test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This game is not an mmorpg

forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
An mmorpg doesnt leave you without end game options apart from dungeons, I sit waiting 1-2 hours in ques, but get kicked on 15 minute idles even as a founder. what kind of gameplay is this? Its not mmorpg but its sure as hell nothing that should ever pick up if people value their sanity.

The dungeon q gong is pathetically soft and sometimes i miss the Q if i am typing heatedly to a friend while sitting in front of the game.

Basic screenshot functions are not enabled - you get a screenshot without UI. more like a screen****

this game has no customer support. not that it needs it, because it technically has no 'customers' now does it. Everything purchased is virtual goods in an unproveable random virtual world.

A system where you lose auction gold and items randomly and get no GM response after 6 days. A game that doesnt enable simple things like not allowing mail with items or resources attached to be deleted without extraction of the items.

The 'oversights' like this make it painfully obvious that this company is just a pirate looking hard and fast at your wallets. Their blinkers dont even let them implement or sort out basic things that any 5 year old with a brain would think of

great game

the software itself is excellent. Thats all cryptic. I loved their previous mmo as well CoH/CoV.

This PWE..I dont know about
Post edited by forsakenlich1 on

Comments

• forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am serious, why do i need to try to be something? that makes it less serious

dodos
  • primejiveprimejive Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to what F2P does to the world of MMO gaming. Mediocrity reigns supreme.

This game is a distraction while I wait for a good subscription based game to come along.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Didn't you post some GD guide for your class? Your Man Card is revoked.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MMORPG

This game fits every character defined by the aforementioned acronym

/thread
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    primejive wrote: »
    Welcome to what F2P does to the world of MMO gaming. Mediocrity reigns supreme.

This game is a distraction while I wait for a good subscription based game to come along.

I lol'd.

/10char
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The trick is to offer stuff in the store that I really really want, while at the same time making said purchases both interesting and worthwhile.

Right now, I see a few things I'd want to buy, but far more things that are, IMO, overpriced for what they provide and/or not enough smaller-scale purchases that interest me.

But to the point of the OP: It is massively multiplayer, it's definitely online, and you do take on the role of a character you created, (and can engage in further roleplaying if you like).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    I lol'd.

/10char

Oh the irony of it all... :D
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    What I read "I rushed through the game and at 60 I have nothing to do because the majority of the playerbase isn't 60 yet." Go outside.
  • castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    lol

/10char
  • maximumsquidmaximumsquid Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prime you jumping on the new Camelot when it comes out in 2-3 years?
  • kidplayer1kidplayer1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's more like skyrim, very linear no free roam or exploration .. I'm playing it as a single player rpg to kill time.
    edited May 2013
    Prime you jumping on the new Camelot when it comes out in 2-3 years?

I don't see anything coming down the pipe that would stop me. I'm optimistic for EQ Next as well.
  • graveside00graveside00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a money grabbing scam imo. I know they need to make money, pay employees and overall it is a business; however things as a gamer I don't understand.

1. Why have gold/silver in the game? It is only for potions, minor injury kits and professions, Oh and too buy your first mount if you do not have a package deal.
    2. Everything is in Astral Diamonds, Why? Is it the gold farmers? Is it to buy Zen and sell it or just vice versa?
    3. I made lv 40 and though to myself, I should see if I could buy my mount training +2 ... I have 13 gold now...OH wait I can't...it is like 750,000 astral diamonds. I have a total of about 50k...I would have more, but I didn't no it was going to cost me 4k to 10k to put in a rune enhancement or take one out at that prices (thought AD's be a little easier to come by).
    4. My pet peeve: I want to play D&D and I would like to experiment with my character class; however I do not want to have to either spend $10 for 1000 Zen and then pay 600 Zen to respect every time. I mean they set it up so you have to pay HUGH AD's for feat respect and Zen only for Power respect. I am sorry this is a grab for cash and if I mess up my character then I either pay it, not play or play a broken/gimped character that isn't fun.
    5. Overall the game as F2P is great, can't ask for anything better because you do not have to come out any money what-so-ever; however if you are like me, I would gladly pay $15 a month for a working game. People will knock on WoW but you know what for $15 a month it is a great game and if I want to spend money on extra cosmetic items, then I can...and they seem to be still making money from it.

