test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WTH Does This Mean?

shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Gawd how I hate vague error messages. Trying to open a nightmare box and get this ... "Couldn't use the key ... please check your inventory and try again." Check it for what? Space? Dupe items? Which I don't know how I'd know there was a dupe since I don't know whats in the box.

ARGH!

Okay that's my fit for the day, but seriously if someone knows what this error means I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks.
shautrusig.jpg
Post edited by shaudra on

Comments

• colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need an Enchanted Key. You either buy them with Zen or off the AH.
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    colhatick wrote: »
    You need an Enchanted Key. You either buy them with Zen or off the AH.

:) I appreciate the attempt to help. But I know how to get the key. Getting the key isn't the problem.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • seniorpowerseniorpower Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same issue with two of my crafting Mercenaries. They're there in my bag. I can see them in crafting menu. I can move them around. I can mail them. However, when I do try to craft with these two mercs or try to AH them. I get that message "Couldn't use the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... please check your inventory and try again."

I submitted bug report and gm ticket. So now it's time to wait 1 month for it to be fixed xD
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same issue with two of my crafting Mercenaries. They're there in my bag. I can see them in crafting menu. I can move them around. I can mail them. However, when I do try to craft with these two mercs or try to AH them. I get that message "Couldn't use the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... please check your inventory and try again."

I submitted bug report and gm ticket. So now it's time to wait 1 month for it to be fixed xD

Great! Now here's the real problem. Everytime it gives me one of the messages it goes ahead and spends the Zen on the key. Now I get the original message plus a 'not enough Zen' message; which means it's wasted my Zen.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There may be a problem with some of the accounting systems, I submitted a ticket about having AD removed from my account then getting the message I couldn't buy the item I just paid for......will see what happens
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • nitrusoxideusnitrusoxideus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also if you want to rush a task in a certain profession, it sometimes say rush for 0 AD but charges you some unknown amount.
    edited May 2013
    Okay, decided to do some troubleshooting. Logged my char off and back on, now the box opened just fine and Zen is there. Bad bug!
    shautrusig.jpg
  • dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shaudra, "log off and log on" is a solution I've had with using the gateway and the game at the same time. I'd say, there is some miscommunication and handshaking that isn't being cleaned up between the systems. Glad to hear it fixed your problem, and I'm glad you followed up so people know your simple option to try!
  • rsheartsrshearts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten that same error when doing the 'purchase key and open' option. But after I hit Ok on the message I see the key drop into my inventory. I just 'Open' it again and it works.

Probably a bit of a lag issue and it tries to open the box before the key is actually registered as having been purchased. Not sure what would happen if my inventory was full and it couldn't drop the key into my bag.