test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF in PvP

redburstredburst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm just level 29 right now, does it get any better?
Cause so far I get killed faster than I can look, and do such poor damage that I feel like I'm hitting with my bare fists.
Not to mention most of the time I can't move or do anything anyways because I'm getting strangled in the air or tossed around like a basketball. I guess those are the control wizards, ****ing annoying.
Post edited by redburst on

Comments

• quo2rquo2r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can tell you from getting one-two shot by a lone GWF, it does get better.

But at the same rate, everything else is getting better? Or is just they have gear.
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It gets a lot better at 60. I don't play a GWF but I play with them. And they are noticable stronger at 60. Especially in PVP, I used to just be able to kite them around while I focused on an actual target. (I play a CW)

But at 60 if one gets on me its harder to deal with than a TR.

Same with GF, a well played GF at 60 can be unbeatable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • caiotamiettecaiotamiette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GREAT WARRIOR FIGHTER IS THE WORST OF ALL, CAN NOT WIN FOR NOBODY X1, UNICA is ****ing CLASS GAME,
    HE IS NOT NOTHING
    DEFENSE HAS NOT AS TANKER
    DOES NOT HAVE DAMAGE AS rougue
    HAS THE SAME LIFE OF A rougue .........
    The CHAR IS A WASTE
    deregulated
    ( I'M LVL 59)
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure why all caps but umm ok

Don't listen to caiotamiette, GWF at higher levels are very good in PvP. I really wish people would start posting more level 60 pvp videos so the player base can actually see what's what.

on that note, anyone know a good free to use screen capture software? Bandicam, Fraps, and Movavi all have super short recording times in their trial versions. And I really want to record some PvP to show some different things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At lvl 60, a good GWF is absolutely deadly. I pvp a lot, 3-4 hrs a day just doing pvp matches, and I've only ever saw 3 good GWFs. Every single GWF other than those 3 I can easily kill, but those 3 put everyone else that plays a GWF to shame in pvp.

It's a class that really shows who knows how to play and been playing MMOs for a while, or who's new to MMOs and wants to be spoon-fed.
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    CWs lack DPS in regards to their squishiness. Take Rogues, they can kill you in seconds and are freaking hard to kill too. Its complete BS and WoW all over again.
  • caiotamiettecaiotamiette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    Not sure why all caps but umm ok

Don't listen to caiotamiette, GWF at higher levels are very good in PvP. I really wish people would start posting more level 60 pvp videos so the player base can actually see what's what.

on that note, anyone know a good free to use screen capture software? Bandicam, Fraps, and Movavi all have super short recording times in their trial versions. And I really want to record some PvP to show some different things.

IF U DONT HAVE GWF, DONT SAY nothing, just u are nub
  • projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see some 60 GWF vids. I have a 60 CW that I think is pretty **** good in PVP. They are squishy so if you don't get the drop kite / move till you do. I get 15% less mitigation by dropping conduit of ice on a target. Force choke them. Ray of Enfeeble. Then drop a feat spec'd tab target slotted Icy rays on them that can crit for 10-15k.

I'm currently leveling a GF for my second 60.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It sounds like an issue of scale WHICH NEEDS TO BE FIXED. Being horrible at PvP until max level isnt balance, its scaring people away from the class, i havnt even seen a GWF in the last 2 matches, half of each game is rogues. Whoever decided that rogues in mmo's always gotta dominate in pvp needs mugged.
  • edannan80edannan80 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, as someone leveling up a GWF, I'm noticing that as I gain in level and get access to more of my CC abilities, I'm not sucking AS BADLY in PVP, so I can see how at 60 it gets much better.

Remember that GWF at low levels is designed around being able to hit multiple people at once. PVP is very much a 1-on-1 experience. It's not surprising that they don't do all that well.

Don't get me wrong, it's terrible design, but it's understandable.
  • realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    It's mostly bad for GWF at low levels because their 1 sec stun is a joke compared to other classes choke and disable abilities.

Also defense scales really bad.

Other thing i noticed is other classes ranged standard attacks doing similiar to 2handed melee atk. Really odd. Kinda makes a 2hander look like a wet noodle.
  • bennett1stbennett1st Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Thank god I don't PvP...hopefully people won't ruin classes due to their QQ from PvP.
  • dannyw22dannyw22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    redburst wrote: »
    I'm just level 29 right now, does it get any better?
    Cause so far I get killed faster than I can look, and do such poor damage that I feel like I'm hitting with my bare fists.
    Not to mention most of the time I can't move or do anything anyways because I'm getting strangled in the air or tossed around like a basketball. I guess those are the control wizards, ****ing annoying.

I can safely tell u for a fact GWF do get better but so does every other class... let me explain why I say this

CW gets this ice shard that slams u prone and takes atleast 50-75% of ur health instantly by the time u get up ur dead

rogues get this daily which btw their daily seems to come on a 10 sec cd cause they get it so fast that it does around 30k dmg and if u don't know that's 1 shottin anyone apart from a GF

GF will out live u completely and will block everythin u do but ur dmg is reflected back to u so ull kill urself on them

clerics all they do is put this blue defense buff on the ground that makes them take no dmg at all and they will kill u with it and its cd is lower than its life cd ...

so yes GWF do get better but other classes will always out do u
  • xarkocznwnxarkocznwn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dunno , I think I do pretty good in pvp. Got more problems in PvE
  • suprabondaddictsuprabondaddict Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i try my best to stay at 1/4 of the damage of a thief, and 1/2 of a CW on dungeons..
    i run around stuning people in PVP but thats about it. we cant kill anyone 1v1.. thats a fact
  • venomdemmevenomdemme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Yeah in close beta the devs decided to balance out the game based off the pvp QQ about great weapon fighter dps/tanking ability. So they over nerfed the class. GWF need a massive buff. The Devs need to also ignore the word nerf. As it a bad bad thing for a game that is 99% pve.

