test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More CC please

deezilxdeezilx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am serious, I don't think there is enough CC and disables in this game. Can you please add more so we can make PvP 100% **** instead of just 90%? LOL I can literally keep people stunned and disable for almost the entirety of their health pool being depleted.
Post edited by deezilx on

Comments

• nerbelethnerbeleth Member Posts: 362 Former Developer
    edited May 2013
    I can press 1 until people die, its not because my rogue is OP, its because some people are bad at awareness and dont dodge.
    CCs in this game are nowhere near as annoying as other mmorpgs i played, also, outside of CCs CW have what? mediocre dps?

game is not even out for a week and people already complain about CCs, it happens in every game, and it will keep happening; if you dislike being able to CC someone to death i recommend you try to find some people with hands and awareness to go up against.
    Parity Tester
    sig2.png

I7 4770k OC////Asus formula VI extreme////seasonic platinum 1000w PSU////GTx 780TI SC////32 ghz ram kingston hyperX predators////NXZT phantom 820
  • deezilxdeezilx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL Did you really just say it's not because your Rogue is OP?
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or go play PvE with the rest of the carebears that cant dodge.
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dodging and CC interrupting is too hard. Better post on the forums about it.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GWF... press tab and walk away from any/all CCs
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • nerbelethnerbeleth Member Posts: 362 Former Developer
    edited May 2013
    deezilx wrote: »
    LOL Did you really just say it's not because your Rogue is OP?

...No...but i guess you could infer that taking into account your OP.
    everything is overpowered for those who cant adapt.
    Parity Tester
    sig2.png

I7 4770k OC////Asus formula VI extreme////seasonic platinum 1000w PSU////GTx 780TI SC////32 ghz ram kingston hyperX predators////NXZT phantom 820
  • drakkanithdrakkanith Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes... Because Rogues ARENT Op. I'm a GF and i've met some rogues that have taken me down without too much trouble, slowly, but then I have gone against rogues that I have killed 2x in one life bar. All about me taking them out of stealth or just blocking their backstabs.
  • deezilxdeezilx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I was saying is I want more CC's... not sure where all this defensiveness for Rogues came from. Must be that they're not broken.
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or go play PvE with the rest of the carebears that cant dodge.

People like you ruin PvP.
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    People like you ruin PvP.
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off.

WTF why?

Because I am competitive in a competitive atmosphere? Let me guess, when you were a kid, you played sports to "have fun"? Well let me tell you something, my father pushed me to become the best hockey player I could be. He taught me the aspects of competition and the joys of winning, and the sad feeling of defeat. But more importantly, he taught me how to adapt and learn from my losses, so that I wouldn't repeat the same mistakes.

And do you know what, I got into college on a full scholarship playing for the UNB Varsity Reds. I can never thank my father enough for teaching me that there is more to it than "well at least you had fun!".

I bring this exact same mentality to PvP. I play PvP because I literally want to show other people that I am better than they are. So I will re-iterate:

If you can't deal with PvP, keep fighting little mobs with their static AI, carebears.
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    WTF why?

Because I am competitive in a competitive atmosphere? Let me guess, when you were a kid, you played sports to "have fun"? Well let me tell you something, my father pushed me to become the best hockey player I could be. He taught me the aspects of competition and the joys of winning, and the sad feeling of defeat. But more importantly, he taught me how to adapt and learn from my losses, so that I wouldn't repeat the same mistakes.

And do you know what, I got into college on a full scholarship playing for the UNB Varsity Reds. I can never thank my father enough for teaching me that there is more to it than "well at least you had fun!".

I bring this exact same mentality to PvP. I play PvP because I literally want to show other people that I am better than they are. So I will re-iterate:

If you can't deal with PvP, keep fighting little mobs with their static AI, carebears.

Just because you're "competitive" doesn't justify that you have to be a jerk.
    Having a foul, egotistical attitude will get you no where.
    Say what you want, but bashing other players just makes you look weak.
    edited May 2013
    Just because you're "competitive" doesn't justify that you have to be a jerk.
    Having a foul, egotistical attitude will get you no where.
    Say what you want, but bashing other players just makes you look weak.

the guy is crying about getting stunned in PvP.

He should go fight baddies in PvE, that seems to be more his level.

Don't come cry about it in the forums if you can't handle the negative responses you are going to get. The CC in PvP is fine.
    edited May 2013
    LOL. When did I EVER say that I was upset over getting stunned in PvP?
    & I'm a female, little dove; let's get that squared away real quick.

Even more ironic is that I'm a CW myself and I personally think my CC and KDR is on point.
    Never did I say I had a problem in PvP.
    I do, however, find it pathetic when people who PvP like to talk to down to others to show their dominance.
    In retrospect, I find your futile attempts to deem yourself so competitive to be nothing more than acts bred from insecurity.
    edited May 2013
    LOL. When did I EVER say that I was upset over getting stunned in PvP?
    & I'm a female, little dove; let's get that squared away real quick.

