test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats with the gear? This is so lazy

zeekpowerzeekpower Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm extremely disappointed with the total lack of gear appearance or variance.

Honestly I know I'm not the only person who feels this way, COME ON guys does it take THAT much to provide more then 1 or 2 tiny variants on the same set of newbie gear you started the game with?

It's dungeons and dragons, we should not be wearing the same look for most of the game, it's incredibly lazy design.
Post edited by zeekpower on
«1

Comments

  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like my armors to look more different from each other... so count me as seconding the idea if not the tone of the OP. :)
  • Options
    notroarwafflenotroarwaffle Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been changing armor styles every few hours, and I imagine that the end-game sets have quite a bit of variety, so I'm not too concerned.

    Although I am hoping that they'll release a few extra low level variations later on.
  • Options
    shortiecakeshortiecake Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been kinda unimpressed with the gear too, so you are not alone.
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There should be the option for using other gear pieces to change appearance, something like you could do in AION. My cloak sux!! >.>
  • Options
    dextordnddextordnd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a level 30 CW, and i look exactly the same as i did when i logged in at level one. I'm wearing all level 30 gear, but it all looks exactly the same lolz. Except for now i have a hood woopdeewoo

    Dextor UnDeAd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crimsonredwingcrimsonredwing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was hoping for more customization as well! But in the end it was all fkin horrible....it looks like they just removed armor pieces from the main look and used that as the base level 1 than add on the pieces as you gain more levels with the new armors.I was hoping for vast differences between gear and i EXTREMELY HATE THE REUSE OF WEAPON LOOKS....why are they reusing the same models when there should be tons more!
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yea its terrible, DDO had way more armor looks, im disapointed. however, they could introduce a wide range of costumes in the store, that always generates a huge economy, don't gouge though.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, this was the one thing that disappointed me the bost. Character customization is what Cryptic does best.... and, bafflingly enough they totally dropped the ball and made the appearance customization just like every other boring MMORPG out there.
  • Options
    smauztssmauzts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    There should be the option for using other gear pieces to change appearance, something like you could do in AION. My cloak sux!! >.>

    There is...



    I'm level 47 on my CW now, I think it's plenty of different gear.


    Regards, Smauzt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    auggie123auggie123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea i freaking hate that i look the same for so long
  • Options
    zeekpowerzeekpower Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is simply not enough gear and it's all freaking purple!
  • Options
    demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm level 25 and there are only very small, subtle differences in body armor. But the helmets and bracers are quite different, although I've only seen 2 different ones. I also read that level 60 gear is pretty unique looking.
    I'm honestly quite disappointed as well. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but a pretty big downer. Hopefully we'll see a change to this? It should be possible to diversify the armor/weapon looks for every class slowly over time. Right?
  • Options
    silvertiger2772silvertiger2772 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would they give you lots of variance for free when they can release armor visual packs later for only 10,000 Zen each, as if that wasn't their plan the whole time?
  • Options
    jasongrace325jasongrace325 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it seems only blue gear has a unique look compared to green gear. so start doing your skirmishess/dungions
  • Options
    otakugamerotakugamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I so agree with this! i was thinking that "late" game it could get better but from what i see here seems not.
    And in my opinion it's not only the armors... Even in the character creation the hairstyles and faces are just so weird and ugly. I wish they could put that better...
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see differences even with lower level gear, usually the green and blue rated items.

    Some of the player crafted gear also has a very distinctive look.

    At level 35, my main (now level 39) has a VERY distinctive look. I haven't' seen anyone else running around wit this look. (Yes, I used dye packs. Even the ones that occassionally drop can change the appearance color wise).

    Here's my main, in level 35 matching rogue gear with some creative use of dye packs on base and primary layers. I'v yet to see anyone else with appearance even close to this.

    elawynrogue.jpg
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    funny thing how people talk about something they dont even know about,like erlucius that just showed how much he dont know about game but still trolling here
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zeekpower wrote: »
    I'm extremely disappointed with the total lack of gear appearance or variance.

    Honestly I know I'm not the only person who feels this way, COME ON guys does it take THAT much to provide more then 1 or 2 tiny variants on the same set of newbie gear you started the game with?

    It's dungeons and dragons, we should not be wearing the same look for most of the game, it's incredibly lazy design.

    You are what level 5?

    Wait until you get to level 60 before spamming junk like this...
  • Options
    wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    i know no one wants to hear this, but i'm sure their fashion shop will be adding a ton of appearance items/skins that we will have to purchase in order to look unique. i'm surely hope so at least as i only want to look raggedy like the shady folk npcs that walk around town. once i can do that, i shouldn't have to worry about purchasing a ton of skins. but i'm sure these will come. i mean they'd had better or else, no matter how much we like this game, we will grow very, very sick of it. vanity is a large driving force i fear.
  • Options
    pyyracypyyracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    very nice, i love it
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wakerglass wrote: »
    i know no one wants to hear this, but i'm sure their fashion shop will be adding a ton of appearance items/skins that we will have to purchase in order to look unique. i'm surely hope so at least as i only want to look raggedy like the shady folk npcs that walk around town. once i can do that, i shouldn't have to worry about purchasing a ton of skins. but i'm sure these will come. i mean they'd had better or else, no matter how much we like this game, we will grow very, very sick of it. vanity is a large driving force i fear.