Frankly any time I think of a PVPer QQing about a class. I want to tell them to go back to wow. The pvp in this game is a sad tacked on thing. It even breaks the idea of D&D because I think this is the first D&D game that has ever had any type of pvp. Wish they would have stuck to the board game and made it pure pve. Not waste time trying to please the 1% pvp players. Look at what happiened with LotoRO when they listened to the pvper.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i try my best to stay at 1/4 of the damage of a thief, and 1/2 of a CW on dungeons..
    i run around stuning people in PVP but thats about it. we cant kill anyone 1v1.. thats a fact

If you think that's bad I have managed to outDPS every GWF I have partied with on my DEVOTED CLERIC who is currently level 30 (Admittedly in the last case it was very, very close so maybe their relative DPS is finally starting to improve, but he still got beaten.). When you have a so-called DPS class that gets beaten by even the healer for at least half the levels, something is badly broken.
  • dentzaudentzau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm level 37, I've been topping PvP charts since 28 and I've been high on dungeon charts since 35, sometimes topping them.
    edited May 2013
    dentzau wrote: »
    I'm level 37, I've been topping PvP charts since 28 and I've been high on dungeon charts since 35, sometimes topping them.

That sounds impressive - could you list your build and some screenshots, please?
  • xenomega01xenomega01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    That sounds impressive - could you list your build and some screenshots, please?

He is a TR. Fooled you huh.
    edited May 2013
    xenomega01 wrote: »
    He is a TR. Fooled you huh.

No, not really. Hence why I asked him to back up his claims........
  • bdobanbdoban Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to the crazy foundry exp I've bumped my alt up to 60 yesterday and I still haven't seen this great GWF transformation that everyone is clamoring about after doing almost nothing but pvping since then. Every single GWF I see ends up at the bottom of the charts and contributes practically nothing to their team.

I'd honestly like to see some vids of these amazing GWFs. Because unlike your typical MMO warrior archetype, GWFs don't seem to scale with gear any better than the other classes.
  • blackhalo321blackhalo321 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At lvl 60, a good GWF is absolutely deadly. I pvp a lot, 3-4 hrs a day just doing pvp matches, and I've only ever saw 3 good GWFs. Every single GWF other than those 3 I can easily kill, but those 3 put everyone else that plays a GWF to shame in pvp.

It's a class that really shows who knows how to play and been playing MMOs for a while, or who's new to MMOs and wants to be spoon-fed.

Could that just be gear?
    (A serious question)
    People who threw real life money out to get the best of the best so are actually competitive among everyone else because of it??
  • tormentcaketormentcake Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue, however, I'm only level 21.

I generally don't contribute much, but I actually do alright, because I try to win and fight on points, using tactics from WoW, etc.

The GWFs single target damage before determination is bad.. with determination, it's still negligible; the only threat I pose is when somebody is remiss enough to let me get close and prone them.

The aforementioned prone attack has such a short range that it's hard to connect, especially if you suffer from server lag.

Avalanche has interesting implications, but good players will move out of its way. Slam seems to get the job done, but then again.. you rarely have any attacks you can connect with easily.

I think to make this class stronger in PvP they should go the tested and tried WoW route of giving it a dedicated slow, or something to make it a threat. You can't build a class around sustained damage when your target is constantly moving and you are stationary for attacking.

If this changes at higher levels, then please say how and what skills you use, build etc., because nothing indicates that this class will ever approach the rogues level in terms of melee efficacy: the damage disparity is just too great, at least at lower levels, not to mention the burst potential that is never realized, since single attacks don't even come close to the rogues.
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I rarely score worse than top three with my GWF, at level 32 now. Have loads of blue and green items at AH as I have leveled from 10 to 31 with only PvP.

My build is maxed speed + dps, no survivability. More often than not I do not die even once in the round.

Powers I've used so far are sure strike, mighty leap, takedown, restoring strike and slam.

Combination of sprint, unstoppable and mighty leap make you able to escape almost any situation, and you're faster than anyone else in game, so it is easy to capture and mess up with opponents. While it is rare that you can kill something 1vs1, nothing can kill you in same situation either. So learn to pick your battles and fight only when it matters. I save slam for situations where I actively try to kill something, leap is good for getting in and getting out. Takedown helps dealing more damage than your enemy, but it is hard to land on good player.

Forget trying to get kills, try to win the game, and you'll find GWF an exellent choice.
  • volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF in late pvp (9200 gear score) is just ok.
    He have no burst dps, no nuke skill.
    You CAN hovewer kill guys in green items (7000k gear score) without problems, lol. Every other opponent with equal gear simply will destroy GWF, and "skill" doesnt matter.

Just level up to 60, play some arenas and reroll or start with rogue or wizard if you want to make difference on battlefield.

my 3 cents
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc