test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect World Entertainment = Highway Robbers

mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I bought the Neverwinter Starter Kit priced at $19.99 and I had to pay twentysix dollars because I live in sweden and apparently I am scum to every american company.
I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
Post edited by mikael74 on

Comments

• acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    Well, remember it's the American subsidiary of a Chinese company, so remember to attribute blame accordingly.

As a Chinese-American living in Asia, I'm allowed to say that.

Jokes aside - why the price difference? Is it all the fault of the retailer, or are there tax issues?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Actually this is due to the European VAT.

Nothing the american companies can do. :(
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    VAT owns you..that is all.
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »
    Well, remember it's the American subsidiary of a Chinese company, so remember to attribute blame accordingly.

As a Chinese-American living in Asia, I'm allowed to say that.

Jokes aside - why the price difference? Is it all the fault of the retailer, or are there tax issues?

30% that is one hefty tax.. no it's all bull**** and I'm thinking of going to my bank and demand a chargeback.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would assume there is tax issues perhaps? $19.99 USD is around 130 SEK. $26.00 USD is around 169 SEK.
    edited May 2013
    jakula1 wrote: »
    I would assume there is tax issues perhaps? $19.99 USD is around 130 SEK. $26.00 USD is around 169 SEK.

I paid 169,66 SEK.
  • dariuscstarrdariuscstarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's VAT as has been said so very many times on the forums already. If you don't like it, lobby your government.
    9.jpg
    edited May 2013
    It's VAT as has been said so very many times on the forums already. If you don't like it, lobby your government.

The VAT is not 30% and I paid 30% extra. No country has a 30% VAT.
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is VAT.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    The VAT is not 30% and I paid 30% extra. No country has a 30% VAT.

It's not only the VAT, it's also whatever the current exchange rate is - which changes up or down every day. So when you say "169,66 SEK" equals $26 - that was true at the time and day you made the purchase. Today 169,66 SEK could equal $20 or it could equal $30. Check with your bank on international currency exchange rates - then add VAT taxes.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bought the Neverwinter Starter Kit priced at $19.99 and I had to pay twentysix dollars because I live in sweden and apparently I am scum to every american company.

No apparently you are scum to yor country that charges a 25 perent VAT rate.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I paid 169,66 SEK.

Well I did the research you were unwilling to do and easily found that with recent exchange rates of SEK to USD and a 25% VAT tax you should have paid somewhere right around 170 SEK. In other words exactly what you paid. Pwe does not pocket that your govt does.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Path of Exile supporter packs did not add VAT.
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013

And?

/10char
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another thread from you to go over the same stuff? Why? Need more attention or something?
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You do know you have to pay the european and swedish VAT on top of the US price don't you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Then either their price included the VAT, or they illegally avoided paying the VAT.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Then either their price included the VAT, or they illegally avoided paying the VAT.

Or they have an office in the EU. IF they have offices in the EU, US, and China, A company can generally accept money with less or no taxes, due to grey areas in most countries tax laws.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Many things have been explained to the OP over the past couple of days. He chooses to ignore it or personally attack the people trying to help him. I suspect he's a gem outside of the internet.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Don't be so down on yourself OP. Do you really think you're scum of the earth?:cool: