test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everyone knows Rogues are OP

Comments

• rjax097rjax097 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just remember folks, it's all about balance....OOPS!
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OH wait, I only heal myself for 60% of the healing I can normally do to others, thats so OP. When one of the rogues can do half my health in one hit if he crit.

I got crit yesterday for 35k, 31k, 28k and 21k with the big numbers... all different matches all different rogues. I sent one a tell "that was a massive crit!!!" and he responded "What? That was my daily" like duh, of course it killed you (and most anyone else) in a single hit... it's the daily.

If my dailies hit for 30k, I would be complained about being OP up and down the seaboard.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OH wait, I only heal myself for 60% of the healing I can normally do to others, thats so OP. When one of the rogues can do half my health in one hit if he crit.

so we are just suppose to take your word, all these random numbers and this happend, a rogue hit me for 9mil omg., nerf. ?#$$##

really? wow, moms basement has done a toll on you, u really need to get out more.

im trying to see where u can actually gather all the info. like, all damage numbers, resistances, armor pen of you and your target, all stats at the time, other factors such as buffs on you and the one killing you.. even both rotations? dont even get me started on the facts that are not hard, such as skill.. but then again,

why muddy the water with actual known facts.. lets just cry, and pull random # out of thin air and scream .. its not about taking all lfactors into consideration.. its about .. i want to win, and im mad cause i cant... lol
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • dankshastadankshasta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There simply is no class balance. I have been on teams of 4 TRs, and a healer and it's unbeatable against a so-called "stacked group". The PvP in Neverwinter is awful, so I don't mess with it anymore. It would take a monumental effort by the developers to even make it playable. The way CC works, the DPS balance, how heals and mounts are utilized, all rank as awful just to name a few of many flaws. It's honestly just horrible. Having said that the PvE is still decent.
  • urborgstalkerurborgstalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry rogues, the Devs have the raw numbers and the nerf bat will be coming regardless of your protests. All of the "but this ability can make it hard for me to kill people" talk falls flat on its face when rogues consistently outscore their team by large margins and outnumber every other class in the game. Either the rogue will be nerfed or the other classes will be buffed. Either way, THEN we will find out if you are all as skilled as you say you are.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is a point in case of what I mean that PVP does not belong in a DnD game, classes are not suppose to be balanced they all are suppose to have strengths and weaknesses.

Balance for the sake of pvp and for the sake of all the whiners makes classes dull. Its a good way to mess up pve which in general is what DnD is all about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • l7arkspiritl7arkspirit Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    U have a perfect reply to your mistakes in cleric skills. If u have any problem use bing or just find a brain.

LOL, before you post another comment with yet another one of your rants please learn how to speak English. You trying to insult me is like expecting a dog to fly. Stop spewing your bull**** on this thread if you don't even know the basics of your own class. It's funny how I know more about the class you are playing than you.

Idiot....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry rogues, the Devs have the raw numbers and the nerf bat will be coming regardless of your protests. All of the "but this ability can make it hard for me to kill people" talk falls flat on its face when rogues consistently outscore their team by large margins and outnumber every other class in the game. Either the rogue will be nerfed or the other classes will be buffed. Either way, THEN we will find out if you are all as skilled as you say you are.

Rogues are the only strikers available in this game, I'm pretty sure a class designed for DPS is supposed to kill you in any 1v1 situation. But I bet people like you will complain no matter what. And you can wait all you want, I hope the nerf bat never comes.

Oh and another prediction, once the new striker gets released you guys will call it OP aswel.

In b4 scrubs calling nerfs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I got crit yesterday for 35k, 31k, 28k and 21k with the big numbers... all different matches all different rogues. I sent one a tell "that was a massive crit!!!" and he responded "What? That was my daily" like duh, of course it killed you (and most anyone else) in a single hit... it's the daily.

If my dailies hit for 30k, I would be complained about being OP up and down the seaboard.

If your crits did 30k damage you would hide in your basement and close off all forms of communication just so you can keep it all to yourself....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people think rogues are soo OP. Roll one we'll wait while you level then come back with the CW/cleric/GF/GWF are so op threads.

