test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizards in PVP

tieravintieravin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
What's the counter? Unbloackable, undodgeable mez, Unbloackable, undodgeable stun, Unbloackable, undodgeable knock-back, Unbloackable, undodgeable stun again, Unbloackable, undodgeable knock back again, all the time teleporting all over the place and doing ranged damage.

Go figure, make a class almost so bad in PVE that it's unplayable the dominating force in PVP.
Post edited by tieravin on

Comments

• elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tieravin wrote: »
    Go figure, make a class almost so bad in PVE that it's unplayable the dominating force in PVP.

I'm not sure what class you've been playing. That certainly does not describe control wizards.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Get to level 60, see how well CWs work in PvP then. Or better yet, level a CW to 60 and try it out in PvP. You will be posting here how the game is unplayable because of clerics and GFs.

Pretty much everything from a CW can be blocked by a GF, by the way. Even if something goes through, it will barely scratch him.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • tieravintieravin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    I'm not sure what class you've been playing. That certainly does not describe control wizards.

Just going by what I see in groups. The control wizard is always the last in damage, generally being beaten by the cleric, and what he adds to the group is completely nominal as it's limited to one target (or a knock back which does nothing but screw over everyone else trying to use powers that require monsters to be stationary).
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Up to 60, my CW was nearly always at the top of the damage list, in dungeons. Not sure what people you have played with or what level that was at. When I had other CWs in my groups, they were always close and around the same damage. I don't have experience with epic dungeons, though.
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    CW can't pass my shield :D
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just going by what I see in groups. The control wizard is always the last in damage, generally being beaten by the cleric, and what he adds to the group is completely nominal as it's limited to one target (or a knock back which does nothing but screw over everyone else trying to use powers that require monsters to be stationary).

I guess the wizards you've been grouping with have been as good at their class as you apparently are with the guardian fighter :P

fyi: pretty much all of our abilities are blockable
  • mawaddah444mawaddah444 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Control Wizard is good in pve and pvp
    Just need to learn more about that lol
  • hurricaneknapphurricaneknapp Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sorry, but my wizard is almost always first or second on dps charts, oftentimes beating out a TR with ease if there is enough AoE in the fights. Even on runs with much smaller pulls, I'm still pulling a close second. All that while making sure the cleric isn't mobbed by monsters and CCing whatever I can. Admittedly, in the 30s, I do still feel a bit overpowered in PvP, but I expect that to change. I was more overpowered in the 20s, and each time I go into the arenas, I feel a little less powerful than the last time.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The CW is fine. It does what it is supposed too. My only real problem is the damage dailies for rogues, CWs, and clerics. I'm guessing maybe the GWF has a damage one as well, but never see it used. The above mentioned can crit for nearly entire health bars or actually one shot.

CWs and Clerics have range on theirs and build action points incredibly quickly. Theirs are slightly weaker than the rogues, but they are ranged and have a CC attached to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Get to level 60, see how well CWs work in PvP then. Or better yet, level a CW to 60 and try it out in PvP. You will be posting here how the game is unplayable because of clerics and GFs.

Pretty much everything from a CW can be blocked by a GF, by the way. Even if something goes through, it will barely scratch him.

So the concept is, tell people to get to 60 and hope that CW does not dominate then like it does now? You ever played L60 pvp? Didnt think so. Also, the CW can just teleport nonstop all over, you know they need to nerf that ability to use up action points like other classes have.
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    So the concept is, tell people to get to 60 and hope that CW does not dominate then like it does now? You ever played L60 pvp? Didnt think so. Also, the CW can just teleport nonstop all over, you know they need to nerf that ability to use up action points like other classes have.

Teleport uses your stamina bar, 3 teleports empties the bar and you have to wait. Not different from TR dodge rolls (or cleric's electric slide).
  • aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's the counter? Unbloackable, undodgeable mez, Unbloackable, undodgeable stun, Unbloackable, undodgeable knock-back, Unbloackable, undodgeable stun again, Unbloackable, undodgeable knock back again, all the time teleporting all over the place and doing ranged damage.

What's up with rogues in PvP!?!
    I mean, stab, stab, stab, stab, where'd he go, stab, stab, I'm dead.
    We demand diminishing returns on all rogue attacks, until they all hit 1 damage per hit, then they cannot attack for the duration of a cooldown timer or the timer resets.
    /sarcasm off
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    Teleport uses your stamina bar, 3 teleports empties the bar and you have to wait. Not different from TR dodge rolls (or cleric's electric slide).

It is different in that they can do 3 teleports per stamina bar as compared to 2 of the cleric and rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    It is different in that they can do 3 teleports per stamina bar as compared to 2 of the cleric and rogue.

True, I meant more in function that it depletes a resource and cannot be done 'nonstop' like the guy I was responding to was whining.
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    So the concept is, tell people to get to 60 and hope that CW does not dominate then like it does now? You ever played L60 pvp? Didnt think so.

Yes, I have. My wizard is Tasyn on Dragon, and he has been 60 for a few days (headstart).

I do think you need to learn more about classes before you comment on balance issues. Comments like, "CW can just teleport nonstop" show that you have done no research. The PvP at 60 is extremely different from PvP at lower levels. (It is much less fun, actually.)
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I have. My wizard is Tasyn on Dragon, and he has been 60 for a few days (headstart).

I do think you need to learn more about classes before you comment on balance issues. Comments like, "CW can just teleport nonstop" show that you have done no research. The PvP at 60 is extremely different from PvP at lower levels. (It is much less fun, actually.)

Yeah, it is a bit less fun. I loved the 30-39 bracket. Was good times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Yeah, it is a bit less fun. I loved the 30-39 bracket. Was good times.

I think the "TTK" is just too low at 60, but I'm reluctant to say much because I have a lot of room for gear improvements still. I find rogues fairly annoying, but instead of posting about it, I rolled one myself so that I better understand how they work and what abilities they have. May help me to come up with ideas how to counter them more efficiently. That little halfling is actually quite fun to level. :)

In general, I feel that the game is too new yet to ask for nerfs for any class. There will no doubt be more balancing at some point.
  • wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh, pretty much all of the CW skills are blockable.

You're either trolling or you've never played a GF. Can't decide which.
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Is it much less fun because the other classes you used to melt down in short order can now actually fight back? :D
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GWF.... you might not get many kills, but tab, take less damage and ignore all CC, stay in combat, get more determination within a few seconds, tab, take less damage and ignore all mez. TRs still wreck your face in sheer damage, but CW's can't do much when most of your time is spent immune to their control, and mitigating a good portion of their damage.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
    edited May 2013
    epixcomix wrote: »
    Is it much less fun because the other classes you used to melt down in short order can now actually fight back? :D

Cheeky! :p. No, actually, it is probably just the gear gap. What I enjoyed about the PvP is that fights took a bit of time and it wasn't BAM DEAD! My character now goes down in one stun in literally two seconds, by rogues. But, like I said, this could be gear and l2p issues on my part, so I don't want to say too much. I will grind PvP gear and also level up my rogue to understand the mechanics better.