test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So all my foundry missions dissapeared.

vazkrovazkro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It seems all my foundry missions dissapeared. Even though I was following the foundry terms of agreement I was suspended due to having a mission that most likely gave more exp in the eyes of cryptic than was allowed but not only did they remove that map they also removed all other maps that had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Slightly off-topic but I still don't know how long my unjustified suspension is and seeing that there are already topics that tickets are not being answered within days I'm a bit worried.

Now I seriously and I mean seriously hope I was overlooking my other foundry missions while checking on an alternate account a few hours ago but in all honesty I find the chances very low.
Just in case could someone please check if any of my missions is still up by searching for @vazkro in the foundry ?
There should be missions called: training with the summoners, training with the observers and village of memories.

It would be very much appreciated, and I am not posting this to fight my suspension I already made a ticket about that but this post is just me asking for help of anyone to see if my foundry missions are still available to them.

I really ask the forum gm's to not close this post before someone helped me, and even better if a forum gm does stumble upon this thread before an actual player I would kindly like to ask them aswell to check if they could find my missions if they have any spare time.

Cheers,
Vazkro
Post edited by vazkro on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Btw, anyone from Cryptic that could message me how long I am suspended. Anyway I just want to play since I did nothing wrong according to the terms of agreement I accepted when making my foundry map. If you want to get a popular map you have to start early because most people only play the popular maps. I made multiple friends check it and it seems really all the completely non related maps ( some of which were quite popular and much played ) also got removed.( btw I am just guessing I got suspended because I made a map last night that gave easier experience than usual since I still have not even received an email about why or how long I was suspended but since I never used bad language or cheating that is the only thing I can think of )
    So I no longer need anyone to check the maps for me at this point it just became more of a question of wether or not cryptic intends to restore the non related maps to the way they were. I've gotten a lot of feedback on those maps on things people like to see in maps and it would be a really and I mean really low blow if so much feedback is simply destroyed in the blink of an eye.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The foundry was having issue this weekend (I was trying to work on mine) and they were all gone (not just mine) but later it was restored.

We, as creators of missions, can't give more exp than the system allow. It will auto adjust the enemy according to the level of the character. Now the only reason I can see that may cause the "suspension" would be sexual in nature (i.e. illegal stuff that I won't mention)

Now another way of getting "suspended" at least from what I heard would be a chat ban (i.e. multiple people report you and you are muted, but if you are chat ban multiple times, you MAY get temporal ban/suspended)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for taking the time to reply sasheria, I really wish it was something like you mentioned but I haven't been talking to anyone in game. I only whispered with 3 friends and non of it was a sexual or racist or politic conversation.
    So far I haven't even leveled that much in game ( level 26 is my highest character ) I was mainly busy with learning how the foundry works and making maps.
    And it is not that I somehow magically made monsters give more exp than usual, I just put them in a situation where as a ranged character it would be easier to kill them without risk in one of my missions. That's honestly it, and because of that all my foundry missions seem to have dissapeared and all the amazing feedback gone. ( also I haven't been muted before in neverwinter because I barely ever talked at all unless with the friends in whisper ).

Thanks again for thinking with me sasheria, I hope to get some more confirmed information soon. So cryptic I wish for you to delete the map that was perhaps easier than needed but give me my other maps back in the original state they were before deleted ( with the comments ). If you must then even take away the 7-8 levels I did in the mentioned map on my control wizard, to me it's not the levels that matter anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No reply yet on my ticket or in here, there is this currency that expires after not praying at a campfire for a short period of time. I really hope I do not also lose the currency I build up in there. Especially since I never received a warning any of my missions were doing anything wrong so I could delete them instantly.
  • Options
    sers1sers1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heeey! I think I was on one of your missions. got to the second observer, logged for dinner and when i came back couldn't finish cause they had been removed. T.T
    I was having fun with it, too. hope you get it worked out soon!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Sers1 ! As I stated before, if I was indeed suspended for having 1 map that gave ranged characters an unfair advantage in killing mobs then I atleast hope they have the decency to restore all the non related maps. Take away the 7-8 levels my control wizard gained but give me back the amazing feedback people gave on some of the maps ( especially training with the summoners 2.4 had a lot of comments ). If cryptic does that then I will have all faith restored in them that I lost with how champions online was handled and how I have been suspended without a message why or how long.
    Man I just really hope things work out so I'm sorry for repeating the same thing over and over but it's just that if I talk too much about other stuff then the main problem might be put in the background.
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, if it wasn't exploitive, it really shouldn't have been removed.

They really need to refine the foundry, and make caps on things they consider bannable in the foundry equipment itself,
    so that it's not even possible to make maps that might break rules.
    They shouldn't punish players for making maps that were allowed to be made in the foundry,
    if they want certain rules to be in place,
    then the foundry itself should stop you from crossing them, by not even being able to make maps that would break the rules.