Rogues are free kills to my DC and CW.
  • junigenmukyokujunigenmukyoku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rouges are OP because of Combat Advantage, I don't think many people know about this. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Combat_Advantage This synergizes with the rouge class way more than any of the other classes.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rogues are totally over the top in pvp. INSANE dmg (even from range they seem to hit hard) lock outs (that don;t share drs with other rogues) stuns, godd def. very very let down with pvp in this game. this is no balance WHAT SO EVER right now. i have killed 100% to dead ina rogue opener before, stunned so couldnt do anything.
    anyone and i mean ANYONE who tinks rogues are fine are 1) super diehard rogues who don;t wants nerfs or 2) utterly clueless about pvp.
  • whitupigguwhitupiggu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues aren't OP because of their damage. They are OP because of that bull**** silence power they get.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rouges are OP because of Combat Advantage, I don't think many people know about this. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Combat_Advantage This synergizes with the rouge class way more than any of the other classes.
    the combat advantage is working with every class by the way !

what is it gona be when the archer go out ? Well the archer is op it can throw arrow from far away...
    Rogue is all about hiding and doing killing blow.. Welcome to MMO and welcome to D&D

realy people !?! all i see right now on this post is like ''Momyyyy this guy does more damage than me because i choosed to be a tank knight and now this assassin is killing me''
    Get real people

Mage, fight from affare, does best dps againts large group and can controle a single foe to death (yeah rogue included) hight dps, no life or defense

GW: are slow but deliver hard blow while can still receive hard dmg and survive. Medium dps, medium defense

Tank knight: does realy low dps but take lot of damage. Low dps, high defense

Cleric: Heal party, stay away from combat but still can deliver some hard dmg, Medium to low : Dps, defense and high healing

rogue: Killing single fow by suprise, taking advantage of the fight area and disadvantage given by the
    nemie (ex lurking and stuff) High single fow dps, low area dmg, low defense and low life.

If you guy cant accept this you shouldnt play any d&d or MMo's
    I can already say that

Archer: Very high dps against 1 fow, medium againts multiple fow, medium defense and life (on archer usualy build will differ a lot from skill choosed) . fight from affar and have access to a couple of trap/stun

You can start complain those who have CW since your all gona cry about the archer because DAH! Archer are meant to kill mage and rogue ?! arent they ?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, obviously by having 30 pages there's a problem here, here's the major issue why having one overpowered class can ruin your game

its kills the replayability of your game, why should i waste time leveling a GWF when the trickster rogue does everything better and is overpowered? why should I play anything but this overpowered class? by effectively having some an OP class you basically remove the other classes from the game for good players, good players dont play scrub classes and GWF are HUGELY underpopulated, for every 30 trickster rogues im lucky to see ONE GWF

fix it now, fix it fast, soon people will get bored of playing rogue and wont have another alternative to melee dps, and no GWF is not a tank, fix your wording cryptic , balance the game now before everyone goes back to GW2
  • arkangelx3arkangelx3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All i hear are a bunch of whiny crybabies who think if they can QQ enough, then something will be done. Balance has never been achieved in any MMO EVER. Get over it.
    18.jpg
    edited May 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    ok, obviously by having 30 pages there's a problem here, here's the major issue why having one overpowered class can ruin your game

its kills the replayability of your game, why should i waste time leveling a GWF when the trickster rogue does everything better and is overpowered? why should I play anything but this overpowered class? by effectively having some an OP class you basically remove the other classes from the game for good players, good players dont play scrub classes and GWF are HUGELY underpopulated, for every 30 trickster rogues im lucky to see ONE GWF

fix it now, fix it fast, soon people will get bored of playing rogue and wont have another alternative to melee dps, and no GWF is not a tank, fix your wording cryptic , balance the game now before everyone goes back to GW2

did you read what i said ? because i see no answer nor reason for them to drop the rogue right now... ho you choosed to play GWF deal with it... class have their own advantage and disadvantage... i see all GWF complaining here because they get owned by rogue... well what are rogue meant to be !? i wouldnt create a thread complaining about CW control over my rogue if they get me once im dead.. So what should they do, drop the wizard !? no

wizard are good againts rogue and cleric
    Cleric are good againts well nothing realy.. they stay behind and heal lol
    rogue are good againts tank and fighter
    fighter are good againts wizard and cleric
    then archer will be good againts rogue and wizard..

thats it, deal with it...

• bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Learn how to fight rogues they aren't OP. As a CW(43) I can crit 8kish with my daily and shut down a rogue without him even getting near me.

GWF is what you will find is op and annoying as hell come level 40+ they can aoe crit 6k+ and prevent themselves from being CCed .. a good GWF with a good healer can change the game in a pvp match.

EDIT:: If you think rogues are OP then keep your **** *** out of pvp. k thx bai
  • frychiknfrychikn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant believe people can say rogues ARE NOT OP with a straight face.... do people just not have values anymore?
    edited May 2013
    frychikn wrote: »
    i cant believe people can say rogues ARE NOT OP with a straight face.... do people just not have values anymore?

what a nice agrgument.. i think you won over me...... /sarcasm off

by the way did yall see rogue in dungeon, man i need to run and stealth and still i need to drink potion every time i have the chance 2... i get hit twice by a boss and my screem flash red.. ho yeah, its the same in pvp if i dont settle my attack correctly if someone shift out of my deft strike / dazing strike combo im dead or i gota run away so

• xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sounds a lot more like a purely PvP problem to me. Maybe there needs to be a HP buff or some innate damage reduction in PvP matches. Might help with people getting the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> CCed out of them until dead by control wizards too

I haven't seen anything to indicate rogues are anything but fine in PvE, in fact they seem a little subpar in the later dungeons when AoE becomes more and more of a concern.