Well it was fun while it lasted...which is about 6 days for me...I think others will move on as well as time goes, and I hope the diehard fans keep paying to keep it afloat for all those f2p players.
  • mystictunnelrammystictunnelram Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't even played the game yet, but I would like to point out that the game is in BETA. Meaning it is not completely finished and not completely polished. Just sayin'
  • nirrudnsoknirrudnsok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kidplayer1 wrote: »
    It's more like skyrim, very linear no free roam or exploration .. I'm playing it as a single player rpg to kill time.

Did... did he just call Skyrim linear?
  • devostifdevostif Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nirrudnsok wrote: »
    Did... did he just call Skyrim linear?
    I'm not sure if they were being sarcastic or not, I'm confused on this one, confused and potentially very gullible.
  • l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Threads like this are so informative.

If you don't enjoy yourself...

Leave...

Simple.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The trick is to offer stuff in the store that I really really want, while at the same time making said purchases both interesting and worthwhile.

Right now, I see a few things I'd want to buy, but far more things that are, IMO, overpriced for what they provide and/or not enough smaller-scale purchases that interest me.

But to the point of the OP: It is massively multiplayer, it's definitely online, and you do take on the role of a character you created, (and can engage in further roleplaying if you like).

The trick is simple, make sure there is enough content to justify the cost of zen and the zen prices in the zen store.

At the current moment, zen costs in both rl money and ingame zen store do not make it worth it imho for the content that is currently ingame.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm starting to think this game is just a money grab myself. It has no depth and there are many many things missing that should be a featured in any MMO in 2008 let alone 2013. the classes are imbalanced the weapon skins are abysmal and too few, cash shop prices are outrageous customer support is almost non-existent, crafting is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> et cetera et cetera.
  • drakin8564drakin8564 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok... This thread kinda astounds me tbh...

1. This is completely irrelevent to NW but how is skyrim linear??? I have 200 hours logged on skyrim of mainly sidequests and me doing whatever i please.

2. It is still in BETA. You do realize that that means the game is NOT complete yet and it is still in testing and there will be new features added and current features tweaked right??

3. I in no way see this as a cash grab. I've seen nothing sold that I absolutely have to have that I have to pay for. I can make 10s of thousands of AD per day from invoking, dailies and professions and im only about lvl 30. If you want to call something a cash grab what about a game thats been around for years charging $60 for new expansions and still charging $15 a month. Take just the $15 a month plus the inevitable $60 to originally buy one of the p2ps. $210 a year. Thats 21000 zen before any bonus offers which at current rates translates to 10,500,000 AD. And this doesn't include the extra that you are going to spend on those p2ps for expansions and other things. You really think its unfair that for the same price as a year of a new p2p you get to play the game AND either 21000 zen or 10.5m AD?

3. Yes the AD does stop gold farming. Gold is used mainly for potions, mounts, companions, professions etc. Would you rather it be set up so that there is constant gold farming and no system that you can exchange for the games cash currency?

4. If you screw up your character it is your fault. Most games charge for a character reset, however in this game there is a method where it is at least possibly to buy a reset without spending cash on it. Why would you complain about that???

5. The game does have customers. Everyone playing the game is a customer and a potential zen buyer. And support has been excellent so far. Near immediate fixes for big problems such as lag and server problems, constant updates on their progress. We are BETA TESTING. They have alot of things to work out. Who cares that you cant delete mail with items in it before taking them out? Generally you want the items in it if for nothing else to sell but you can just drag them out of your inv and discard them then delete the stupid mail...

6. You cant hear the dungeon que because you are typing?? LMAO do you have your speakers off? Nevermind the big thing that pops up on your screen asking if you would like to join the team thats ready for the dung.

7. If you hit the print screen button the game saves your screenshots to a folder in the games file system, save as most any other decent mmo.

People will find anything to complain about in a game. It doesnt matter what game it is either. If there is a single thing in a game that makes something difficult it will be complained about. Like grr I cant click an x at the top of a box that popped up on the screen I have to click done or finished. Oh noes, gold drop rates just arent fast enough and I dont have enough to buy multiple companions and a horse at lvl 20... No one wants to buy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I put on the AH because I wasnt bright enough to check what you could buy the sme item for in a store. Or this stupid professions system takes too long to give me my free items. All of that is ridiculous yet I would bet money that every single one will be complained about at some point. What do you guys want? You want them to give you a lvl 60 character with awesome gear and all items in game for free? Would that make you stop complaining about this BS? IF thats what you want then WHY ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING? Leave and rid us of the ignorance.