I mean, it isn't fair if someone doesn't know what Cyptic's exp limit or something is,
    they shouldn't ban people for accidentally making maps that might break rules,
    they should only ban the ones who knowingly broke rules
    [as in knowing what the rules were (and said rules were obvious), but still broke them, anyway].
  • Options
    tythomptythomp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Vazkro, I loved your maps and subscribed and left feedback. :D

That said it looks like your maps are there.. but when I go to travel to it a message pops up saying unable to find in map manager.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vazkro wrote: »
    Thanks Sers1 ! As I stated before, if I was indeed suspended for having 1 map that gave ranged characters an unfair advantage in killing mobs

You answered your own question kid.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now comes the part when all the people who got banned for exploiting (or creating exploits) come to the forums to profess their innocence.

1. few here will believe you

2. doesn't matter if we do, take it up with support
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys if we keep this up I'm sure a gm will notice sooner or later and I hope I can hear why I was suspended then and have my other questions answered.

Elyrielle : quite a few people played my maps and they would know I did not make exploiting maps. ( unless having a field with 5 , yes 5 ogres in them is exploiting ) The only map even close to something you could call exploiting is the last map I made which was barely played anyway and it gave wizards a way to level safer. In that case delete the map or tell me to delete it and problem is fixed.
    Also I made a ticket and it was not replied to nor did I receive an email saying why or for how long I was suspended so I can only guess it was for the map with a wizard safespot.

Tythomp : Thanks for giving me that information, if you can still see them in the subscribed list then I guess there is some hope my non related maps aren't deleted afterall and they could just be disabled while im suspended ( maybe false hope but hope atleast ).

Sephere : Yes I totally agree with you there, warn me and I know what is wrong and I can fix anything that is required. I almost feel scared making a map again because if I make a map with a cliff in it and there happens to be a spot where you can kill 1 or 2 mobs safely would that be called abusing the system aswell? One thing is sure, once my suspension is over it will be very flat maps I'm making. With nothing even remotely safe but maybe adding some trees so people aren't completely bored.

pops000 : I don't see why you would call me a kid, I am guessing the reason I am suspended is because I made a safespot for wizards to fight without risk. It is not even certain since I have no info at all regarding my suspension and since i've never been suspended in a cryptic game before and don't plan to be again I don't know how long it is.
    And as I said before, if cryptic finds one of my maps to have something they don't like then delete the map or tell me to delete it and never make such a thing again. Don't suspend without any explanation or warning, that just simply leaves too much questionmarks.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You again answered your own question.

Making a map with zero risk?

A rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.

You will probably get unbanned, they need you to spend money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pops you are completely ignoring everything else I said though. But whatever it seems you are doing it on purpose. Let's hope everything just goes smoothly from here on out because the game itself is awesome and I enjoy playing it a lot.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vazkro wrote: »
    It seems all my foundry missions dissapeared. Even though I was following the foundry terms of agreement I was suspended due to having a mission that most likely gave more exp in the eyes of cryptic than was allowed but not only did they remove that map they also removed all other maps that had absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Slightly off-topic but I still don't know how long my unjustified suspension is and seeing that there are already topics that tickets are not being answered within days I'm a bit worried.

Now I seriously and I mean seriously hope I was overlooking my other foundry missions while checking on an alternate account a few hours ago but in all honesty I find the chances very low.
    Just in case could someone please check if any of my missions is still up by searching for @vazkro in the foundry ?
    There should be missions called: training with the summoners, training with the observers and village of memories.

It would be very much appreciated, and I am not posting this to fight my suspension I already made a ticket about that but this post is just me asking for help of anyone to see if my foundry missions are still available to them.

I really ask the forum gm's to not close this post before someone helped me, and even better if a forum gm does stumble upon this thread before an actual player I would kindly like to ask them aswell to check if they could find my missions if they have any spare time.

Cheers,
    Vazkro

I played Training with Summoners I can honestly say there was plenty of text and NPC interaction ( albeit odd as a basket full of pink polar bears ). What I think has happened some of the more pretentious authors have massed reported you due to it not being DnD lore and not having 40 mins of walking about being forced to read bad fan fic. Your mish was alright not great (in my opinion) but had the right mix of bad fan fic and killing stuff.

I think the foundry in NW has a big problem and its NOT these short killing mishes.
  • Options
    ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I guess they just need to delete those foundry exploits where you can just nuke mobs without even get a hit. They need to scan the foundry map entrys and just accept the good ones. That's only my opinion, and I enjoy myself leveling by quests even if you don't.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ddobs wrote: »
    I guess they just need to delete those foundry exploits where you can just nuke mobs without even get a hit. They need to scan the foundry map entrys and just accept the good ones. That's only my opinion, and I enjoy myself leveling by quests even if you don't.

