test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Search is TOTALLY broken! Please fix!

wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I published a quest, and I can't find it by searching it's name. This is pretty discouraging to us UGC publishers. The "short code" is just atrocious, it's not short, impossible to remember, and you can't paste into the search box in game. I suggest you just get rid of the short codes entirely, and fix the search option to where it's actually usable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by wuhsin on

Comments

• hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Search by your @name instead, makes it a lot easier. And you can paste your short code in if you find a way to copy it first. Type it out somewhere on your computer in a notepad or something.

Also, once you find your quest, you can subscribe to yourself, so you can find your content easier by clicking the subscribed tab.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Search by your @name instead, makes it a lot easier. And you can paste your short code in if you find a way to copy it first. Type it out somewhere on your computer in a notepad or something.

Also, once you find your quest, you can subscribe to yourself, so you can find your content easier by clicking the subscribed tab.

I've tried that several times, and I tried it again just now after you suggested it, to no avail. No results. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keneringkenering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try to use shortcode instead, it's the only way for my foundry to be found after last crash, for example, I think it will help you too.
  • zalintozalinto Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant find mine either xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    kenering wrote: »
    Try to use shortcode instead, it's the only way for my foundry to be found after last crash, for example, I think it will help you too.

I've not tried this yet, but regardless of whether it would work or not, I think it's BS they would expect us to ask people to search such a tedious sequence of numbers to play our quests. I want my friends to be able to just type in the name of my quest and play it, ya know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they were having some issues with the Foundry search today and yesterday anyways. People were complaining that they only showed a couple quests total, and the Foundry did crash early this morning.

Also, when you publish your quest, make sure the Publish COMPLETED. It can take several minutes. The only indication you get that it is still publishing or it is completed is on the Quest tab of the editor, the picture will saying 'Published" when it is done, or it will say "publishing to cryptic" or something when it is in progress.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know I wonder if this is just effecting those of us that have published because my search is fubar and not one of my friends are having issues...none of them have published quests.
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem also is they added in a new way for Foundry quests and campaigns to be added. Now when you Publish a quest it goes into the For Review section, until like 5 or 6 (I forget how many) people review it and give feedback it will stay in that Ginormous list (which has no search feature Dev's you need to add one) until it had. It won't show up in New until it has gained enough plays and feedback to move out of this Listing.

You have to click the For review tab and click accept to gain access to it. It was the only way I could find my Foundry Quest after it had Disappeared on me. Just thought you guys should know.
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
    edited May 2013
    myrkolith wrote: »
    The problem also is they added in a new way for Foundry quests and campaigns to be added. Now when you Publish a quest it goes into the For Review section, until like 5 or 6 (I forget how many) people review it and give feedback it will stay in that Ginormous list (which has no search feature Dev's you need to add one) until it had. It won't show up in New until it has gained enough plays and feedback to move out of this Listing.

You have to click the For review tab and click accept to gain access to it. It was the only way I could find my Foundry Quest after it had Disappeared on me. Just thought you guys should know.

This is a huge problem for most of us, because only about 1% of people publishing maps will be lucky enough to have their map visible in the "For Review" section at all. I hope they add a search option to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azagthothazagthoth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    This is a huge problem for most of us, because only about 1% of people publishing maps will be lucky enough to have their map visible in the "For Review" section at all. I hope they add a search option to it.

This is a serious problem indeed. I've gotten my in game mail notification saying it's been published and I have my 'short code'. However, now when trying to find it under "For Review" which is SWAMPED with other players maps (even lags my game completely of just how many maps there are), it's literally like finding a needle in a haystack! I just wanted to make maps for my friends, and if mine ever got popular then whatever, cool. But they absolutely NEED to add a search engine, because what the hell is the point of spending several hours working on a project without it ever being played??
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The review to rewards process is what makes advertising your mission vital. You have to basically get 20 or so folks to play it, before there is an incentive for folks to play it. That's why your work is never done when you hit the publish button. You have to make banners, advertise on the forums and write blog posts for Tavern UGC, make trailers, ask podcasts (when they start broadcasting) to review your mission, etc. etc.

You simply cannot rely on the listings alone. For Star Trek Online, the lists have been pretty worthless for 2 years. Unless someone knows to custom search for you, it's like a needle in a haystack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamikazegokamikazego Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The worst part of the "For Review" section, aside from the lack of a search feature, is the hundreds of people doing maps that say "test", or the idiots who are still trying to do experience exploit maps.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless it is under the Best, Featured, or New tabs, you can't really search for anything. Try by author or short code first and if you find your first project then subscribe to yourself. Should solve future issues somewhat.
  • s4kur1t4s4kur1t4 Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    In the foundry there should be an option to copy to clipboard the "short"code of your quest, prob. also in the quest description tab in the catalog, you can already search for quests that are still in "For review" section afaik (considering i can find my quest by searching for it on other tabs), maybe you need to have become a reviewer for that to work?
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quest straight up vanished from the best column, and any republishing will not get it back in the Catalog, anyone else with this problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here