odd reason.

also your cc:s is easy to land as hell. while ours you can Dodge them easy, even from stealth and without stealth its like automiss unless you are a baddie :)

if you ever get hitted by dazed strike by a rogue that aint stealthed and you are not cced by Another player then you are bad hands down and smoke bomb is easy to avoid just stay away from the rogue if he stealths just back of or blink away or if you see him just hit him with your channeling Before he stealths and he will be seen.

TR is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pvp class atm without those 2 op spells there is no way to not pick a CW over a TR fyi.
    sad part cw:s most are baddies and have no clue how to play their class and qq becuse they get killed most of the time from stealth becuse they cant react to the TR:s stealth movement.

TR stelaths = back off or Count the time for him to be relatively Close to you and Dodge Before he drops smokebomb/dazing strike on you wich is really easy if you played more than 10 pvp games against a TR at 60.

the fact that i often slot in impact shot if i am against good players just proves that you have no clue :)

if you mean that we have a good amount of spells that are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and one that is op. then you are fooling yourself.

SE will get nerfed our strike will also be nerfed, but Before they do that they gotta remove casting time for at-will attacks for all melee classes, and fix the feat tree and make some spells useable and do correct amount of damage.
  • sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    For me , no class are actually considered OP as long as I can win them, as long as they still die in PvP. And no, Rogues are definitely not OP, they are just fast and sneaky, so that you can hardly touch them, probably add on some other high crits damage, which makes you say that Rogues are OP, mhmm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent
  • djabolicdjabolic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You just don't know how to deal with them.

Rogues have stealth, which they can use to get out of fire and easily maneuver behind you.
    Which never recharges if he uses it once in combat as long as they take some damage. A rogue needs to get out of combat and wait for it to recharge to use it again.

Rogues have a long stun, which consequently is longer than the stun CW can get through chill.
    Nope. It's not a stun either, it just disables everything else than your movement. It is also only 3 seconds. Nothing more.

Rogues have a silence which completely locks down any casting class for 3+ seconds.
    Nope they don't have a secondary silence. This is the same ability above.

Rogues have a blink, which they can use to instantly be behind a target.
    Yes with 13.5 seconds cooldown.

Rogues can dodge right out of any CC you use on them.
    Nope, you can't dodge out of CC's. You can only escape from chill with it which perfectly makes sense.

When CC is used on them the longest it lasts is 1 second, which is nearly useless.
    According to what? There is no ability reduces CC effects on rogues?

Rogues can melt mace faster than any other class, which means they only need a few seconds to completely wreck you.
    "Rogue" the "melee", "dps" class that is designed to deal "lots of damage in short amounts of time" and you're crying about that?

Rogues have a slow which prevents you from running away from them.
    For the third time, this is the same ability. Dazing Strike.

Rogues have as much survivability as any class except the guardian.
    No they don't, they tend to die when they get focused by 2 or more players. They can only dodge twice to avoid any incoming damage.
  • edolambertoedolamberto Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guardian and wizard can easily kill rogue, enaugh said
This discussion has been closed.