test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Player housing? RP shard?

kazthalkazthal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Will it be in the game eventually? All the tools to Roleplay are in the game already seemingly, just would need to be a RP shard at release and hopefully they will eventually add housing.
Post edited by kazthal on

Comments

• Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Glannigan, Son of Flannigan, Son of Annigan, Son of Mar would like to know what MMO has housing?
  • Options
    kaledarkshinekaledarkshine Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Glannigan, Son of Flannigan, Son of Annigan, Son of Mar would like to know what MMO has housing?

Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn have player housing.
  • Options
    renisathrenisath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there's a lot of MMOs that have housing.
    2 examples being Everquest 2 and LOTRO
  • Options
    shildiana318shildiana318 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wildstar will have player housing.
  • Options
    championchains03championchains03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most mmos have player housing now.

They should make player housing and guild halls something crafted in the Foundry.
  • Options
    renisathrenisath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think player housing will be implemented.

It's a possibility but I don't know, I think I may have heard about it from a developer at one point though, but i'm probably just imagining things.

As for and RP Shard.
    That is definitely going to happen.

I'm not sure if they're even going to classify shards specifically as rp/pvp/pve/rppvp, but even if they don't one of the shards will definitely become the "unofficial" RP Shard.
  • Options
    jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ultima Online has housing!
  • Options
    drakkanithdrakkanith Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Considering some of the very first MMO's (and muds) had player housing, the answer would be: Most that came out before you were born.
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    renisath wrote: »
    I don't think player housing will be implemented.

It's a possibility but I don't know, I think I may have heard about it from a developer at one point though, but i'm probably just imagining things.

As for and RP Shard.
    That is definitely going to happen.

I'm not sure if they're even going to classify shards specifically as rp/pvp/pve/rppvp, but even if they don't one of the shards will definitely become the "unofficial" RP Shard.

You're just imagining it, it wasn't said that there won't be player housing, it was suggested that people be allowed to craft player housing and guild halls using the foundry in beta, just allow us to have more than 5 people in a zone, and a dev/community mod said they would pass it along and think about it. I think that's all that was said.

There is a unofficial rp shard until all the shards are merged. That's Mindflayer, at least as decided by the rp community here:http://www.neverwinter-rp.com/
  • Options
    ezbeeezbee Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    ultima online had the best player housing ive seen, the only problem with it was the amount and where they could be placed. fields of houses was annoying.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    drakkanith wrote: »
    Considering some of the very first MMO's (and muds) had player housing, the answer would be: Most that came out before you were born.

The Son of Flannigan is insulted by this! I was rolling D20's in the early 80's!!!
This discussion has been closed.