test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

See your own title & guildname?

vomkvomk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hey guys, I remember in Betaweekend 3 I could see my own title above my characters head. Is this not possible anymore? I would love too have my title/guildname there with my nick.
Post edited by vomk on

Comments

• mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In settings>hud (IIRC) there are two options for see your own name and see your own title. By default they are set to "never" but can be changed to "mouse over" or "always". Guild name is probably in there as well but since I don't yet belong to a guild I haven't looked for that option.
  • vomkvomk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    rabbiddog wrote: »
    In settings>hud (IIRC) there are two options for see your own name and see your own title. By default they are set to "never" but can be changed to "mouse over" or "always". Guild name is probably in there as well but since I don't yet belong to a guild I haven't looked for that option.
    I do find so I can see other peoples titles and guilds, but only my own name, not my title or guild name :/.
    edited May 2013
    vomk wrote: »
    I do find so I can see other peoples titles and guilds, but only my own name, not my title or guild name :/.

The options for Name and Title are right next to each other. The option for guild name I gotta assume is in that same menu as it has all the options for enabling or disabling the display of names for other players, NPCs, etc. It's also possible title and guild name display can only happen after you reach a certain level, much like being able to mail in game items to yourself is only possible starting at level 15. Likewise for in game whispers.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . . I liked being able to toggle my name and titles as well at times. I generally leave it disabled though but yeah, I do also miss this ability. Not sure why it was taken out. For those explaining how to enable this: This doesn't work like you're explaining anymore, the only things that are now toggle-able for the player is their Name and Health Bar. Titles and Guild Affiliation no longer appear below one's own name to yourself.

. . . . . Taking that into account, I am moving this to Bugs, as it used to display this and was "changed" with no mention, so I can only assume this is a bug.
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . I liked being able to toggle my name and titles as well at times. I generally leave it disabled though but yeah, I do also miss this ability. Not sure why it was taken out. For those explaining how to enable this: This doesn't work like you're explaining anymore, the only things that are now toggle-able for the player is their Name and Health Bar. Titles and Guild Affiliation no longer appear below one's own name to yourself.

. . . . . Taking that into account, I am moving this to Bugs, as it used to display this and was "changed" with no mention, so I can only assume this is a bug.

Again, are we sure it's not level bound? Also I am able to check the option in game (did it last night), so I assume when you say it doesn't work you mean the option is there and can be toggled, but it does nothing when it's toggled on? Because I can certainly toggle it on and off, it just doesn't show up when I toggle it on. This is what I am seeing in game. Which is what lead me to believe it was possibly level bound.
  • epikoaepikoa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are the guild names the same as what I call "subtitles," for lack of a better word? For example, I see "Joe Schmo" and then underneath the name it says "of Neverwinter" or something like that. Is that something separate from his guild name? How do you get that to show? Thanks in advance.
    edited May 2013
    epikoa wrote: »
    Are the guild names the same as what I call "subtitles," for lack of a better word? For example, I see "Joe Schmo" and then underneath the name it says "of Neverwinter" or something like that. Is that something separate from his guild name? How do you get that to show? Thanks in advance.

Yes, that is not guild name that is a Title. If you go into your character profile, you can set your title (if you have any). The "Of Cityname" is based on the city/area you chose during character creation. I believe the guild names display above a players names.
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lets make this a bit clearer.

When I have my characters name and healthbar as "always" show, it dosen't include my guild name or title. However, when I view my friends, I can see thier healthbar, guild name, and title.

What I was asking for them to put back into the game is: Please allow us to view the guild name and title ALONG with our name and healthbar.

Thanks,
    WOLF
  • epikoaepikoa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much. I'm such a ****.
  • skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Yea, I can see everyone else's titles and guild names but not my own. :/
    I really hope this gets fixed soon!
  • glowyrmzglowyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this is pretty lame, I thought I was going crazy and just missing it.

There's 1 option that says "Show Player Titles With Name". Usually they use the wording "Player's" when talking about your own character and "Players" when talking above everyone in general, so it doesn't sound like it's specifically for our characters.

Either way, I can't see a reason to leave this out, so I have to assume it's just a problem that needs fixing.
    cROpbBa.png