test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lockboxes will eat your inventory

touzsantouzsan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Currently Lockboxes can't be discarded, sold or destroyed does anyone see a problem with this?? eventually I will have no space in my inventory because its full of lockboxes. am i wrong??
Post edited by touzsan on

Comments

• Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    shut up and sell them for AD -_-
  • Options
    mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    touzsan wrote: »
    Currently Lockboxes can't be discarded, sold or destroyed does anyone see a problem with this?? eventually I will have no space in my inventory because its full of lockboxes. am i wrong??

sell them on the exchange, give them to a friend, etc...
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deurkier1 wrote: »

Shut up and realize that this is a fundamental flaw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013

You can't auction off lockboxes, oh kind imparter of wise information.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless you're finding way more lockboxes than I am, you're wrong.

I'll take them off your hands, really.

You can't? I should probably stop selling them on the auction house then.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I do wish that the inventory for lock-boxes was separate. Maybe just one box with a counter number under it. If the game is anything like STO these boxes will increase in value over time.
  • Options
    touzsantouzsan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    It seems to me that the ah is going to just get full of a crazy amount of lockboxes, there will be such a huge amount of them on the ah they will sell for pennies, no one will buy them and the ah will get bogged down with worthless krap. Guess what My friends don't want them cause they are not hard to get and they are already upset about the inventory spot loss. It seems to me like they are trying to force people to buy the keys
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you can. I have already auctioned off 4 of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mystmysteriummystmysterium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At a buck and and a quarter avg per key, it does seem to be a bit stiff. FOr the reward, I am not sure that is worth it.

Peace, Myst.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I do wish that the inventory for lock-boxes was separate. Maybe just one box with a counter number under it. If the game is anything like STO these boxes will increase in value over time.
    I know that the Nightmare Lockboxes stack, I currently have 12 of them in one slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the lockboxes work anything like they did in other Cryptic Games, they should be able to stack up to 999 times. At worst, they'll only take up a single slot. Granted, the single slot is rather valuable when you're tight on inventory space, but hey, endless auctioning currency gathering if you use it effectively.
    In the meantime, THOMAS WAS EVERYWHERE.

CoGQIYG.png
    Those bios are outdated. Have some steam guides:
    *CYBERMIND!*
    *FIRE AND NOT FIRE*
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you can. I have already auctioned off 4 of them.
    Hm. my mistake. Apologies.

I'll need to look into why I kept getting errors when I tried selling them. >.>
  • Options
    krozamkrozam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who in their right mind buys them? I'm lvl 26 and I already have... IIRC, 11 of them. Well, at least so far they've only taken one spot from my inventary, no big deal, unless their stack limit is small.

BTW, is there any way to get keys apart from buying with Zen? Out of curiosity, I'd like to open one... but there's no way I'm putting real money into this while it's still in beta.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They only stack in piles of 20 in STO, but what i was trying to suggest is that it would be nice to have an entire new tab solely for lockboxes to solve the inventory problem. Personally i would rather have just an unlimited counter number under 1 box but if it is easier for them to solve the issue another way - they are the experts. Does the mail box trick work in this game with lockboxes ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krozam wrote: »
    Who in their right mind buys them? I'm lvl 26 and I already have... IIRC, 11 of them. Well, at least so far they've only taken one spot from my inventary, no big deal, unless their stack limit is small.

BTW, is there any way to get keys apart from buying with Zen? Out of curiosity, I'd like to open one... but there's no way I'm putting real money into this while it's still in beta.

you will likely be able to get them in auction.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krozam wrote: »

Buy Zen with AD...
  • Options
    trakeltrakel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a BANK~!

Lee
  • Options
    dragonslayer3301dragonslayer3301 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Store them on your warehouse?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    touzsan wrote: »
    It seems to me that the ah is going to just get full of a crazy amount of lockboxes, there will be such a huge amount of them on the ah they will sell for pennies, no one will buy them and the ah will get bogged down with worthless krap. Guess what My friends don't want them cause they are not hard to get and they are already upset about the inventory spot loss. It seems to me like they are trying to force people to buy the keys

Not true actually. The way Cryptic does boxes is to rotate them out from time to time. So there will come a time when Nightmare boxes will no longer be available. And some new lock box with some new shiney will come and replace it.

Well, supply and demand. Imagine 6 months from now if you want a spiffy new Nightmare mount. Those silly worthless lockboxes that sold for pennies will suddenly become rare and hard to find. And rare and hard to find always becomes valuable.
  • Options
    archimedicarchimedic Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah yeah lockboxes and keys really suck , and i agree, they should be destroyable, or have an endless stack
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Slightly of topic but is the nightmare mount functionally better in anyway or just eye candy? Some of the ships that pop out of the boxes in STO can change your play style as well as having a visually very different ship. Anyone able to answer this with experience using the top prize in the box from both games???
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are destroyable and you can always get more. Right now the AH is a good source to sell them, but it give a couple of weeks, they will not be worth the effort. A good thing about the lockboxes, at least in STO, you can still use them even there have been three or four different ones that have been released.

In STO, I keep about twenty of them, and destroy the rest.

I have gotten the STO ones, and mostly its just a new shiny to show off.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except you cant destroy them here.
  • Options
    deedasmi2deedasmi2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much are they going for in the AH? Can't you buy them in one of the shops for 200 AD?
  • Options
    ezbeeezbee Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    i havent tried this, but i read you can mail them to yourself and then delete the mail.

edit:
    deedasmi2 wrote: »
    How much are they going for in the AH? Can't you buy them in one of the shops for 200 AD?

I sold 8 for 85 ad each
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't tried but if it is true they aren't destroyable they should be for those that don't care to deal with them.

Personally, I've made a couple thousand AD selling these on the AH so not sure what the problem is outside of that.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think of lockboxes has another form of cash you need to exchange at the AH for AD. Hopefully they will have a way to get them out of your inventory or sell them to vendors once the lockbox fad is over
  • Options
    flamekegflamekeg Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoLboxes, well they are way too common at lvl 15 you might have tens of them and don't try to tell us "sell them in AH"!

If I have too many LoLboxes so does every other player also, try this on chat "giving 100 LoLboxes for one key plix plix",
    you see the problem, no one want's your 100 LoLboxes ;)

Mail them to you and just delete the mails to get rid of LoLboxes (not tested but try it).
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    flamekeg wrote: »
    LoLboxes, well they are way too common at lvl 15 you might have tens of them and don't try to tell us "sell them in AH"!

If I have too many LoLboxes so does every other player also, try this on chat "giving 100 LoLboxes for one key plix plix",
    you see the problem, no one want's your 100 LoLboxes ;)

Mail them to you and just delete the mails to get rid of LoLboxes (not tested but try it).

Your loss. They do sell on the AH long as you don't try selling them for ridiculous prices. Someone wants them because they always buy mine off there.
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The "shut up" is a bit uncalled for. He does make a point. You should be able to discard these. I'm sure its not working as intended. A fix will come soon. But, you are right about selling them for AD. I have yet to have trouble moving these boxes. I usually sell 2 or 3 at a time and get 400-600 AD depending on what they are selling for at that moment.