test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lets play......steal from the other MMO

vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It is well known that MMOs borrow from each other.....these are a few of the things I would like to see Neverwinter borrow from other MMOs

1) Group looting. Every time I kill a bunch of mobs I have to run around collect all the loot. Just let me run over one of loot icons and collect all the loot in the area.

2) Multiple companions that can be used at the same time.

3) Design how my armor and weapons look. It is pretty sad all the classes look the same.
Post edited by vatasha on

Comments

• Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    1. Be happy gold is auto pick up and not WoW-esque click to auto loot everything.

2. Overpowered, and you should try grouping.

3. WoW didn't even have aesthetics done, T1 and T2 geared players were walking around in what appeared to be rags for 4-6 months before the updates were made to model textures. Considering this is open beta, I'm sure it will change.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks fun so in no particular order

1)Player/guild housing. Just let us have more than 5 people in a map, and let us password protect it.

2) Dyes unlock and are reusable + more colors

3) Bring back weapon dyeing. I could do this in beta

4)Minigames (I got nostalgic for Swtor's starship rails today, it was random, like wanting that flavor of ice cream you haven't had in years)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An open class system closer to 3.5 (hey I can dream) Perhaps like a free form system.

A wide open character customization system with more options then you can wrap your head around. Options that go beyond random gear strapped to you. Truly unique and character defining customization.

Now if only Cryptic knew of a game that could do that, to borrow from.
  • Options
    jaz182jaz182 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait what, you can have multiple companions our at once? - sif need friends : /
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What would I like Cryptic to 'borrow' from others?

How about the balls to call this what it is, a release, instead of hiding behind the "open beta" label.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    burchnallburchnall Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vatasha wrote: »
    It is well known that MMOs borrow from each other.....these are a few of the things I would like to see Neverwinter borrow from other MMOs

1) Group looting. Every time I kill a bunch of mobs I have to run around collect all the loot. Just let me run over one of loot icons and collect all the loot in the area.

2) Multiple companions that can be used at the same time.

3) Design how my armor and weapons look. It is pretty sad all the classes look the same.

1) I agree fully with your suggestion. Group looting exists in other free to play mmorpgs like SWTOR, wow, etc. Even if you just made it simply that if you run over an item (like a gold pile) it auto loots the nearby gold piles within ..."10m" or "5m" would be a great quality of life improvement. Especially since I've been unable to run over some gold piles due to the gold piles flying out of enemies chest onto unreachable walls...

2) This would be hard to implement as the game would be very difficult to balance.

3) More armor variation would be nice.

I personally would love to add the option for MOVEMENT WHILE CASTING. A lot of mmorpgs have the option to continue to move while instant-casting spells. The fact that when im left clicking or right clicking to throw a javalin, my characters legs become completely locked and my character is immobile on my Cleric seems kind of silly. "I'm throwing a spear or casting a small aoe heal spell. Im just going to stand here in this red circle. lalalala. Can't make me move...im doing a casting animation". At times, by the time the animation finishes, even if you quick tap aa, ss, dd or ww, your getting hit by dmg thats avoidable. Maybe if there was an option to stop-casting on movement like other games have...that would be nice too.... So if I am csating a spell and assoon as it starts, theres a red circle, I c an just tap ww and re-try casting. As opposed to being forced to take dmg.
  • Options
    ringomandingooringomandingoo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -be able to attack and move at the same time
    pls
  • Options
    jackknyfejackknyfe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    An open class system closer to 3.5 (hey I can dream) Perhaps like a free form system.

A wide open character customization system with more options then you can wrap your head around. Options that go beyond random gear strapped to you. Truly unique and character defining customization.

Now if only Cryptic knew of a game that could do that, to borrow from.

A game like that would have amazing potential, but it would probably have it's own issues. 7 year old ladder bugs or the only thing you can count on working correctly is the store, for instance. :)
  • Options
    broddrbroddr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    burchnall wrote: »
    1) I agree fully with your suggestion. Group looting exists in other free to play mmorpgs like SWTOR, wow, etc..

WoW was a free mmorpg? I guess I missed that one by a mile...
  • Options
    kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pls

Yes, please. I could ALMOST see being forced to stand still for spell casters ('I need to concentrate!'), but melee characters should be able to run around, flailing.
    broddr wrote: »
    WoW was a free mmorpg? I guess I missed that one by a mile...
    Not sure what that has to do with anything... Are you suggesting they put group looting in a lockbox?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh sure, ruin my delusions why dont'cha. :D
  • Options
    exshinexshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pls
    No. The imbalance that would create is huge. People who play melee characters would never be able to catch a ranged character if they could move and cast indefinitely. I can agree to an ability that allows them to do so for a specified amount of time though.