Honestly though, I think you are all a bit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to think a cryptic game has a chance in hell of being even remotely balanced at PvP. You might as well just quit now, pvp is always going to be an utter disaster... Just like STO and CO.

Cryptic makes PvE games. Best accept that and move on before you waste too much time *****ing and moaning.
  • arkangelx3arkangelx3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No it's because of most of us don't care. We have been through enough MMO's to understand that Balance will never be achieved. Classes will go up, Classes will go down. Its the way of things. There will always be someone on top, and sadly there will always be people like you who cry about it.
    18.jpg
  • komablackkomablack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uberguber wrote: »
    There are also several posts claiming Control Wizards are OP. So if 80% are rogues the rest must be CW. Do you have some official source for this 80% claim?

He saw 8 rogues, one CW and one cleric.
    He then upscaled this to the entire playerbase :)

That's how statistics work on forums.
    edited May 2013
    Ho yeah.. i just fighted the guy in storm keep castle... drank 21 potion and fighted him for 5 min... he does 1.5k dmg on critical, and i have 5k life thats nice. Im so OP!

• nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Okay so...I'm not reading the 30 pages of all this but I am going to say this.....

In ANY MMO that you have ever played when has the Thief/Rogue/Assassin class never been OP?

I think by nature the Rogue class will always have the upper hand in PvP. Unless they are focused heavily in combat.
  • saraibaxeadasaraibaxeada Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, before you post another comment with yet another one of your rants please learn how to speak English. You trying to insult me is like expecting a dog to fly. Stop spewing your bull**** on this thread if you don't even know the basics of your own class. It's funny how I know more about the class you are playing than you.

Idiot....

second option: get a brain and come for check your stupid comment.
    Incoming signature
  • th3modth3mod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Of course, a cleric full tank but deal 5000 hit with a single skill and heal for 15.000 HP in 2 seconds. Man of steel 2.0
    Clerics OP...
    weed rulz

Where exactly did I write 15k heal? I can not recall saying that mate, you made that up, all I said was he critted me for 5k. Seems like I am not the one on weed. Also, I did not say clercis are OP I said things change, they are kind of weak early levels and very strong late game :)
    edited May 2013
    Obviously most people on this thread do not know what they are talking about.
    Most people just spew their Bull**** without ever having done any research.
    ALL what is said is just an OPINION, and is not FACT. Yet they believe it to be so.
    What I see most is:

1. GWF is not a tank
    2. Rogues outnumber "this class" by 10 times the amount (with no proof).
    3. All you see in PvP is rogues
    4. Rogues do too much damage and, you can't dodge their skills!
    5. Rogues are OP at whatever they do, including but not limited to Dungeons, PvP, PvE, CC, Karate, Dancing.

And now let me try and elaborate on a few things.

1. GWF is a tank, if you never googled in your life you should start now. And preferably before you start talking **** on forums.
    Here's a link for the lazy people among us :)
    http://nwowiki.co/index.php?title=Classes

2. Rogues outnumber a class you say? by 10 times the amount you say? waaw this is totally not biased and opinionated at all.
    first of all, you assume you see rogues everywhere, yet you only claim that without providing any evidence to back that claim up.
    Anyone here can talk about numbers, watch I can do it too.
    Total % of classes:
    9% Trickster Rogues
    17% Great Weapon Fighters
    10% Guardian Fighters
    14% Devoted Clerics
    50% Control Wizards
    Point is: don't make stuff up just to prove your point, provide proof and stop QQing

3. All you see is rogues in PvP? same as the above, you have nothing to back your claim up yet just so you can post some more bull**** "fact" you add your opinion as fact.

4. Every skill a rogue has that players complain about, can be dodge, there is no hard CC available for rogues and
    if you had a shred of PvP skills you would understand how their mechanics work and would be able to win vs a rogue.
    Rogues have a daze? how about you just wait for him to start his 3 second animation and just walk on out?
    Rogues have a daily that does insane damage? oh wait this one has an even higher jump that has a 5 second animation, lets just slowly crawl out of this one.
    Rogues have a blink? yeah cool story CW have 3
    Point is: Rogues are not as OP as you think they are, but you are not reading anyway since the next post after this is going to be another QQ post anyway. And at the end of the day thanks to whiners like you the balance we currently have will be broken, and rogues will be nerfed into complete and utter uselessness.

