test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@PWE/Cryptic - Quitting until GWF gets fixed.

2»

Comments

• mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP is mostly correct. I have yet to see ONE PERSON post screenshots of a GWF that has performed well in a dungeon, let alone PVP. Until I see that, you are all just contrarians with nothing to back your claims and silly "L2P" statements.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Heres an idea use a different class.

Said the Rogue. Shut up.
  • zerodin1zerodin1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My GWF is currently level 40 and I used to think the class was complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at level 18 to 20. The fact of the matter is the class is simply weak before level 25ish. GWF class is getting insanely more powerful at my level with the ability to dish out tons of damage and compete in dps charts. Kill death ratio in PvP was horrible before level 25, now I am owning fools. Do not be sad young GWF, we snowball hard with levels. If they buffed the lower levels it would imbalance the late game.
  • jilsarrjilsarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another trash lowbie qq, moving on. So you know, kid. GWF is best AOE in game endgame, cant run any dungeons w/o them. Please STFU and reach max lvl first, thank you. I know 2 GWS wich outdps t2 rogues, please stop the crying, scrub when you are not 60. MMOS ARE NEVER BALANCED FOR LVLING THEY ARE BALANCED FOR ENDGAME!!! I hate <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people, who just know how to QQ. So much scrubness in this new generation of ****ter kids who used to getting everything on a plate, like cookies from their mothers.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jilsarr wrote: »
    Another trash lowbie qq, moving on. So you know, kid. GWF is best AOE in game endgame, cant run any dungeons w/o them. Please STFU and reach max lvl first, thank you. I know 2 GWS wich outdps t2 rogues, please stop the crying, scrub when you are not 60. MMOS ARE NEVER BALANCED FOR LVLING THEY ARE BALANCED FOR ENDGAME!!! I hate <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people, who just know how to QQ. So much scrubness in this new generation of ****ter kids who used to getting everything on a plate, like cookies from their mothers.

For someone who has a grand total of 4 posts you do seem to know a huge amount about endgame. In fact a more cynical person would think you were an alt account and it is always hard to believe someone's alt account.

Back to topic, I don't doubt GWF gets better at endgame if only because they can't get any worse relatively speaking than the early leveling experience. So I would really like to see multiple screenshots of those GWFs dominating tier 2 dungeons.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    BYE !
    I love GWF . And if you would of rolled half-orc most your problems wouldn't of happened .
    You have to MOVE as a GWF .
    At 36ish you can spec them to do more single target damage , I didn't but a guildy did . So it is an option for people that want a more traditional fighter . BUT the strength of GWF is its ability to handle crowds, and you lose this if you spec for single target .
    We thrive in the ' holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> its a triple spawn ' moment when the other classes die . More mobs in a swipe = way more damage .

^ ******bags like this should stop posting all together. You do realize alot of these people that will quit or leave this game over the under tuned GWF are most likely customers that would pay this company money? The more people leave, the more of a chance that they were likely paying customers and less money for development.

The OP has a point, ive played a GWF to 54 and it was terrible the whole way, tried different builds, dodging (sprint), full blue quality enchanted gear doesnt matter..health potions are always a must for this class and the damage output is horrible. Go play a rogue to 50, come back and tell me the GWF is on the same level...AOE class or not it doesn't work and needs to be TUNED. I constantly double or even triple the total damage dealt of GWF in skirmishes or dungeons on my rogue, its very funny.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    Complete BS. I play GWF, currently level 27, and am in the top two (3 if there's another GWF) in every dungeon group I'm in. I love this class and am having a blast playing it. I don't feel like it has any problems with DPS.
  • vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a level 55 GWF, I've played since first day of opening.
    Playing with my bro casually and to be honest GWF isn't bad from 1-55 so far.
    From 1-15 was nasty but once you get your companion all goes well from there.
    The only thing I would change about this class is to increase the damage of the level 50 skills.(they seem kinda low)
    As for AOE dmg, this class is a beast however, WMS is a little slow with the swinging

As for PVP, sometimes I get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by Rogues and CW, sometimes I **** them depending on the gear difference
    Overall I give this class a 7.5/10
  • stormerstormer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I already said I love my GWF the most of any available class atm. I won't deny that something "feels" off dps wise with this class for levels 1-28 or so. I had it easy I have guardian founder weapon so it was a breeze until 20 and levels up to 30 happen fast enough anyway.

But for people that would otherwise want some more help earlier in form of cleric companion you can help yourself. Roll a TR or something and speedlevel to 16 grab cleric companion from quest reward and mail it's contract to yourself then start a GWF and at level 4 when you exit tutorial you get companion waiting in your mailbox.
  • mysticaskmysticask Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF are total useless in PVE end game, I have full progress with GWF, GWF never could be top in dps (TR is always better), GWF is trash now. He coul be only semi-good in some AOE.
  • naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    I really don't get why ppl think the GWF is bad, I had heard pre 40 leveling was rough but post 40 they really came into their own. After leveling a GF to 60 I figured I would give a GWF a try, I have had zero issues, pre 40 was no different then my GF, I can't really comment on post 40 because I'm still working on getting to 60 but considering thats when people say they get better I don't see any problems.

I really can honestly say there is nothing wrong with the GWF, I am really enjoying it and as I said have had no troubles. Can someone explain what I'm doing right and so many are doing wrong ?
    18.jpg
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A review of GWF with screenshots of the starting area talking about having to drink 5 pots in the starting dungeon is priceless. Thanks for the laugh.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I am afraid 'I Quit' threads just aren't very productive.

Class changes will be coming but threads threatening to quit due to changes simply don't promote a quality discussion. Please keep feedback discussions directly tied to your feedback. :)
This discussion has been closed.