Your missing the point though. His foundry mishes you couldn't just nuke mobs. And you would die a lot. His ones had people to talk to and hard mob encounters that could easily squish your face off . People seen the word "TRAINING" and just hit report without even trying it.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    If you were using the foundry to create XP exploit maps, I hope your ban never expires.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    If you were using the foundry to create XP exploit maps, I hope your ban never expires.

Oh I agree exploiters should be banned BUT having played some of the OP's mishes I wouldnt say he was one of them. I would say his treatment is somewhat unfair :I
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I played Training with Summoners I can honestly say there was plenty of text and NPC interaction ( albeit odd as a basket full of pink polar bears ). What I think has happened some of the more pretentious authors have massed reported you due to it not being DnD lore and not having 40 mins of walking about being forced to read bad fan fic. Your mish was alright not great (in my opinion) but had the right mix of bad fan fic and killing stuff.

I think the foundry in NW has a big problem and its NOT these short killing mishes.

I agree with this, as I also tried Training with Summoners once and it was okay (I think i gave it a three star rating) . Some very fun NPC interactions including comedy dialogue with a boar, summoner and a skelteon, although no real plot development. Certainly on a melee (admittedly a GWF) it was fairly challenging, and not at all exploitable. So, I am astonished that Cryptic took action against its author.

Then again Cryptic have been known to over-react before (*cough* GWF nerf *cough*).
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    nepht wrote: »
    Oh I agree exploiters should be banned BUT having played some of the OP's mishes I wouldnt say he was one of them. I would say his treatment is somewhat unfair :I

Same here - I would go so far as saying totally unfair. If you haven't actually played his mission Rancore I don't see how you can possibly make such a judgement.
  • Options
    angeloburton123angeloburton123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Played that summoner map of yours. I don't recall which version it was, but I played it only a couple days ago - so probably a recent version.
    Combat wise it went down like this: Outdoor area, small enclosure (3 walls, one way open) with NPCs you talk to, open field next to it.

- Talk to one NPC and about half a dozen squishy mobs get spawned. AOE takes easy care of them.
    - Talk to the next NPC and now you are to kill 5 big/elite mobs in the open field. They are spawned in a X formation, but the spread is so wide that you can engage them 1 by 1 without pulling the others. In the unlikely event that you have problems with that mob, you have the option to pull back to the enclosure like area.
    - Talk to NPCs to make the 5 X formation mobs respawn, rinse repeat

Don't know if that really counts as exploiting but obviously someone did.
  • Options
    mimterestmimterest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the Training With the Summoners, and Training With The Observers, they were monster farm maps, sure, but they had a backstory, and nothing unusual or shady going on there, in Summoners the Summoners spawned 5 ogres for you to test your mettle against. Please tell me how this is exploiting or bannable, not to mention there was unique dialogues for all the summoners as you progressed through the waves.

With Training With The Observers it went even further, and had a story that something went wrong and a rival faction attacked. It didn't have easily farmable monsters, you had to fight them fair and square just like the previous map. I like grinding monsters so these were some of my favorite maps, and if stuff like this goes on I'm sad I used Zen on the game.

Kneejerk "EXPLOIT!!1" bans and removing maps without even checking them thoroughly, and banning legitimate map makers just because it isn't exactly the kind of map they wanted is just wrong. I can go and farm mobs endlessly in any outdoor zone, they respawn fast! I can easily kill at least 4 Officers/Enforcers in the pirate zone for 20-28 in the time it took for me to kill the Ogres, with comparable drops and good exp. Random rolls on Zen paid packs with no other way to get half the profession gear, almost no communication on known issues, no status update on why support tickets keep piling up. I just don't see this as acceptable in any way, and will not be spending any more money on the game until they either step up or sell Cryptic's MMO to someone else.

(EDIT: I am aware some of that was slightly off-topic, but it's a big part of why I'm furious about this situation with Vazkro >.< )
  • Options
    thisdaysdemisethisdaysdemise Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't know if that really counts as exploiting but obviously someone did.

Based on a post from late last week, straight from a Community Mod, that's NOT considered exploiting. They said the only bans should hit maps which box/trap in the mobs. These Summoner/Observer maps allowed you to fight the mobs 1on1, and that's the key - the mobs could fight back. Per the mod's own words, that should be kosher.
  • Options
    jegethyjegethy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the pleasure of using your Training with Summoners 2.4 map and there was nothing in there that I would have considered an exploit. The map had a proper story structure and layout and didn't trap the mobs in a room or use other methods (such as spike traps) to help you kill them.

The deletion of your map and suspension of your account is really poor practice from the GMs and something that should be fixed quickly before they drive the game into the ground with these unnecessary and harsh punishments.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mimterest wrote: »
    the Training With the Summoners, and Training With The Observers, they were monster farm maps, sure, but they had a backstory, and nothing unusual or shady going on there, in Summoners the Summoners spawned 5 ogres for you to test your mettle against. Please tell me how this is exploiting or bannable, not to mention there was unique dialogues for all the summoners as you progressed through the waves.

