test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2h axes or hammers

zieloniutkizieloniutki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey, I was wondering - are there 2h axes in Neverwinter? Cuz, I really wanted to play a dwarf great weapon fighter, and as far as I liked the op sword I got in mail, i planned to equip an axe or hammer when I found one. But after my tenth greatsword I started to wonder - are there even 2h axes or hammers? If not, WHY? It so fun for me to play a dwarf fighter a swing my giant axe around.
Post edited by zieloniutki on

Comments

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I was wondering - are there 2h axes in Neverwinter? Cuz, I really wanted to play a dwarf great weapon fighter, and as far as I liked the op sword I got in mail, i planned to equip an axe or hammer when I found one. But after my tenth greatsword I started to wonder - are there even 2h axes or hammers? If not, WHY? It so fun for me to play a dwarf fighter a swing my giant axe around.

I got a blue hammer form clock tower and there are axes which drop too and there is one you can buy at wondrous bazaar for AD. They are not as common as swords though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • therepstertherepster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes there is the odd Axe and Hammer out there. And you can just constantly drop a ton of astral diamonds on changing the appearance of whatever sword into it.

As for why, Class Identity. You can SEE a Great Weapon Fighter and identify them immediately. More classes are incoming eventually and they will want a specific weapon for themselves that you can identify immediately as well. Not to mention loot. I can hear the constant topic being created now. "Why can't my guardian fighter use a bow" "X class can use X weapon just like my class can why can't I use those" "Why can't my wizard use Xclass's Staff" "Why can't my ranger use longswords" etc, etc. One class, one weapon type, slight variations sometimes. You want an Axe based Dwarf? Wait until the Axe based class comes around next yer, or the year after that? *shrug*
  • zieloniutkizieloniutki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    therepster wrote: »
    One class, one weapon type
    That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Why one class should only use on weapon type? Don't remember that in Neverwinter 1 or 2.
    And what, one weapon because its easier to identify a character? For what purpose? Besides, you can identify a player by clicking F on them. Another thing, the class name is Great Weapon Fighter, not Great Swords Fighter. I should be able to use a weapon of my choice. If its making sense ofc, don't want to see trickster rouge running with shield, but with a bow? Why the hell not? It's normal in a great number of rpgs, mmorpgs.
    kaltoum wrote: »
    I got a blue hammer form clock tower and there are axes which drop too and there is one you can buy at wondrous bazaar for AD. They are not as common as swords though.

Thanks mate ^^ Gonna try finding an axe for me self.
  • therepstertherepster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Why one class should only use on weapon type? Don't remember that in Neverwinter 1 or 2.
    And what, one weapon because its easier to identify a character? For what purpose? Besides, you can identify a player by clicking F on them. Another thing, the class name is Great Weapon Fighter, not Great Swords Fighter. I should be able to use a weapon of my choice. If its making sense ofc, don't want to see trickster rouge running with shield, but with a bow? Why the hell not? It's normal in a great number of rpgs, mmorpgs.

*cracks knuckles*

Neverwinter 1 and 2? You mean Neverwinter Nights? Games made by, you know, a completly diffrent developer, publisher, using a diffrent set or rules, classes, engine, lore, and edition? Might as well kill all Tieflings since that did not exist in never winter nights. What with NN2 comming out in 2006 compared the the realease of 4rth edition in 2008. No fourth, no tiefling beyond "yeah, you great grandma had sex with a demon at some point. Now you have goat feet"

And what, one weapon because its easier to identify a character? For what purpose? Besides, you can identify a player by clicking F on them.

PvP, Can't F a guy trying to kill me from across the map. Or when I'm trying to kill him across the map. Or in general. Same thing with seeing someone else while running around away from you. Or in the middle of combat to tell which or my dwarven allies is what. Like that one guy that just showed up in the zone I'm in. You know, any time that I'm not in town, or would go "Oh hey guys wait a few minutes I want to know what classes you all are." "Oh hey random guy helping me fight these mobs I have no business fighting, stop moving so I can F you."

Another thing, the class name is Great Weapon Fighter, not Great Swords Fighter.