5. Rogues can do everything? Let's be honest here how many rogues do you actually see doing dungeons? I don't have "facts" and actual data like some of you claim, and let me be the first to say that this is just an opinion and my own experience, but I barely see any rogues running around in town. When doing a skirmish or Dungeon I am usually the only rogue and I see more CW/GWF joining queues and running in town than any other class. Maybe it's the server I am in, who knows.
    Rogues are good at PvP? nope not true, not all rogues are good at PvP. Skilled rogues are good at PvP, the same as any other Skilled person is good at PvP with their own class. I've seen a lot of good Control Wizards and Guardian fighters out there, some even crit more than rogues.
    Now as far as CC goes, we have 1 or 2 dazes and if you took the time to read this thread (30 pages I know) but if you actually read the posts you would see that I had previously explained on how the CC works on rogues in comparison to other classes. And just to sum up, their CC is just as good as a Devoted Clerics CC. Control Wizards win hands down at CC.

Now this is probably my last post on this thread, because I've had enough of this, trying to explain stuff to people who are so ignorant they forget to just enjoy the game they are playing. All they do is whine, complain and QQ all day long and provide not even a single shred of proof to their claims. Our society has gone to ****, where people P2W and cry until they get what they want. I've seen this sort of QQ happen many times over, and it's ruined every single game I can imagine. The whiners get what they want and completely break the game balance that was there to begin with, all because they where to lazy to figure out the mechanics of the game or try to put themselves in the shoes of others. This game will probably follow the same path to it's death, this is being published by perfect world after all, and we all know that they like the $$$.

inb4 I get banned for calling out perfect world's greed.... (It's just a joke)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    second option: get a brain and come for check your stupid comment.

Your comment, yet again defeats it's own purpose. You ask me to go find a brain, which is what most illiterate people would say
    when they are referring to someones intelligence.

Now I do not want to insult anyone here who does not speak English due to it not being their primary language.
    But if you are to insult someone in their language, at least do it right.
    Claiming that someone has no brain (over and over btw) is just counter productive, it just states that you yourself
    have no idea what you are typing. This is the typical troll who just types random bullS on this thread.
    Honestly, just stop trying, I never insulted you I was only trying to explain and share my opinions.
    No need to call people names or insult them for no reason, this just proves you have no arguments and lost the debate.

And btw it would at least be more insulting if you actually knew what dafuq you are saying, more often than not it's as if
    you don't understand what you are typing.

For instance, do you even read what you type? Does it really sound like you made a solid insult? or even a solid sentence?
    For the love of everything that is holy, I hope that English is not your primary language. OR
    I really hope that you are some 7 year old kid who got permission to use his parents PC.
    These would probably be the only 2 things that I can let slide.

And again, don't get me wrong I'm not saying my English is perfect and I really dislike flaming anyone since I
    really don't see the point in doing so.

But this saraibaxeada guy really needs to chill and take his meds. And maybe go back to school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • izariel44izariel44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made another post like this and got a good response from the community. I decided to sit back for a bit, relax, and do some more research and experience it for myself. This is what I found.

Rogues are still far too OP for pvp at the moment.

NOTE: This is still technically a BETA, and is EXACTLY the time to discuss class balance. That is a primary reason for a beta in the first place. Stop saying its not legitimate to call for balance in a BETA, because it is.

Observation 1: To all the people who say that pvp is not 1v1, you are full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. With only 5 players a team and 3 nodes, I end up fighting 1v1 ALL THE TIME. You know pugs, half of they wont cap the pillars, the other half run around mid waiting to die. If you want to win you have to take pillars on your own a lot. Which I do. I have 1v1 ALL THE TIME in this situation. 1v1 against a rogue I am bait to be killed and hung out to dry.

Observation 2: Rogue movement is far too strong. Their blink move can go over any distance, and boundary to get to you. I have had rogues blink behind me while standing on a pillar 30 feet above them shooting down. Their stealth lets them avoid any incoming damage or CC while they close the distance to you, their roll gets them out of cc. It is impossible to kite a rogue unless you are a full CC wizard, in which case you wont have the damage to actually kill it. Rogue movement is far too good.

Observation 3: Rogue damage is too high. I dont know why but it seems rogue daze is even faster now, and it can be used right out of stealth. With the camera angle as it is, you are lucky to see a rogue before it hits you. The attack takes about 1 second before you are stunned and locked. Slow is applied every time thus making it impossible to run away. While dazed rogue takes down your health by 3/4 then finishes you off 1 second later.

Stop making excuses. I have played all the classes now and on every one see that the rogue is FAR better. I have played a rogue now too and see just how much easier it is in all respects than other classes. I steamroll over everything often 1 shotting things.

If you want rogues to be top dps (which most do) then nerf their control/utility and survivability. If you want rogues to be control, then nerf their damage. They should not have it all, which right now they do. In spades.
This discussion has been closed.