    Pay overpriced fees for what is standard in all other MMO's thus far.
  • Options
    stralgarr#4184 stralgarr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's called a Cash Shop. This is why I hate F2P. All the effort goes into the cash shop so they can nickle and dime the **** out of you. You'll end up paying 10x more than you'd ever pay with a sub
  • Options
    ezbeeezbee Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I couldnt care less how my character looks.
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    I see differences even with lower level gear, usually the green and blue rated items.

    Some of the player crafted gear also has a very distinctive look.

    At level 35, my main (now level 39) has a VERY distinctive look. I haven't' seen anyone else running around wit this look. (Yes, I used dye packs. Even the ones that occassionally drop can change the appearance color wise).

    Here's my main, in level 35 matching rogue gear with some creative use of dye packs on base and primary layers. I'v yet to see anyone else with appearance even close to this.

    elawynrogue.jpg

    Now this deserves an Awesome Double Thumbs Up. Great job!

    As far as the issue being discuss here, I'm sorry you are so disappointed, but to tell you the truth, I worry about the looks at higher levels like 50th and above. I just noticed my armor changed when I acquire a Blue one, and only in passing. This game is in its infancy, so give it time. If we wait to add all the petty things people want we would have to wait another year.

    Learn something from Elawyn. She did not wait for anyone to do the customizations for her. She improvise and she came on top.
  • Options
    opomopoopomopo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's called a Cash Shop. This is why I hate F2P. All the effort goes into the cash shop so they can nickle and dime the **** out of you. You'll end up paying 10x more than you'd ever pay with a sub

    Well I've spent a grand total of 0 dollars and 0 cents. If I were playing wow or another game with a sub, I'd have paid 50 / 60 + 15 dollar sub fee already. quit being paranoid about the cash shop. If you have intelligent reasons to dislike the cash shop, then go ahead. Don't hate it because of a tin foil hat.

    OP - I've had about 5 different sets on my GF and I'm level 23. The changes are small but noticeable. How many armor sets are there from 1-23 on wow? Probably 2 or 3 and they all look like ***. They look like the fashion items you got after the tutorial. Lower levels typically have less content because you get through them so fast. Wait til 50+ when you're actually the same level for more than a few hours.

    Actually speaking of wow, there's maybe one set that entire time. The rest are just random items you put on. A pink hat, purple bracers, yellow chest plate and blue pants. Very fitting!

    Also, there are dyes that are used to customize your armor.
  • Options
    wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    opomopo wrote: »
    Well I've spent a grand total of 0 dollars and 0 cents. If I were playing wow or another game with a sub, I'd have paid 50 / 60 + 15 dollar sub fee already. quit being paranoid about the cash shop. If you have intelligent reasons to dislike the cash shop, then go ahead. Don't hate it because of a tin foil hat.

    OP - I've had about 5 different sets on my GF and I'm level 23. The changes are small but noticeable. How many armor sets are there from 1-23 on wow? Probably 2 or 3 and they all look like ***. They look like the fashion items you got after the tutorial. Lower levels typically have less content because you get through them so fast. Wait til 50+ when you're actually the same level for more than a few hours.

    Actually speaking of wow, there's maybe one set that entire time. The rest are just random items you put on. A pink hat, purple bracers, yellow chest plate and blue pants. Very fitting!

    Also, there are dyes that are used to customize your armor.


    i don't think the op was worried about 'sets' specifically, but that when you get an upgraded chest piece, it always looks nearly identical to your old one. i play a rogue and this has been true for every single piece i've acquired. popped color, leather jacket. i agree with what you're referencing in regard to wow, but i definitely need more armor appearances. i'm already very bored with my char's look. i mean i'm only 22, but i inspected a lvl 47 rogue the other day and he looked exactly like me... so they'd better get some appearance items in-game soon at the very least.
  • Options
    shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    There should be the option for using other gear pieces to change appearance, something like you could do in AION. My cloak sux!! >.>

    Actually there is an option for doing this. If you right click on the time you will see change appearance and all you have to do is have the item that you want to change the look to in the other slot.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gear changes a lot, the issue is you can not tell because of the mail shirt you have on. Take off your mail shirt and pants and you will see almost every armor piece is different.
  • Options
    primejiveprimejive Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somebody's gettin' punched in the face.

    The question is... who's it gonna be?
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the gear change is suntle...get a shoulder pad...or a new belt a slight change to the robe or tunic... i dunno if thats good or bad, and blue gear seems to have most outward effect...thing is all runs i did of cloak tower was 90% rogue gear...mean is 3 runs now and i have seen 1 other item drop... i think the drop rates there need tweaking quite a bit.
Sign In or Register to comment.