test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

that feel when everyone needs everything always no matter what.

kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
ever have a dungeon where you're the only trickster and all three bosses drop trickster items that are massive upgrades for you and you don't get a single one? and then you reque and the SAME EXACT THING HAPPENS AGAIN?

feelsbadman

on a serious note

NEED OVER GREED STANDARD IN DUNGEON QUES.

havent yall learned from evolution of mmorpgs?
all the new and reguarly updated mmorpgs use this system so people cant ninja loot things they can't use over people who acutally need them.

concept is simple.

if you can acutally wear it, you can need it.

if you can't, you can't.
Post edited by kaydiechi on

Comments

• torgrimmxtorgrimmx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why dont you just drop Group.

If you drop out every time it happens, they will learn.
    Torgrimm Jarl - Olav Jarl
  • kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    erm, no?

so i have to take the punishment for others trolls, that will only lead to more people doing it, lol.
    edited May 2013
    They will be punished as well if it happens before you are done.

Maybe they will quit stealing. You whining here wont make them quit.

Also announce that you put them on ignore and wont ever Group With them again. Not a huge threat, but it could be at endgame.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Community here is pretty toxic at high levels for that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. As a GF I've yet to win a single thing in Epic dungeon crawls, I dont roll on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I cant use but apparently I am in a minority there. Look on the brightside though, they throw Unicorn and Dragon tokens at you so T1 and T2 epic sets are silly easy to get at 60 making the gear grind pretty easy IMO.
    edited May 2013
    You should announce before Group heads out that if you see People roll on stuff their class cant use you will drop out of Group.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see a setup where three things are true:

1. Unidentified items don't drop in skirmishes or dungeons. As it stands, I'm stuck rolling Need on all of them that I'm allowed to use, and end up feeling like a heel if I see the stats and they'd have been better for someone else. It's a pain. I'm not a fan of the identification system anyway, but that's its single biggest flaw in my experience.

2. You can't roll Need on items you can't equip. It's grayed out. If you can't use it, you don't need it.

3. You can only roll Need a certain number of times per dungeon/skirmish. Make people gamble on that - roll Need now, maybe miss out on a better item later.
  • angeloburton123angeloburton123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm at level 54 and did all Dungeons + (almost all) Skirmishes of the quest areas at least once. So far I have encountered no group where people needed on Class items they could not use.

Perhaps I'm just lucky. Or you guys are unlucky ;)
    Could also be that in higher areas right now there are more people with Guardian/Hero packs and they are nicer than the F2P crowds?
  • nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a TR who ran an epic dungeon only once and got some TR boots out of it, and a CW that isn't 60 yet and has run all of the dungeons up to 40 and has yet to see a CW specific drop from any boss, I just end up going in dungeons when dungeon delve is up so I at least get something from the chest at the end.
  • zaerokzaerok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The loot distribution system is practically stone age compared to some of the more intelligently made MMOs out there. I rather like NW even if it is simplistic (no climbing, secret doors, swimming, etc), but the way you gain loot is a huge disappointment.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I already posted a topic about this the other day, along with other issues and a solution.

please support it as it seem to got lost in the masses...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?183631-Important-change-request-Full-group-loot!