Even more ironic is that I'm a CW myself and I personally think my CC and KDR is on point.
    Never did I say I had a problem in PvP.
    I do, however, find it pathetic when people who PvP like to talk to down to others to show their dominance.
    In retrospect, I find your futile attempts to deem yourself so competitive to be nothing more than acts bred from insecurity.

... was talking about OP, but w/e, you are more fun to debate with anyways. enjoying these double-thread debates.

still waiting for a reply in the 200 AD one
    edited May 2013
    ... was talking about OP, but w/e, you are more fun to debate with anyways. enjoying these double-thread debates.

still waiting for a reply in the 200 AD one

You quoted me when you said that, my love.
    That is why I replied. LOL.

& personally, I'm not looking to offend you.
    If I have, I apologize.
    I'm feeling a bit angst-y and uppity because I lost my Coins from the Server being down last night.
    No hard feelings. <3
    edited May 2013
    You quoted me when you said that, my love.
    That is why I replied. LOL.

& personally, I'm not looking to offend you.
    If I have, I apologize.
    I'm feeling a bit angst-y and uppity because I lost my Coins from the Server being down last night.
    No hard feelings. <3

There's a celestial coin thread floating around somewhere.......

Same here, I'm uppity about you PSA'ing the community over the lockboxes :P
    edited May 2013
    There's a celestial coin thread floating around somewhere.......

Same here, I'm uppity about you PSA'ing the community over the lockboxes :P

Yeahh, I've read it.
    I'm not about to rummage through a bunch of QQ's to find a valid response. Wish a Mod or Dev would give some insight.
    & I'm sorry~ As a HoTN & Guardian, I have 2.6mil AD; thinking that was a hell of a lot; but then I started taking into consideration how much it is to take a socket out is, or how much certain gear/mounts are; and I was like. ****. Things are really expensive, not to mention AD is pretty painstaking to earn, haha.
    edited May 2013
    Yeahh, I've read it.
    I'm not about to rummage through a bunch of QQ's to find a valid response. Wish a Mod or Dev would give some insight.
    & I'm sorry~ As a HoTN & Guardian, I have 2.6mil AD; thinking that was a hell of a lot; but then I started taking into consideration how much it is to take a socket out is, or how much certain gear/mounts are; and I was like. ****. Things are really expensive, not to mention AD is pretty painstaking to earn, haha.

What insight do you need? If you don't pray within a period of 29 hours, you lose all celestials, to a max of 7, which is how many you can hold anyways. Ardents are forever :)

Don't say sorry to me, I'm an a$$hole and I know that already. I don't blame you for calling me out on it.

And I didn't buy any founders packs, because I was busy last week/this weekend, But I think I may splurge on HOTN before they expire.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nerbeleth wrote: »
    I can press 1 until people die, its not because my rogue is OP, its because some people are bad at awareness and dont dodge.
    CCs in this game are nowhere near as annoying as other mmorpgs i played, also, outside of CCs CW have what? mediocre dps?

game is not even out for a week and people already complain about CCs, it happens in every game, and it will keep happening; if you dislike being able to CC someone to death i recommend you try to find some people with hands and awareness to go up against.

Rogues are OP in pvp actually, have been since beta 2.
    edited May 2013
    WTF why?

Too bad your father didn't teach you humility and how to be modest. He sounds like an elitist prick just like you.
    edited May 2013
    Too bad your father didn't teach you humility and how to be modest. He sounds like an elitist prick just like you.

/guilty

But i bet you he could beat up your dad.
    edited May 2013
    What insight do you need? If you don't pray within a period of 29 hours, you lose all celestials, to a max of 7, which is how many you can hold anyways. Ardents are forever :)

Nono, I'm aware of that but I lose 6 coins because of the downtime last night.
    That's what I'm pissed about, haha.

Oh well~
    I'm more focused on my Ardent's than anything; they give me Unicorn Seals ;)
    edited May 2013
    For the record, some of you guys are idiots and don't read. The OP was commenting on how stupid it is that he can do these things not that it happens to him. Dumb *** people.
  • vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the record, some of you guys are idiots and don't read. The OP was commenting on how stupid it is that he can do these things not that it happens to him. Dumb *** people.

easy bic boi
    you gonna pop a vein
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are to many lock out tbh. not a huge fan of my CW in pvp, cc's don;t last long and dmg is meh. and stuff like a GF being able to block EVERTHING i do is .im sorry. just flat out dumb game design. really. also got silenced by a rogue and then other rogue opens and silenced again. couldnt cast in the for around 8 sec. im fine with sielnces. but they need to dr with other players silences. so far, pvp is just flat out BAD.
  • c10udc10ud Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    If only the matching system were a little less derpity. The problem isn't that the CC's are OP, it just looks like it when a team of mostly rogues and GWF's get stuck against a team with a blend of 3 CW's and TR's and 2 DC's.