Funny, My sheet says Great Weapon fighter, Swordmaster. Why would a sword master use an axe? Names are just that. Since when do fighter's have an effectively rage meter? Where's my combat challenge and superiority? Where's my 3/2 attack? Where's my bonus feat every 2 levels?

I should be able to use a weapon of my choice. If its making sense ofc, don't want to see trickster rouge running with shield, but with a bow?

So, sword and shield (Like say, a swashBUCKLER, classic archetype of Rogues) is out but a bow is in? Why does THAT make sense over class based weapon restriction?

Why the hell not? It's normal in a great number of rpgs, mmorpgs.

You know what else is normal in a great number of rpgs, mmorpgs? Subscriptions. Hey, guess what? That's starting to be phased out as well. Another thing that's normal in other games? Five people fighting over one weapon when they are five different classes.

Your "Other things do it this way, so should this" preconception. Or should everybody stop posting in English because it's "normal to speak in dutch on a great number of message boards". Or should I stab my doctor because "It's normal to be racist in a great number of neighborhoods."

Oh hey, another thing I've seen in a bunch of RPGs? Class. Based. Weapon. Restriction.
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    therepster wrote: »
    *cracks knuckles*

Neverwinter 1 and 2? You mean Neverwinter Nights? Games made by, you know, a completly diffrent developer, publisher, using a diffrent set or rules, classes, engine, lore, and edition? Might as well kill all Tieflings since that did not exist in never winter nights. What with NN2 comming out in 2006 compared the the realease of 4rth edition in 2008. No fourth, no tiefling beyond "yeah, you great grandma had sex with a demon at some point. Now you have goat feet"

And what, one weapon because its easier to identify a character? For what purpose? Besides, you can identify a player by clicking F on them.

PvP, Can't F a guy trying to kill me from across the map. Or when I'm trying to kill him across the map. Or in general. Same thing with seeing someone else while running around away from you. Or in the middle of combat to tell which or my dwarven allies is what. Like that one guy that just showed up in the zone I'm in. You know, any time that I'm not in town, or would go "Oh hey guys wait a few minutes I want to know what classes you all are." "Oh hey random guy helping me fight these mobs I have no business fighting, stop moving so I can F you."

Another thing, the class name is Great Weapon Fighter, not Great Swords Fighter.

Funny, My sheet says Great Weapon fighter, Swordmaster. Why would a sword master use an axe? Names are just that. Since when do fighter's have an effectively rage meter? Where's my combat challenge and superiority? Where's my 3/2 attack? Where's my bonus feat every 2 levels?

I should be able to use a weapon of my choice. If its making sense ofc, don't want to see trickster rouge running with shield, but with a bow?

So, sword and shield (Like say, a swashBUCKLER, classic archetype of Rogues) is out but a bow is in? Why does THAT make sense over class based weapon restriction?

Why the hell not? It's normal in a great number of rpgs, mmorpgs.

You know what else is normal in a great number of rpgs, mmorpgs? Subscriptions. Hey, guess what? That's starting to be phased out as well. Another thing that's normal in other games? Five people fighting over one weapon when they are five different classes.

Your "Other things do it this way, so should this" preconception. Or should everybody stop posting in English because it's "normal to speak in dutch on a great number of message boards". Or should I stab my doctor because "It's normal to be racist in a great number of neighborhoods."

Oh hey, another thing I've seen in a bunch of RPGs? Class. Based. Weapon. Restriction.

If you're "trying to kill a guy across the map" he's a wizard or cleric. Look at the spell or attack animations. It's not hard to differentiate classes. You can still have GWF's and GF's wielding both swords axes and hammers. You know why? Because one has a ****ing shield and one wields them two handed. You can even make two and one handed versions of each if they're too lazy to just change how the weapon looks depending on who wields it. Class based loot really doesn't matter because you have multiple of each class in instances anyways. You lose a roll? oh well, guess you better run it again. I see nothing wrong with a rogue/gwf/gf all being able to roll on a sword. The armor already all looks the ****ing same, why do we all have to wield the same weapons too? Diversity is good, not bad.