test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open world PVP shard/server? PLEASE?

morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says, can we please get an open world PVP shard/server? No arena or structured PVP, maybe include an actual arena that can be viewed but not interfered with. Town guards agro on folks who start combat inside towns. KOS (kill on sight) flags for killing folks to many levels below you with regard to NPC interaction.....the whole kit-n-kaboodle. No class balancing act beyond what is done on the PVE servers. No special rules or skillsets, unless you make skills start doing one thing for PVE and another for PVP. If you go that route just implement the PVP version of the skillset server wide 24/7. Just a thought with regard to longevity of gameplay.
If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
Post edited by morvek01 on

Comments

• deathtrap82deathtrap82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I seriously doubt that will happen. There wouldn't be nearly enough interest in such a server to justify creating something like that.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How many Cryptic games have anything even remotely close to open world PVP? They have a long track record demonstrating pretty clearly that PVP is not something they are all that interested in or good at doing well.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    As the title says, can we please get an open world PVP shard/server? No arena or structured PVP, maybe include an actual arena that can be viewed but not interfered with. Town guards agro on folks who start combat inside towns. KOS (kill on sight) flags for killing folks to many levels below you with regard to NPC interaction.....the whole kit-n-kaboodle. No class balancing act beyond what is done on the PVE servers. No special rules or skillsets, unless you make skills start doing one thing for PVE and another for PVP. If you go that route just implement the PVP version of the skillset server wide 24/7. Just a thought with regard to longevity of gameplay.

This is just not that kind of game. Open world PvP is just not going to happen in Neverwinter.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If they were planning on that kind of server, we wouldn't just be finding out about it now.

Considering the number of F2P games out there, I'm perfectly fine with playing one game for PvE and another for PvP.

I've pretty much been doing ME3, LoL and CO up til now as the extent of my online gaming. They all scratch different itches.

If the Neverwinter PvP community actually somehow manages to be active, then we might see a PvP ruleset server sometime down the road.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    I'd love to see this happen but I highly doubt it. I don't think there's a single Cryptic game out right now with more than 1 server (that isn't a test server).
  • wunderwaffleswunderwaffles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They were saying something about an endgame zone mixed with pvp and pve, no?
  • yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They were saying something about an endgame zone mixed with pvp and pve, no?

That will be awesome, or some guild battles
  • llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys, his request is a thinly veiled request for a rogue-only server. Ignore it.
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd really rather not. Can you imagine how easily a CW would kill people by just stunlocking them while they have 4+ mobs on them?
  • zomgggggggggggggzomggggggggggggg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MDyYeIKTww

Gives some info on end game and said that they are going to have a zone mixed with pvp and pve
  • sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    i whould like to have open world PVP.There is too many players that take PVP is best part of online gaming but i doubt this will happed here.I hope at least that they will add some sort of battlerground that is like on WOW,zoned place where lots of people come to PVP
  • tehforumstehforums Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game needs an Open PvP server as do all mmos. It's 2013 everyone.
  • tehforumstehforums Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played this game love it and would buy the founders pack for sure. If there was a pvp server, every mmo in this generation needs a pvp server. I am quiting the game but will keep tabs about a pvp server opening up. Hopefully one opens up before they stop selling founder packs.
  • mickst3rmickst3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be good if there is a PvP server or end game PvP & PvE maps of some kind.
    This game will get boring really fast if there is no PvP contents in it at all.
  • primejiveprimejive Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there really any open world in this game? The whole thing seems heavily instanced to me so far.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to keep telling myself that there will be players who haven't been exposed to any of Cryptic's games. Cryptic bases their games on a one sever to rule them all mentality. There will be no separate PvP servers. Once the population levels out you will see the three current shards merge into one. Now, as was said, there may be PvP zones ala STO with planet areas dedicated to PvP.

Oh, before you think, "Well I'll just wait for Elder Scrolls Online." Think again, because Zenimax is going the one server route as well.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • atseearratseearr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do like Cryptic's single-server approach. But at the same time, I also miss the days of open world PvP.
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UO showed what happens with open world PvP.

For me, anyone asking for 'open world PvP' is really asking for open world PK. If that's your thing, I'd suggest going elsewhere.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    For me, anyone asking for 'open world PvP' is really asking for open world PK.

Obviously.
  • seanhazz1seanhazz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    UO showed what happens with open world PvP.

For me, anyone asking for 'open world PvP' is really asking for open world PK. If that's your thing, I'd suggest going elsewhere.

I think something along the lines of how UO did factions, or Clan/Guild challenges would work for 'open world PvP', or being able to toggle a visible PVP-flag (with a timer to help avoid harassing) to avoid "Ganking" when doing other things.