With Training With The Observers it went even further, and had a story that something went wrong and a rival faction attacked. It didn't have easily farmable monsters, you had to fight them fair and square just like the previous map. I like grinding monsters so these were some of my favorite maps, and if stuff like this goes on I'm sad I used Zen on the game.

Kneejerk "EXPLOIT!!1" bans and removing maps without even checking them thoroughly, and banning legitimate map makers just because it isn't exactly the kind of map they wanted is just wrong. I can go and farm mobs endlessly in any outdoor zone, they respawn fast! I can easily kill at least 4 Officers/Enforcers in the pirate zone for 20-28 in the time it took for me to kill the Ogres, with comparable drops and good exp. Random rolls on Zen paid packs with no other way to get half the profession gear, almost no communication on known issues, no status update on why support tickets keep piling up. I just don't see this as acceptable in any way, and will not be spending any more money on the game until they either step up or sell Cryptic's MMO to someone else.

(EDIT: I am aware some of that was slightly off-topic, but it's a big part of why I'm furious about this situation with Vazkro >.< )

No your not off topic you are so on ON TOPIC it hurts.

Reading your very accurate reviews of the OPs foundry creations shows us what was actually happening with the OP was he was learning to use the foundry.
    Each creation was getting more complex and he was improving his trade with each one. We have to remember not everyone can do on lore mega epics first time around. Hopefully its just temp and the OP will be back because he was starting to show promise.

So can all people new to the foundry expect to be banned?
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mimterest wrote: »
    jegethy wrote: »
    I had the pleasure of using your Training with Summoners 2.4 map and there was nothing in there that I would have considered an exploit. The map had a proper story structure and layout and didn't trap the mobs in a room or use other methods (such as spike traps) to help you kill them.

The deletion of your map and suspension of your account is really poor practice from the GMs and something that should be fixed quickly before they drive the game into the ground with these unnecessary and harsh punishments.

I agree on this map. I played it once yesterday and, while it was not exactly my cup of tea, I saw nothing wrong with it. I actually thought it was a good training mission and left feedback saying so. I would have wished for more variety myself (it felt like additional "waves" were just added to pad out the time) and had to pull more then one to make it a challenge, so I would not have played it again as-is, but I'm not sure how it falls into exploit territory. If boring is an exploit, I know some other MMOs where the devs should get suspensions, too. ;)

That said, if the problem was as widespread as it seems to have been, Cryptic may have needed to act quickly to cut out the exploit maps and used too wide an eraser. Unless I am missing something on this mission, I'd send in an appeal on the suspension.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you all very much for your comments, it really warms my heart seeing you all talk about it and it made me realise I am not alone in this situation. For now I'm going to bed for a bit but I hope we will have gotten a nice cryptic reply here or in my email when I wake up ( and with nice I don't mean a thread closed post without any explanation ).
    If I do get an email instead of a reply here then I will ofcourse let you guys know.
    Good night everyone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so here is what happened so far :
    I have not yet heard anything in my mail or private messages.
    My account seems to no longer be suspended ( thank god ).
    I still have access to the comments/feedback people gave on my old maps.
    However somehow my old maps ( even the story based ones ) are blocked from pressing the publish button to make them work again.
    I tried the duplicate map button but that also seems blocked.

Conclusion : I am really happy my account is no longer suspended and most importantly that I can see all the comments/feedback again. I am a bit sad that I can't play any of my old maps anymore ( not that they were great but for nostalgia reasons and because they were my first projects ).
    But yeah, we are a big jump towards a happy ending now. I deleted the map that could have caused my suspension because I don't want anything like this happening again ( the delete key was not blocked lol ) now I'm just hoping they will unlock my normal maps soon.

Cheers again for all your replies in this thread yesterday.

edit : uh ohh the problem is a bit more serious, they blocked all foundry publishing even from new maps. I just made a completely new map over the past few hours but I can't publish it. I guess I'll make a new ticket about that.
  • Options
    zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    Hmm...seems like they may have revoked your foundry privileges.

I personally dont agree with what you are doing, and let's be real here. When I go into town and the chat spam is full of looking for CW for foundry farming....it's a freaking problem and I have no doubt you knew what you were doing. (dont bother defending/justifying yourself to me, I wont believe you.)

I'd give you a 30 day ban on publishing content if it was me.

That being said.
    Not notifying you in mail for the reason of your suspension and/or punishment and the length of them...well, it's exactly what I would expect from a PW F2P game, it's not like they have this reputation for lousy customer service or anything.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    Making a map with zero risk?

Yes. Let's ban those pesky roleplayers!
This discussion has been closed.