I hate these arguments. Cant believe they are charging $10 for _____. I could have _____ for free in this other game that I pay $15 a month to play! Such an outrage! DUR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakin8564 wrote: »
    ok... This thread kinda astounds me tbh...

1. This is completely irrelevent to NW but how is skyrim linear??? I have 200 hours logged on skyrim of mainly sidequests and me doing whatever i please. I agree altho the Main Quest is very linear, the game itself is not.

2. It is still in BETA. You do realize that that means the game is NOT complete yet and it is still in testing and there will be new features added and current features tweaked right?? Its actually in open beta they are now in the "polish" stage. Don't exspect any drastic changes unless they are game breaking. Aka If anything changes at this point its because something broke.

3. I in no way see this as a cash grab. I've seen nothing sold that I absolutely have to have that I have to pay for. I can make 10s of thousands of AD per day from invoking, dailies and professions and im only about lvl 30. If you want to call something a cash grab what about a game thats been around for years charging $60 for new expansions and still charging $15 a month. Take just the $15 a month plus the inevitable $60 to originally buy one of the p2ps. $210 a year. Thats 21000 zen before any bonus offers which at current rates translates to 10,500,000 AD. And this doesn't include the extra that you are going to spend on those p2ps for expansions and other things. You really think its unfair that for the same price as a year of a new p2p you get to play the game AND either 21000 zen or 10.5m AD? No comment really on this one, but the fact that AD is the Base Currency (aka everything but very little in the game dosn't require it) that its made the actual DnD currencies (Gold, Silver, Copper) pretty much just vanity money. For anyone that plays STO thnk GPL.

3. Yes the AD does stop gold farming. Gold is used mainly for potions, mounts, companions, professions etc. Would you rather it be set up so that there is constant gold farming and no system that you can exchange for the games cash currency? STO and CO run using there in-game currencies and I rarely if ever see a "gold Farmer" advertising in the game.

4. If you screw up your character it is your fault. Most games charge for a character reset, however in this game there is a method where it is at least possibly to buy a reset without spending cash on it. Why would you complain about that??? Because I can think of atleast one very popular MMO that dose not charge real money to fix a trial and error. The very fact that it dose cost RL cash to change anything I have done nothing that would require it to ensure until all information is available that I can make a character I will enjoy.

5. The game does have customers. Everyone playing the game is a customer and a potential zen buyer. And support has been excellent so far. Near immediate fixes for big problems such as lag and server problems, constant updates on their progress. We are BETA TESTING. They have alot of things to work out. Who cares that you cant delete mail with items in it before taking them out? Generally you want the items in it if for nothing else to sell but you can just drag them out of your inv and discard them then delete the stupid mail... I actually like this mechanic. Prevents accident Lag Deletes of important item holding mails.

People will find anything to complain about in a game. It doesnt matter what game it is either. If there is a single thing in a game that makes something difficult it will be complained about. Like grr I cant click an x at the top of a box that popped up on the screen I have to click done or finished. Oh noes, gold drop rates just arent fast enough and I dont have enough to buy multiple companions and a horse at lvl 20... No one wants to buy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I put on the AH because I wasnt bright enough to check what you could buy the sme item for in a store. Or this stupid professions system takes too long to give me my free items. All of that is ridiculous yet I would bet money that every single one will be complained about at some point. What do you guys want? You want them to give you a lvl 60 character with awesome gear and all items in game for free? Would that make you stop complaining about this BS? IF thats what you want then WHY ARE YOU EVEN PLAYING? Leave and rid us of the ignorance.

I hate these arguments. Cant believe they are charging $10 for _____. I could have _____ for free in this other game that I pay $15 a month to play! Such an outrage! DUR Do remember that alot of the stuff in there is Per Character (that means at minimum to buy something at you example price on your two characters that would be $20 plus whatever it might be to unlock other things they have yet to announce.

Just put my stuff in red to make it easier to see. Removed the questions/awnser that really didn't need any extra inputs.
  • liadanamaethalliadanamaethal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    When WoW first dropped, it didn't have any raids at all, if I remember correctly. :-\ Just 5 man dungeons, with a very small number that could be completed with 10 person groups.