test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I get RANK 3 powers?

callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am a trickster rogue, lvl 22 atm.

All of my powers are Rank 2, I have 18 points spent. 5points available.

It says spend 20 points to unlock Rank 3.

Fine and dandy, but how do I spend 20 points when there is nothing left for me to upgrade?

Or does it mean I have to save up my points until I have 20 remaining and then I can unlock it?

If so thats quite odd, and due tot eh wording ill now have to spend cash to respec certain points -.-
Post edited by callmedeux on

Comments

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to spend 20 points on other skills, then you will be able to unlock level 3 powers.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ALL of your powers (at will, encounter, daily, passive) are rank 2 already?

Should be something for you to dump points into to hit 20 spent (which unlocks rank 3).
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is always something left to upgrade. It is impossible at 22 to be unable to spend your points
  • Options
    veeiveei Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once you spend 30 points you can then unlock tier 3 on skills. So basically level 30. At level 30 you will have 2 points into every skill at that point.
    Rigas Crimstone, Officer

"Perfecting the art of being a meatshield since 1998"

Banners of the Light
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    Veei your wrong it 20 points spent (the tool tip might say 30 but it 20), the OP missed a power or 3 that havnt got 3 points in it as he only spent 18 points.
  • Options
    veeiveei Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are correct. For some reason I thought it was 30.
    Rigas Crimstone, Officer

"Perfecting the art of being a meatshield since 1998"

Banners of the Light
  • Options
    wearefriendzwearefriendz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue, all my available skills are at rank 2 and I'm stuck with 18pts spent and 2 unspent points with nothing to upgrade.. -_-;
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue, all my available skills are at rank 2 and I'm stuck with 18pts spent and 2 unspent points with nothing to upgrade.. -_-;

List your class along with all of your skills and the rank you have in them. Then we will tell you what you are missing.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    Hmm:
    Tier break points are 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 points spent.

Based on 18 point spent and all in skills that have 2 points means you maxed out that mean you spent it in 9 skills.
    So since tier 0 has 5 and tier 5 & 10 have 2 skills each that mean you only spent point in the first 3 tiers. So there's 3 skills you can spend points into in the tier 15 point group.

So try scrolling the power selection window a bit and problem will be solved.
  • Options
    griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    Hmm:
    Tier break points are 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 points spent.

Based on 18 point spent and all in skills that have 2 points means you maxed out that mean you spent it in 9 skills.
    So since tier 0 has 5 and tier 5 & 10 have 2 skills each that mean you only spent point in the first 3 tiers. So there's 3 skills you can spend points into in the tier 15 point group.

So try scrolling the power selection window a bit and problem will be solved.

I'm having a similar problem. I'm a level 16 CW and have spent 17 points already, but the "Available at 15 points" powers: Repel, Arcane Presence, Chilling Presence are still "Not Available Yet".

So when exactly do those 15 point powers become available then ?
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    griffin230 wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem. I'm a level 16 CW and have spent 17 points already, but the "Available at 15 points" powers: Repel, Arcane Presence, Chilling Presence are still "Not Available Yet".

So when exactly do those 15 point powers become available then ?

They should become available when you have spent 15 points. If you have already spent 17, it should already be unlocked and available for you to take. You might want to try restarting your client and coming back to check on it. Failing that, you probably need to look for help in the support section or try contacting a GM.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    epixcomix wrote: »
    They should become available when you have spent 15 points. If you have already spent 17, it should already be unlocked and available for you to take. You might want to try restarting your client and coming back to check on it. Failing that, you probably need to look for help in the support section or try contacting a GM.

****, it looks like this is the bug we are having. Even after restarting, those 15 point powers aren't available.
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They're probably not available because you don't have any points to spend. Level up and get a point, then look.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    prunetracy wrote: »
    They're probably not available because you don't have any points to spend. Level up and get a point, then look.

I'll level up and try again, but I used up my 16th and 17th point somewhere else (basically wasted them just to try and unlock the 15 points powers), because those 15 point powers weren't available even when I had spent 15 points and had some leftover points to spend.

Yeah, I do have access now, after I levelled up. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    ronlokhurronlokhur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having the same doubt, the I realized I just needed to scroll down a bit on my powers page... X-P